PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

INJURY UPDATE: Blount is done for the year. Will go to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get that Hardy viciously attacked his GF and then paid her to go away. Rice slapped his fiancé and then married her. One is playing like nothing happened, the other is banned for life? I guess it's the power of video.

Blackballing is a *****

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 1m1 minute ago

Source says #Patriots meeting today with RB Steven Jackson based on mutual interest. Pats need a RB and Jackson played for OC Josh McDaniels

I would have loved to see what Steven Jackson could do on the Pats - before he went to Atlanta.

If he wants to sign for the veteran minimum and can potentially do something, great. Give the reports, and the apparent lack of calls this season from other teams, I would not be too optimistic that Jackson found the fountain of youth in the past few months.

I don't get that Hardy viciously attacked his GF and then paid her to go away. Rice slapped his fiancé and then married her. One is playing like nothing happened, the other is banned for life? I guess it's the power of video.

Hardy is playing for Jerry Jones and the Cowboys.. Jerry Jones has very little in the way of morals. The Patriots relinquished the rights to Christian Peters when rape allegations surfaced. They cut Kenyatta Jones when Jones threw boiling water on his roommate. They cut Willie Andrews when he was arrested for waving a gun around his GF. They cut a practice squad punter who got into a fist fight with his father. The Patriots don't tolerate that sort of thing.

Rice did not slap his fiance'. He knocked her out cold with a closed fist to the face and it was caught on camera. And then he lied about it initially..

Still waiting......
It won't be official until the Transaction wire is released this afternoon. It's somewhere between 4 and 5 pm, I forget exactly. And the Patriots don't have to do it immediately. They could announce it tomorrow.

I would have loved to see what Steven Jackson could do on the Pats - before he went to Atlanta. .

Thats who I wanted...........but a few days before they traded for Corey Dillon and then drafted Vince Wilfork.

Oh well.

They should already have booked flights for

Steven Jackson
Ray Rice
Knowshon Moreno

Instead, they'll probably just heap even more **** on Brady's shoulders.

Happily, they apparently had already booked that flight for Jackson.

big%20smile%20kitten.jpg

I doubt anyone in a position to hire Ray has any concern about her. Just being realistic. She made her choice. Sounds really hateful and I dont mean it that way but it is reality.
No, I'm not suggesting they do--I think all teams care about is 1) play on the field, and 2) PR blowback if they hire a "bad guy." My point is that teams could somewhat mitigate item #2 by pointing out that his family shouldn't continue to suffer because of his mistake and blah blah blah.

Last edited:
Thanks, oh, well, hopefully Steven Jackson can do the job....

No. Ray Rice shouldn't have been brought in. Ray Rice is the epitome of scum and is the type of player that would be an insult to Myra Kraft's legacy..

How about all the Adrian Peterson outrage as a barometer? What he did to a defenseless 4 year old is way worse than what Rice did, yet we turn a blind eye. To me what AP did is the most dispicable thing I can put in a category.

Not excusing what Rice did by any stretch, but she still married him after the fact. She's a grown adult women and has made her choice. A defenseless 40-50 lb 4 year old child has no way to defend himself nor escape. What Peterson did makes me sick to my stomach.

Hitting a women is an act of horrible cowardice. Hitting a defenseless child (to me) is an act that should be unforgiveable, yet his on-field accomplishments are heralded as if nothing happened and it makes (to me) the outrage aimed at Rice almost phony and contrived.

This is not forgiveable:
ray rice.jpg

This is:
peterson kid.jpg

OK, I may be sounding daft, but if why the delay in putting Blount on IR? I can't see them having an issue turning the computer on...maybe they are just waiting to see if it is THAT bad. It would be easy to do it at the same time ast Easley if it was cut and dried surely?

Or maybe I'm just being over-hopeful

OK, I may be sounding daft, but if why the delay in putting Blount on IR? I can't see them having an issue turning the computer on...maybe they are just waiting to see if it is THAT bad. It would be easy to do it at the same time ast Easley if it was cut and dried surely?

It certainly doesn't sound good, but he was on crutches early in the day. Presumably he had an MRI early as well, although we really don't know. Either the MRI news was late and he goes on IR today, or they are holding out the possibility of his return. Chandler Jones missed 6 games last year with what was reportedly a similar injury (before undergoing offseason surgery). A similar recovery could be comaptible with a playoff return. LaCanfora reported last night that they were still unsure about whether to IR him.

It certainly doesn't sound good, but he was on crutches early in the day. Presumably he had an MRI early as well, although we really don't know. Either the MRI news was late and he goes on IR today, or they are holding out the possibility of his return. Chandler Jones missed 6 games last year with what was reportedly a similar injury (before undergoing offseason surgery). LaCanfora reported last night that they were still unsure about whther to IR him.

I think its what you said yesterday. He doesn't have a torn labrum but a flexor injury that requries weeks of rest and rehab. The key question is how long will it take...4 weeks? 6 weeks?

My current belief is that if it took 2 weeks then it wouldnt be Community Auditions at RB but because it's looking like 4-6 weeks and a big unknown if he'll be 100% after that.

I also think that if Jackson checks out ok, Blount will go to IR whereas if he doesn't and Ball is all they have, they'll suck it up without him for a bit and go with Ball/Bolden for the duration.

How about all the Adrian Peterson outrage as a barometer? What he did to a defenseless 4 year old is way worse than what Rice did, yet we turn a blind eye. To me what AP did is the most dispicable thing I can put in a category.

Not excusing what Rice did by any stretch, but she still married him after the fact. She's a grown adult women and has made her choice. A defenseless 40-50 lb 4 year old child has no way to defend himself nor escape. What Peterson did makes me sick to my stomach.

Hitting a women is an act of horrible cowardice. Hitting a defenseless child (to me) is an act that should be unforgiveable, yet his on-field accomplishments are heralded as if nothing happened and it makes (to me) the outrage aimed at Rice almost phony and contrived.

This is not forgiveable:
View attachment 11597

This is:
View attachment 11598

The NFL is trying to appeal to women as a potential fan base. Once you accept that blackballing Rice is as much about politics and image as about any consistency in what the league does/doesn't accept, it makes a lot more sense. I don't think anyone would argue that what Peterson did was 'better' than what Rice did, but you don't risk alienating an entire demographic of potential customers by letting Peterson suit up for your team. The average 4-8 year old probably doesn't even know what AP did.

BB must have sent a letter, what is this computer thing you're talking about?

It certainly doesn't sound good, but he was on crutches early in the day. Presumably he had an MRI early as well, although we really don't know. Either the MRI news was late and he goes on IR today, or they are holding out the possibility of his return. Chandler Jones missed 6 games last year with what was reportedly a similar injury (before undergoing offseason surgery). A similar recovery could be comaptible with a playoff return. LaCanfora reported last night that they were still unsure about whether to IR him.

That was exactly my logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back