PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Gronk gonna play in the Falcons game? If not, when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if he's basically rules out then why are the pats having him pack his bags? Honestly I wonder if these s called "sources" really have any inside inffo

Well apparently Florio pays Drew Rosenhaus' premium fee for inside information.

I can't see either Amendola or Gronk playing on the Atlanta field. Sucks.

well no gronk...maybe they get both back at cincy

More importantly, is Sudfeld gonna get his first catch this week. Man, what a disappointment.

More importantly, is Sudfeld gonna get his first catch this week. Man, what a disappointment.

dude is a UDFA .. What did you expect? Shockey level performances when he came out? :singing:

dude is a UDFA .. What did you expect? Shockey level performances when he came out? :singing:

Again, given the thread, a lot was apparently expected. Three weeks into the season, active for two of them, and not one catch in spite of not having anything else viable at the TE position. He's been a disappointment thus far.

While the Patriots are taking it day by day, the plan is for the to have a limited role in Atlanta.

A healthy dose of Gronk and Sudfeld in the red zone and Amendola will more than likely spell Edelman as of right now. It's going to be interesting to see if Sudfeld gets more spacing with Gronk on the field, and if he can get open enough to benefit from it.

Source: Plan is for Gronkowski, Amendola to play Sunday - Extra Points - Boston.com

As an aside (and not to doubt this particular report): Who are these "league sources" reporters are always citing? I'm skeptical that the Pats would let any "league sources" know their plans.

That would be very good!

The Falcons have given up the most yards in the league so far to slot receivers and FS Thomas DeCoud will do almost anything to avoid a tackle, so having Gronk running right at him would be....fun, to say the least.

I haven't read all the posts here, but even if Gronk isn't ready even by Game 7, as far as I'm concerned it's beneficial that he's even been able to practice with the team and begin to get back in Game Condition.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't he precluded from even practicing if he's on the PUP?

If I have to choose from between the current 54th guy on the roster, or having a well conditioned Gronk ready to come back even if its only starting with Game 7, I'll take a better conditioned/healthy Gronk for half the season over the 54th roster spot for the first half.

I kindof wanted them to stash Gronk on the PUP initially to let him fully recoup and be healthy - but the realization that he couldn't practice until the 6 weeks would have been up changes the equation in hindsight.

I haven't read all the posts here, but even if Gronk isn't ready even by Game 7, as far as I'm concerned it's beneficial that he's even been able to practice with the team and begin to get back in Game Condition.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't he precluded from even practicing if he's on the PUP?

Yes, PUPpies cannot take part in team practices.

Its funny reading posts when league sources say Gronk wont play :(

Then a source says Gronk will play :rocker:

Nobody knows for sure right now except a few people and they're not talking. I would take all these reports with a grain of salt. We wont know for sure until Sun

Nobody knows for sure right now except a few people and they're not talking. I would take all these reports with a grain of salt. We wont know for sure until Sun

Damn! And here I thought this (weekly) thread would have the answers!
Instead, it's the male sports fans' equivalent of b!tching and moaning and letting out "feelings"

What's the world coming to when you can't fully believe unnamed media sources - or a football coach - about the health of NFL players?

This is all completely correct. I currently have a 237:7 like/dislike ratio on PFT for correcting Florio for saying otherwise:nono:

Finally!
The answer we're all waiting for...

Andy Hart @JumboHart
I'll be honest. I have no idea if either Rob Gronkowski or Danny Amendola is going to play for the #Patriots Sunday. There, I said it.

This could have saved us 5 pages of kvetching Andy Hart, had you been post #2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST