PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Gronk gonna play in the Falcons game? If not, when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If his arm isn't ready at this point, doesn't that mean something is seriously wrong? How long does it take to recover from a broken bone? Wasn't surgery 6 months ago?

The bone should be healed, but the strength in the arm isn't where it should be. He hasn't been able to bench and curl in a long time with that arm. He needs to have it as strong as possible to avoid another injury.

If you watch the practice video that was just posted, Gronkowski doesn't even use his left arm (wearing a brace or cast) to try to get off of Talib in the interception from Brady. If he's still having a setback with his left arm, who effective can he actually be, especially blocking? He still might be still be afraid/lack confidence that it might break again, like it did in the Texans game.

Patriots Today - Belichick breaks it down

Neither does VJ use his outside arm on Talib in the real game.

Anyway, when the docs and coaches think Gronk is ready...he will play.

Personally I think they are being too cautious. His last arm surgery was in Feb. Even if he broke it then....6-8 wks to heal. Back surgery in Late june I think. Which definately hindered his workouts. He is all healed, seems they want him in the best shape possible....no rush

If you watch the practice video that was just posted, Gronkowski doesn't even use his left arm (wearing a brace or cast) to try to get off of Talib in the interception from Brady. If he's still having a setback with his left arm, who effective can he actually be, especially blocking? He still might be still be afraid/lack confidence that it might break again, like it did in the Texans game.

IMO you are reading waaaaaay too much into that video.

He doesn't use his left arm because he's running an out route to the left. There is absolutely no need for him to use his left arm other than catch the ball.

How come Vincent Jackson didn't use his right arm when he ran that out route to the right? Because it's not the arm closest to the defender.

Really grasping at straws with this one.

Supposedly 60/40 to play, just heard it on 985

There you have it. If 98.5 says it, it must be true. I wonder what tripped them over to the 60/40 instead of 50/50 or some other percentage? Maybe BB called them and filled them in on his decision? Yeah, that must be it.

Good find, but I think you're reading way too much into that.

The vid from practice yesterday had something also - - Gronk catching a pass awkwardly with his right arm pinning the ball and his left arm straight by his side.

I'm sorry, that does not look good, no matter how much you want to sell it.

Patriots Today - Patriots back on the field

1:00-1:05

Last edited:
The vid from practice yesterday had something also - - Gronk catching a pass awkwardly with his right arm pinning the ball and his left arm straight by his side.

images

At 1:00-1:05 He caught that ball with his left arm, while sticking his gloves into his pants with his right arm.

What?

He was fiddling with his jersey with his right hand and made the catch with his LEFT hand (and it looked like he wasn't expecting the pass) then he switches it to his right side.

Sorry, but you're trying to see things that just aren't there.

Which is his natural carrying arm

Thought so, I assumed he was right handed so making a switch to carrying in the dominant hand tends to feel more natural/have better ball security.

I still feel like we will see Gronk play sunday night at least in a limited fashion..

but jeez, I watched 5 minutes of uno sports tonight with Felger and tanguay...you wouldve thought the pats were 0-3 and gronk died..all they talked about was how amendola was a mistake, the rookies dont get it(even htough they were productive last week) and how gronks situation is very concerning

maybe its me, but I think people are making much ado about nothing about Gronks arm...when they mention "strength" it probably has to do with the fact that Gronk hasnt been able to work out for months with that arm and has lost muscle mass there. it was mentioned how he looked skinnier in training camp

going to be so nice to see gronk back on the field :rocker:

I don't think we will see him this week.

I think he travels with the team to atlanta and then is a game time decision. It will be interesting to see if he practices in full today or is still limited

Think we'll maybe see Gronk this weekend against the Falcons. Just hoping we see him healthy for the playoffs. He's such a difference maker for this offense.

I still feel like we will see Gronk play sunday night at least in a limited fashion..

but jeez, I watched 5 minutes of uno sports tonight with Felger and tanguay...you wouldve thought the pats were 0-3 and gronk died..all they talked about was how amendola was a mistake, the rookies dont get it(even htough they were productive last week) and how gronks situation is very concerning
camp

That was your error on judgement...........I used to watch that show every night, now, I would rather watch DVR'd "DOG" reruns.

I also used to listen to 98.5 every afternoon from 2-6, now, its Salk & Holley or better yet, ch 88, NFL talk radio on satelite.

Just heard that Gronk's bag for travel included his shoulder pads this week.

Hopefully he plays.

Just heard that Gronk's bag for travel included his shoulder pads this week.

Hopefully he plays.

In another thread, I said that was great news because the Pats typically don't like to have their injured players (particularly stars) on the sideline when they're injured. Hopefully we see that big goofball spiking a football or two this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST