PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Lloyd: A success but not a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lloyd has to make spectacular catches because he cannot get open...

I think you're over-emphasizing the YAC number. Consider in 2010 when Lloyd averaged 18.8 YPC, he still only averaged 2.9 YAC.

I think you're over-emphasizing the YAC number. Consider in 2010 when Lloyd averaged 18.8 YPC, he still only averaged 2.9 YAC.

I could give a **** about YAC...the guy can makes plays that other WRs on this team can't. He has such great body control it's amazing

I could give a **** about YAC...the guy can makes plays that other WRs on this team can't. He has such great body control it's amazing

I agree completely. The YAC number doesn't tell anywhere near the whole story.

Lloyd has been a success this year. The deep balls will come, but for an upgrade over an old washed up Deion Branch, this is a great pickup for the Patriots.

Lloyd has been a success this year. The deep balls will come, but for an upgrade over an old washed up Deion Branch, this is a great pickup for the Patriots.

and for dirt cheap mind you

The deep balls will come, but for an upgrade over an old washed up Deion Branch, this is a great pickup for the Patriots.
upgrade over an old washed up Chad "Ochostinko" Johnson

Last edited:
upgrade over an old washed up Chad "Ochostinko" Johnson

What I meant is the primary outside receiver. Branch was last year since Mr. "Old 85" couldn't understand the offense XD

That isn't true. Lloyd has drawn plenty of over the top safety help this season.

Also last year, many teams would put their #1 and #2 safeties on Welker, Gronk, and/or Hernandez leaving the nickel to cover Branch. With Lloyd being an upgrade and a more legitimate threat, he is drawing a better CB on a more consistent basis.

Lloyd runs 8-12 yard square outs 80% of the time - how is he drawing "safety over the top"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back