PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

INJURY UPDATE: Blount is done for the year. Will go to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get that Hardy viciously attacked his GF and then paid her to go away. Rice slapped his fiancé and then married her. One is playing like nothing happened, the other is banned for life? I guess it's the power of video.

Ray Rice didn't slap his fiance, he cold ****ed her with a vicious right hook that would have knocked out 95% of the male population

That being said, the only reason Hardy is still playing and Ray Rice isn't is because Hardy wasn't caught on video.. and he's an elite player at a premium position.. if he was Joe average, he'd be done too

How about all the Adrian Peterson outrage as a barometer? What he did to a defenseless 4 year old is way worse than what Rice did, yet we turn a blind eye. To me what AP did is the most dispicable thing I can put in a category.

Not excusing what Rice did by any stretch, but she still married him after the fact. She's a grown adult women and has made her choice. A defenseless 40-50 lb 4 year old child has no way to defend himself nor escape. What Peterson did makes me sick to my stomach.

Hitting a women is an act of horrible cowardice. Hitting a defenseless child (to me) is an act that should be unforgiveable, yet his on-field accomplishments are heralded as if nothing happened and it makes (to me) the outrage aimed at Rice almost phony and contrived.

This is not forgiveable:
View attachment 11597

This is:
View attachment 11598

I think what Peterson did was pretty awful, but there are some weird gray areas down south when it comes to disciplining their kids. Peterson grew up being beaten on as a form of discipline/punishment, and now he's an NFL Superstar and unfortunately that is how these abuse cycles perpetuate.. Peterson probably thinks that the abuse he endured as a child molded him into the successful person he is today

The main thing I didnt like with the AP situation was Peterson's attitude towards the whole thing. . He never seemed sorry or remorseful at all, and acted like the whole thing was just a big inconvenience to him. . That to me was more disgusting than the act after he went to mandated counciling to learn and understand why what he did was wrong.

I use to be a fan of his and now i dont like him at all.. although I did keep him as a keeper on my fantasy team... so shame on me!

The NFL is trying to appeal to women as a potential fan base. Once you accept that blackballing Rice is as much about politics and image as about any consistency in what the league does/doesn't accept, it makes a lot more sense. I don't think anyone would argue that what Peterson did was 'better' than what Rice did, but you don't risk alienating an entire demographic of potential customers by letting Peterson suit up for your team. The average 4-8 year old probably doesn't even know what AP did.
And this is the sad reality. The ones with no voice also have the least amount of protection. I'm sure if a 4 year old could articulate himself he would find the thought of "weird, southern styles of discipline" an abhorrent and repugnant proposition as an excuse for abuse.

It's like considering animal abuse and child abuse on the same level.

So no reports of Blount to IR yet....
precarious.jpg

Happily, they apparently had already booked that flight for Jackson.

big%20smile%20kitten.jpg

Hey Mister!

Cute will get you NOWHERE here, if you think you can just...just...just...

Oh hell, yes it will.

Like!

BLOUNT SUCKS! HE'S TOTAL GARBAGE!

OMG OUR RUNNING GAME IS DOOMED WITHOUT BLOUNT!

Make up your minds, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore