PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Fred Taylor quietly unhappy in New England?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can he be unhappy when the majority of the reason he hasn't played is injuries?

If he was happy not playing, I'd cut him.

Use your logic.

Fred taylor is a veteran, he is on a winning team. He does not need to prove himself and fight for playing time, if anything he is probally happy knowing that he can contriubute to this young team without having to play a lot.

If you asked me players who will not be with the Pats in 2011,Fred is one of them guaranteed gone

I think he WAS a great player but he is destined to be on injury lists every year and it's time to retire.
You think?
2010: $2 million, 2011: Free Agent
:D

Last edited:
I'd be quite surprised if we didn't have at least two new RBs next year.

I'd prefer a bonecrushing FB and a speedy RB for contrast, like Doug Martin from Boise State. That kid has wheels.

Fred's a football player and he really wants to get out there and help his team out. That's how they all are but you can't whine like a little boy because you aren't getting a chance to play. Fred understands the circumstances and knows that when he gets his chance again he needs to make the most of it.

I think he should get some carries this week just to get him out there so he's not rusty if he's needed during the playoffs. He did look great at the beginning of the season.

Last edited:
I don't even understand this thread. I read the article with some trepidation and found his attitude to be wholly positive. Sure, he wants to play but Fred Taylor is displaying what appears to me to be a terrific attitude and a keen sense of perspective. Why does this thread exist?

Taylor is handling this professionally as far as I can see. He wouldn't be the player he is/was if he didn't want to be out there when healthy, so I think expressing some dissatisfaction is appropriate. There's a long way between that and what AT did last season, IMO.

I have a feeling that, if they wrap the Division, Bye and Homefield up against Buffalo on Sunday, we'll see a lot of Fred in the Miami game, both as a chance to rest BJGE and the Mighty-Mite and as a chance to see what the Pro-Bowler still has in the tank.

I'd hate to think of what the running game would look like if BJGE went down and FT wasn't around to pick up the slack.....Morris isn't an everydown back and has been hurt almost as much as Taylor it seems....

I do agree that FT and Faulk probably are gone next season....Faulk may decide to retire....A young RB from the draft should be on BB's radar but not necessarily a day one draft pick.....

I like the idea of a FB but I can't recall the last time BB actually had a true FB on the roster. Hochstein and Connolly were the ones that come to mind recently :D

Fred was on Weei today and responded to the talk of him being unhappy. He said he enjoys being on the team and it would be foolish for him to even think of causing a disruption. Like the previous post says, what if weren't there waiting? I feel pretty good with a healthy Fred and Sammy going in to the playoffs.

I'd prefer a bonecrushing FB and a speedy RB for contrast, like Doug Martin from Boise State. That kid has wheels.

Fullback as in power running back, I could see. The modern fullback who usually blocks, we just don't use.

It will be really nice to have a healthy Fred Taylor available if someone rings BJGEs bell and he's out for a game or two. Sammy Morris too......

I liked Doug Martin before. After the other night against a good Utah defense, I love him. Not only is he fast, but he's physical as well. I'd love to devote a draft pick to him.

I remember listening to Fred Taylor on WEEI a couple of months back just after the Maroney trade and he was saying how BJGE is such a hard worker and always looking for help. Its quite clear that Taylor has been a huge help to him. He is a real stand up guy who wants to help out players who are willing to work hard. He even said in that interview to watch out for Lawfirm improving.

One thing that Fred Taylor still possesses is that ability to get an extra yard in the trenches when others would be down already. In times where we have went for a 4th and 1 this season, I always thought to myself that I'd love to have Taylor in there for them.

I think its clear from that article that he sees himself as a backup now. I don't think he is unhappy here but being a competitor he still wants to be the best that he can be.

Who? Does he play for us?

if Fred Taylor, is not on the pats roster he is out of the nfl IMO he has notting left

He's been nicked up a lot this year, but when he's played, I think he's looked good. He certainly doesn't have "nothing left," imo.

As much as it seems impractical to keep Kevin Faulk on the roster, damn, I'm gonna miss him. He's the one guy who's always been there to pick up the slack, always reliable, always putting his body on the line to help the team.

I'm thinking they give him one more year just for the sake of it, then he retires. If not, he'll retire after this year. The thought of Kevin Faulk on another team just isn't something I can fathom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back