PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Fred Taylor quietly unhappy in New England?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the subject of this thread? There was nothing in that article to suggest Fred is unhappy. He's been a pro the entire time he's been here, he's handled the situation with class and dignity throughout, and the subject of this thread is extremely misleading and unfair to Fred.

There is a reason why Fred Taylor is still on the team. Mark my words he will come BIG for us in one of the games coming up. Which I don't know, but when I saw him make the few runs recently, he looked good. There was one run I think late against Chicago, just looked easy for him to make the 6-7 yards. Something tells me BB is saving him for the playoffs. Just my guess, but no way is he unhappy on a winning team. I am waiting for him to be unleashed ! Go Fred. Go Pats.

BB is a coach who thinks "if it ain't broke,don't go trying to fix it" ..and that certainly pertains to this situation

As long as BJGE/Woodhead are moving the chains there is absolutely NO need for Fred at this time and into the playoffs..even Morris is a STer now and not much more

Belichick made a wise decision in 2001 with not letting a healthy 100 million dollar QB Bledsoe return to starting and it's the same today.

Man, this is a spot on analysis. I agree 100 percent. How many times have we seen the contrary end up really bad for the coach and that team?

Last edited:
Taylor might not be playing but he's providing some nice quotes :D

Taylor shrugged with an expression that indicated he doubted there have been praises left unsung. There wasn't much more to add.

And then Taylor compared Brady to a super robot from a Japanese science-fiction cartoon.

"I've played with a lot of quarterbacks in my career," Taylor said. "If you put all of them together and form a Voltron, they might be as good as he is."

Tom Brady is the clear-cut MVP - AFC East Blog - ESPN

Shouldn't the title of this thread be:
Is New England quietly unhappy with Fred Taylor?!?!

For all those who think Fred Taylor is a malcontent. Class act in every respect. Looks like he'll close the book on a potential HoF career.

Business decisions - The Boston Globe

Running backs coach Ivan Fears broke the news to him that he wouldn’t be playing. He understood.

“Injuries had mounted, and the cause for me being eliminated was numbers,’’ said Taylor. “It wasn’t one of those things where it was a slap in the face. It was something that happened.’’

“I would never try to stir up anything. I just try to be patient and mentally tough and focused on the task, and my mind-set is to be a champion at the end of the day.’’

“Being here with the team, it’s been great. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Especially if this is my last season, it’s been a great experience.’’

I agree that Fred Taylor is a very classy player.

One has to think that at the least, he is frustrated- and I don't blame him at all. The man is a competitor and wants to keep playing. He's had a long career and has hung around long past the typical age of the average running back (35).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back