PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

INJURY UPDATE: Blount is done for the year. Will go to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just crazy the injuries.

I would rather see Blount out there than any other RB on this team so, from that perspective, I see this situation as weakening this team. How much it is weakened is the key.

Of course, PFITS doesn't like it when facts are used to disagree with his opinion.

Maybe Blount's game longs will convince him that Bolden isn't the answer..
Brandon Bolden: Game Logs at NFL.com

I've never seen anything like it in all my years of watching sports.

Did you watch sports in 2013? *that* was ridiculous. Preseason starts with Hernandez outed as a murderer, and then:
- Amendola tears groin, misses a few weeks and plays rest of season visibly less than 100 percent.
- Vereen on short term IR after week one.
- Gronk misses first 6 games and then goes on IR in December
- Vollmer to IR
- Dobson starts playing ok, goes on IR
- Wilfork to IR, back when he was Vince in his prime
- Mayo to IR
- Talib misses games in middle of season, gets knocked out of AFCCG

I'm sure there were others that I'm forgetting about right now, but this was the heart of the team except for Brady. Fortunately Edelman was able to take advantage of the opportunity and stayed healthy all year.

Wow, this team really needs a bye-week. If the Pats lock up homefield and a bye, take all the starters off the field.

I've never seen anything like it in all my years of watching sports.

I think that 2003 was actually worse than this year, though its getting close now..

Damn it. Bolden will be serviceable but not as good... Not sure how I feel about Ball & Williams.

Next man up. You never know what you can get out of your RB's

Wow, this is absolutely insane. I know everyone likes to find someone to blame when often it's just crap luck but even I'm starting to wonder now. Have they changed strength and conditioning coaches or something? What the hell is going on?

This is without a doubt Belichick's finest year of coaching if they can win it all.

Man I wish we had signed Robert Turbin instead of Trey Williams a few weeks ago, the perfect kind of RB to replace Blount. Now we got 2 roster spots open, who takes those spots ? Ball and Williams ? Ball & Iosefa ?

Note to Bolden and White. This is your chance to shine. 2nd note if your a free agent running back and BB gives you a try out, you could resurrect your career.

Sucks to lose him but, not a huge loss. Running backs are kinda a dime a dozen. So while we'd certainly like to have him it's one of the most replaceable positions we have.

Sucks to lose him but, not a huge loss. Running backs are kinda a dime a dozen. So while we'd certainly like to have him it's one of the most replaceable positions we have.

He was averaging more than a yard per run better than Both Bolden and White, despite playing behind a lousy OL that hampers a big back more than scat backs, and he is clearly the only hammer this team had in the running game.

Blount is easily replaceable. But not with 3 games left of the regular season and playoffs. He'll be missed.

Bolden is bad as a RB. James is mediocre as a runner.

Thank god we have Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes