PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Fred Taylor quietly unhappy in New England?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
After being a healthy scratch for the first time in his NFL career it seems apparent that Fred is quietly getting a bit impatient on getting back on the field,maybe a little bit pissed but he hasn't shown it yet.

Question is...do we really need this guy now?

The BJGE/Woodhead duo is probably the best 1-2 punch I have seen in NE in a VERY long time,I don't see a need for Fred barring injury to either of the two.

Odd times for Fred Taylor - BostonHerald.com

“I’m not insulted by any means,” the former Pro Bowler added. “Of course I wanted to play, they know that. I know what I’m up against.”

Sounds like theyre trying to stir up **** where there isnt any. Think hes fine.

He may be P.O'ed on the inside because he has pride and has been highly productive in this league for a long time, but from this article I don't get the sense he will pull an AD.

If BB sensed a wiff of that, he'd be gone.

Last edited:
He may be P.O'ed on the inside because he has pride and has been highly productive in this league for a long time, but from this article I don't get the sense he will pull an AD.

If BB sensed on wiff of that, he'd be gone.

If you asked me players who will not be with the Pats in 2011,Fred is one of them guaranteed gone

I think he WAS a great player but he is destined to be on injury lists every year and it's time to retire.

I'm amazed China Doll is still on this roster. Talk about money for nothing.... :rolleyes:

If he's unhappy (which I agree, he doesn't say), he really has no right to be. He can't stay on the field, so the team has to go with someone else while he's out. His replacements have done well and deserve to be on the field. Just a victim of circumstance.

If you asked me players who will not be with the Pats in 2011,Fred is one of them guaranteed gone

I think he WAS a great player but he is destined to be on injury lists every year and it's time to retire.

I don't think there is even a debate.

They way I look at it, FT was a good influence on BJGE and helped him learn some of the nuances of the position that only a grizzled vet can.

Fred is Taylor is not the Future of this Team so he better get over himself. He was good for along time, he's in the twlight of his career now. I am sure being a seasoned vet he understands that. At this stage of his career Fred Taylor can run the football no better than BGE. Lets just say BGE right now is a poor mans Fred Taylor in is prime, which is good enough for us.

Last edited:
I'm sure he'll forgive BB when he gets his super bowl ring. Maybe pats are saving him for the playoffs? Keeping him from getting injured again. I would of though he'd at least get 2 or 3 carries a game.

I'm sure he'll forgive BB when he gets his super bowl ring. Maybe pats are saving him for the playoffs? Keeping him from getting injured again. I would of though he'd at least get 2 or 3 carries a game.

BB is a coach who thinks "if it ain't broke,don't go trying to fix it" ..and that certainly pertains to this situation

As long as BJGE/Woodhead are moving the chains there is absolutely NO need for Fred at this time and into the playoffs..even Morris is a STer now and not much more

Belichick made a wise decision in 2001 with not letting a healthy 100 million dollar QB Bledsoe return to starting and it's the same today.

Right now because of the way Woodhead and Benny are playing we're in an if ain't broke don't try to fix it situation. Those two (and Brady) are in a rhythm, even Sammy just gets the occasional touch as a result. You don't mess with an offenses rhythm to placate an underproducing vet, as Bledsoe discovered. His job now is the same as Drew's was in 2001, be ready just in case.

I don;t see any big deal with that comment. Hopefully we get the guy a well deserved ring, even if he doesn't see another meaningful snap for us.

To be as good as FT has been over his career you have to be a very competitive person. I would be shocked if he DIDN'T feel he could do the job and should be on the field.

im thinking that BB wants to nurse that turf toe(s) injury as much as he can since they are still running the ball well and guaranteed in the playoffs anyway.

I took two things from that article. The Herald is still a rag (they wen't looking for crap and found nothing), and Brace returned to practice which is huge.

Fred Taylor's role on the team is mentor and playoff insurance policy. I'm sure he gets that.

I recall a interview with Fred on Patriots Friday and he said something along the lines of "at this point in my career I can't expect anything more and I am playing a role now". THAT IS NOT word for word, I did not go back and listen, I am just recalling from memory.

I think Bill might be saving him for the playoffs as well as everyone else's opinions about the rhythm of the offense.

However, I do think he is more involved with our running back tandem than we might think about. He has to be teaching these guys tricks of the trade.

If they win in Buffalo and wrap up #1 seed, it will be interesting to see who plays vs. Miami.

Last edited:
I still think FT will show his value in the playoffs.

Bad enough we need to read (or not) stir the pot, bait articles, but why comment on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes