PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brandon Lloyd staying now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Brandon Lloyd is worth $5 mill this season and Wes Welker is only worth $6 mill, then I have to re-think my life.

I hope he stays.

Don't you think some info would have been at least leaked if the pats were interested?

Not necessarily. The Pats have always been a below the radar type of team. SMY reported today the Pats were making a huge push for Desmond Bryant who signed with the Browns. I don't remember anyone reporting the Pats were targeting him until this report which was after he signed with the Browns.

I don't think so. That'd be a nice amount of money to put into the defense, especially in this buyer's market.

If Brandon Lloyd is worth $5 mill this season and Wes Welker is only worth $6 mill, then I have to re-think my life.

Lloyd is only getting $4 million a season. He signed a three year, $12 million deal.

Not necessarily. The Pats have always been a below the radar type of team. SMY reported today the Pats were making a huge push for Desmond Bryant who signed with the Browns. I don't remember anyone reporting the Pats were targeting him until this report which was after he signed with the Browns.

It was reported 2 days ago the pats among 4 other teams were looking into him

I don't think so. That'd be a nice amount of money to put into the defense, especially in this buyer's market.

We have yet to see this however with possible reed being off the market soon

So you're OK with having Brady break in a completely brand new set of WRs in 2013?

IMO he HAS to stay now. A must in my eyes now that welker is gone. maybe another year in our system will improve him

I don't know. Letting Welker go might be a sign that the Pats are cleaning house at the WR position and rebuilding from scratch. Lloyd's 3m bonus looks pretty huge now.

I don't think Lloyd is as good as Amendola obviously, and he's not a deep threat at all. So I don't know if he has a role for this offense. All he does is catch the ball and drop to the ground. We need more of a run after catch/deep threat guy imo.

Lloyd is only getting $4 million a season. He signed a three year, $12 million deal.

Yes, I know. But the debate over whether to retain him on the roster this season revolves around his $5 mill cap hit for the year.

Even so, 2 mill separating Lloyd and Wes? Still makes no sense. And that's while acknowledging Lloyd was a bargain last year. The Patriots simply did not value Wes Welker going forward. And I don't know why.

Yes, I know. But the debate over whether to retain him on the roster this season revolves around his $5 mill cap hit for the year.

Even so, 2 mill separating Lloyd and Wes? Still makes no sense. And that's while acknowledging Lloyd was a bargain last year. The Patriots simply did not value Wes Welker going forward. And I don't know why.

Maybe they saw something we didn't. We will never know. But wes is going to kill it in denver the next 2 years...hopefully not against the pats

It was reported 2 days ago the pats among 4 other teams were looking into him

Ok, maybe I am wrong about him. Didn't see that report.

In the past though, we haven't heard about the Pats' interest in players until they have announced their signings.

I am not betting on the Pats going after Jennings. My guess if they make a big splash, it will be on defense and not for another WR.

Ok, maybe I am wrong about him. Didn't see that report.

In the past though, we haven't heard about the Pats' interest in players until they have announced their signings.

I am not betting on the Pats going after Jennings. My guess if they make a big splash, it will be on defense and not for another WR.

it was from rap or breer..i forget

Lewis, Aso and talib..no news...all coming to NE!!!

His cap hit this year is $4.5 million. Lloyd gets a $3 million bonus on Saturday plus he gets $1.9 million in salary. That is where the $5 million comes from. He gets paid $5 million in real dollars.

A cap hit for Lloyd at $4.5 million is a good deal. Welker getting a cap hit at $6 million is a bargain.

Maybe they saw something we didn't. We will never know. But wes is going to kill it in denver the next 2 years...hopefully not against the pats

I don't know if Wes is going to kill it in Denver this year.

Someone cited Manning's great numbers to slot receivers this season, but none of those guys resemble Wes Welker, so I'm not sure what the point of the comparison is. Not to mention, no one was worrying about Stokley or Tamme.

Brady is much more suited to take advantage of Wes than Manning. Brady throws a much harder, more accurate, tighter ball. Imagine the big hits Wes took this year. Then imagine how big those will be when the ball takes an extra half second to get there and is high and away from Wes' body, leading him into the hit.

Wes will open things up for the outside guys a lot, but I don't see him putting up the production he did here. Denver had a joke of a schedule this year. They weren't ever a real threat, and even with Wes Welker, I'm not sure if they will be in 2013.

Lets say if they cut him....are we screwed...becasue i think we are. What if amendola gets hurt again with no real #1 WR...talk about 3-4 yard passes every play. They drop him they save 3 M...do the make a trade for someone? a #1 WR? Or do they really think gronk and AH will play all 16 games

My guess is that Lloyd is essentially a FA that we have an agreement with and a few days to take it or not.
So, if we get a better player for a reasonable price, we cut Lloyd, if we don't we keep him.
Just as I think it was Welker or Amendola (and its debatable who was plan A and who was plan B) Lloyd's future depends on how successful they are at getting a different/better player at a good price.

His cap hit this year is $4.5 million. Lloyd gets a $3 million bonus on Saturday plus he gets $1.9 million in salary. That is where the $5 million comes from. He gets paid $5 million in real dollars.

A cap hit for Lloyd at $4.5 million is a good deal. Welker getting a cap hit at $6 million is a bargain.

I agree with everything here. I just think the Lloyd thing further puts into perspective what a bargain Welker was, that's all.

it was from rap or breer..i forget

Lewis, Aso and talib..no news...all coming to NE!!!

We didn't find out about Fanene until he was signed last year. Colvin wasn't found out he was signing until someone got word he was flying into Foxboro to sign his deal. And Colvin had already been reported to have signed with I think the Lions a few days before. Same with Rodney (in fact, Rodney was in Oakland about to sign a deal with them when the Pats contacted him).

There are tons of deals the Pats the Pats negotiated under the radar. I am sure they will sign a free agent or two out of the blue this year although they may be minor signings.

resemble Wes Welker, so I'm not sure what the point of the comparison is. Not to mention, no one was worrying about Stokley

welker is 500 times the player stokley is right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand