PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brady to Blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This supports my theory into a possible reason how the balls did not comply. Tommy did what every Qb in the league does.

Can this story go away now?

The Pats were going to slaughter the Colts regardless. Maybe it was Garoppolo's idea to doctor the footballs because he knew he'd be doing garbage time in the fourth. Yeah, that's what happened. It's Jimmy's fault.

If that's true, Brady is going to look crazy as hell after he laughed it off on WEEI.

maddens right...they wouldn't touch brady's balls ( :D ) without his permission...

The QB handles every play, they most definitely know when a Ball feels different, Madden may be right., but that doesn`t mean BB wasn`t aware of it all either. Will wait for the final results before forming a final opinion.

If Brady is to blame, he'll definitely get suspended for the Super Bowl. I hope Garoppolo is watching film and paying attention. I trust Josh and Bill to put in a good enough offense to challenge the Seattle defense.
Are you serious???

The NFL will not suspend Brady for the Super Bowl. They'll fine him- thats it. Maybe the team as well.

Hey, if the league wants to fine Brady 25k and add ANOTHER chip to his shoulder, go for it.

He will pay it off in spare change then take his brand new 4th ring to some safety deposit box for safe keeping.

I do believe that if anyone is suspended over this the Patriots should forfeit the game.
If this team got to the Superbowl as currently constituted, then it should not go into the superbowl without either their quarterback or head coach.

-Jamman
I don't think you are thinking through the tsunami-sized backlash that would occur of that actually happened.

madden is an idiot. if brady did it then BB knew it too. BB is a genius master mind who knows every little details. BB knows everything that goes on in this organization.

If that's true, Brady is going to look crazy as hell after he laughed it off on WEEI.
If we want to go into the mode of dissecting every word, he never denied it
During his weekly appearance on WEEI's Dennis and Callahan Show, Tom Brady was asked by Kirk Minihane if he was aware of the controversy. The Pats' quarterback said he wasn't. When it was explained to him, Brady's reaction was . . .

A deep, hearty laugh.

"I think I've heard it all [now]," Brady said. "Oh, God. It's ridiculous . . .

"That's the last of my worries. I don't even respond to stuff like this."

Does this mean Brady will be suspended?

If Brady is suspended like some say. The Pats need to forfeit the damn superbowl.

Show up to media day and all that crap and as they announce the team dont even come out and take a solid stand. The NFL would lose MILLIONS as well as pissed off advertisers.

As ridiculous as that sounds it's even more ridiculous if BB or Brady get any form of suspension. In fact if they do I'll never watch the NFL again.

The Patriots defense could beat that offense if the Seahawks play the way they did on Sunday.

sick of these threads...11 days before SB and i still have to see crap like this...goign to have to take a break from forum for a while if this **** keeps up

He laughed because he knows that it would not or could not result in a true competitive advantage.

The league is full of crap about this stupid "issue."

Brady should trot out Manning, Brees, and Rodgers to his next presser where they all admit the ball shenanigans they do. That would put Goodell in a bind.

Colts fans are outraged and "are done with the NFL" unless Belichick is fired or suspended a year.

I'm trying to understand their tipping point.

-The league is found guilty of hiding the dangers of concussions and being culpable in the death and debilitation of dozens, maybe hundreds, of ex-players. That is OK, keep watching.
-Dozens of players face suspensions for PED use. That is OK, keep watching.
-Several players abuse their spouses and the NFL, initially at least, has no problem at all with it. That is OK, keep watching.
-One member of their own team is charged with rape days before their biggest game of the year. That is OK, keep watching.

-It is determined that a team used footballs that were under-inflated by 16%. THAT DOES IT! NO MORE NFL!

It just seems a little odd to draw the line right now, for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST