PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

INJURY UPDATE: Blount is done for the year. Will go to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is this going to stop ?The fact that this team is 11-2 with all these injuries is mind boggling, however I hope it isn't too much for us to overcome during the playoffs !
What will be will be.

Today, there's a lot of legitimate cause for concern (not panic, but concern).

So, for now, we have no choice but to follow Belichick's mantra and focus our attention "on to Tennessee." Then New Jersey. Then Miami. Then hopefully a Bye and whatever the Playoffs bring.

We're one RB injury away from being totally depleted.

Now listen, I think the guy is a giant scumbag for what he did, but he's since apologized and has most certainly repented for his absolutely heinous and reprehensible action.

So with that being said, is Ray Rice worth to bring in for at least a tryout?

No? Okay, I'll see myself out.

I admire your ability to think that far ahead in that much detail, but I have a hard time finding next season's potential game locations relevant when I'm wondering how the next three games are going to turn out.

None of us can have any idea what "next year" will bring, along a spectrum ranging from the potential for Brady's continued performance at such a high a level to other random injuries.

What we have now is this team, these opponents and this available roster for the Playoffs. That's all I can handle. I'll worry about where we play the AFC South winner and Denver when the time comes.

I hear you. That's what is so frustrating about all the injuries this year. The team was playing so well and with reasonable injuries would be considered the overwhelming favorite to win the AFC again and have a good shot to win it all. Now both of those odds are reduced. Sure, we could bring the whole gang back next year, but one of these years Brady is going to come out looking like this year's Peyton Manning. It's too bad that these severe injuries might derail another chance to win while Brady is still Brady.

Now listen, I think the guy is a giant scumbag for what he did, but he's since apologized and has most certainly repented for his absolutely heinous and reprehensible action.

No. Has nothing to do with that incident. He's toast.

No I dont want Ray Rice...personal reason...I got a bet he wont play again lol

I hear you. That's what is so frustrating about all the injuries this year. The team was playing so well and with reasonable injuries would be considered the overwhelming favorite to win the AFC again and have a good shot to win it all. Now both of those odds are reduced. Sure, we could bring the whole gang back next year, but one of these years Brady is going to come out looking like this year's Peyton Manning. It's too bad that these severe injuries might derail another chance to win while Brady is still Brady.
That might all be true...or not. But there's nothing we can do about it. It's time to go with the flow and see where this all ends up.

As we learned from watching the Cowboys and Packers last year and from our own experience with the Giants in games of painful memory, Playoff Games and Super Bowls are won and lost by players who make or don't make plays, by calls that go or don't go your way...in fact, we learned that lesson, pleasantly at last, ourselves last year.

Time to go with the flow. In the spirit of the movie opening this weekend...we must surrender to the Force, as we have no control over it other than to "do your job."

No I dont want Ray Rice...personal reason...I got a bet he wont play again lol
I'd take (a truly contrite) Ray Rice in a heartbeat...and give him a chance at Redemption.

Why? Because everybody outside of Patriots Nation hates us already, so why should we give a **** what they think?

Many think ray rice's done. I am not one of those. He played in a horrible offensive line a couple of years ago. I think he has alot left in the tank.

ray rice wasn't even average his last year why even other bringing that in?

they extended bolden for a reason it wasnt to be a primary back, bu i digress, let the kid carry the rock, he did okay in the second half sunday,

He should have been brought in for a look a long time ago.

Someone mentioned Christine Michael earlier.

I don't know what his real problem is, but he has talent. Probably more talent than anyone available.

Someone said he is a cancer in the locker room.

He played in Dallas...... With Greg Hardy around I am sure that was not the best off locker rooms.

I can still remember where I was on the road when we traded for Corey Dillon. Felger who was a guest on WEEI at the time *****ed about Dillon for the remainder of the show.

I would love for us to give Michael a chance.

We have a strong locker room. Maybe that is what he needs.

I doubt Ray rice ever plays again in the NFL...I think there is no team that wants the media heat that comes with it plus I think he has essentially been black balled.

I doubt Ray rice ever plays again in the NFL...I think there is no team that wants the media heat that comes with it plus I think he has essentially been black balled.

That can't be. He didn't deflate anything.

I love Bolden will be great to see him pick up more reps.

Wouldnt mind Michael.
My guess he goes back to seattle

Let's stop twiddling our thumbs and sign a couple of warm bodies (running backs) to the 53 man roster
in case Bolden and/or White get injured.

Go get Christine and activate Trey and unite them. It is strange that we may have lost to actually gain gamers. Christine and Trey will make the Pats go boom.

If Ray Rice wasn't a woman-beater I would take him in heartbeat. He had a poor season in 2013 but I'm pretty sure he was hurt. He's a pro bowler and was over 1000 yards in the four years prior. But I digress, the $h!t storm would be epic.

I guess people are way more down on Bolden than I am. I actually think he's a serviceable runner and receiver out of the backfield. I think he can make some things happen back there. My bet is that Bolden is the starter from here on out and Ball is there to spell him.

No matter what your opinion is on Bolden, he's the one we're pinning our hopes to now.

I don't think he's too hot as an actual RB myself, but he does have some qualities that may prove beneficial when given the opportunity. Unfortunately, his talent level has pretty much kept him from getting that opportunity up to this point. Let's hope he makes the best of it and provides a spark to the running game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back