PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Injury Report Shenanigans raise eyebrows due to Patriot Compliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only legitimate explanation of the injury report definitions:

YouTube - frank caliendo

YouTube - frank caliendo

If I am not mistaken - somebody correct me if I am wrong - the injury report was updated a few years ago to strictly correlate with the percentage chances of someone playing in the game, and nothing else, since the terms were ambiguous. Specifically, probable equated to 75% or more chance of playing, questionable meant 50%, doubtful meant 25% and out meant zero %. At that point it no longer had anything to do with a player being bruised, slowed down, hurt, or 'injured.'

In other words, if a team was sure somebody would play (e.g., Maroney), then there was no reason to list him on an injury report that was instituted a half century ago due to gambling.

If anybody has a problem with the Pats' injury report, it should be for Brady's weekly listing as probable; there was nothing improper with Maroney's non-listing as per the NFL rules.

My father made me play with elephantitis once... Once.
004329_121x87.jpg

Excellent obscure movie reference, Patjew. :)

Piscopo before his "action movie" gambit.

It's the slow part of the off season...nothing to do...so why not find a way to attack the Pats...

Uh, Lawrence.....Sut the %$^# up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My father made me play with elephantitis once... Once.

Patrick Chung plays with it all the time and has received multiple stars of the game.. oops wrong thread.

The injury report is one of those feel good NFL things, everyone team plays with it, everyone manipulates it.. the NFL panders to vegas.. it should just go away..

I think Maroney needs to shut his go@#$%^m F&^%$ing mouth. We dont need this S$#% because hes feeling underappreciated.

Wow. Nice over-reaction there. Do you always over-react this much and show how little you know? Maroney did nothing wrong. The Patriots did nothing wrong. Maybe you should shut your "go@#$%^m F&^%$ing mouth" until you understand the Injury Reporting system better.

Uh, Lawrence.....Sut the %$^# up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its Laurence. Also, why should he "Sut the %$^# up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"? He did nothing wrong. And the Patriots didn't do anything wrong.

Players get listed on the injury report based on their Practice participation in the week leading up to the game. If Maroney was fully participating, then the Patriots were under no obligation to list him.

It's another ssllooooowww day in Florio's bizarro world.

I think Maroney needs to shut his go@#$%^m F&^%$ing mouth. We dont need this S$#% because hes feeling underappreciated.

Some of the stuff he posts on Twitter has me thinking him not much bright.

Wow. Nice over-reaction there. Do you always over-react this much and show how little you know? Maroney did nothing wrong. The Patriots did nothing wrong. Maybe you should shut your "go@#$%^m F&^%$ing mouth" until you understand the Injury Reporting system better.
What he did was give the haters something to whine about. ARE YOU TOO SIMPLE TO REALIZE WHY THAT PISSES SOME OF US OFF. He just needs to shut the hell up and show it on the field. If his haters are wrong he can show us by performing on the field. Which he has yet to do. I never said the Pats did a damn thing wrong, but I'm sure BB is as pissed as I am about Kool-aid running his damn whiny little girly mouth.
koolaidman.gif

Last edited:
Its Laurence. Also, why should he "Sut the %$^# up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"? He did nothing wrong. And the Patriots didn't do anything wrong.

Players get listed on the injury report based on their Practice participation in the week leading up to the game. If Maroney was fully participating, then the Patriots were under no obligation to list him.

Thanks for the spelling lesson - Spell check corrected it for me.

To the best of my recollection, the Patriot organization has been kinda :rolleyes: quiet on IR issues. Seems like maybe...just maybe, if LAURENCE (Thanks again) had NOT opened his mouth about this, than maybe, just maybe this would NOT be a story.

What do you think Bill's thoughts would be on this?

So, I say again - LAURENCE (Again, Thanks), Shut the %$^# up!

I am in agreement that the Patriots did nothing wrong - However, I disagree that LM did nothing wrong when he clearly discussed an injury and we all know how that goes around here - Hell, has Bill EVER talked about what Tommy's injury was??? Has he ever even acknowledged the injury other than saying he would be on IR?

I have had enough of Florio.
Bookmark deleted!

What does Mike Shenanigans have to do with any of this? :D

What he did was give the haters something to whine about. ARE YOU TOO SIMPLE TO REALIZE WHY THAT PISSES SOME OF US OFF. He just needs to shut the hell up and show it on the field. If his haters are wrong he can show us by performing on the field. Which he has yet to do. I never said the Pats did a damn thing wrong, but I'm sure BB is as pissed as I am about Kool-aid running his damn whiny little girly mouth.

You need to follow your own advice. Seriously. The only one with the whiny little girly mouth is yourself. All you do in your posts is b!tch and moan. I've not seen one productive post from you.

Now, are for your other garbage, NOTHING Maroney can be used by the haters. NOTHING. Seriously, you have to be an absolute dumbarse to think that there is anything there to whine about. Hell, its been pointed out by several posters that Maroney WAS listed on the Injury report TWICE with a shoulder issue prior to going on the IR. So even that is a moot point.

Why would BB be pissed? What did Maroney do wrong other than let idiots like yourself who have been harping on him know that he had a busted shoulder. One that he tried to play through? And its not like its an issue right now. It was an issue 6 months ago.

Thanks for the spelling lesson - Spell check corrected it for me.

To the best of my recollection, the Patriot organization has been kinda :rolleyes: quiet on IR issues. Seems like maybe...just maybe, if LAURENCE (Thanks again) had NOT opened his mouth about this, than maybe, just maybe this would NOT be a story.

What story is there? That the Patriots followed the rules? WOW. Imagine that. The Patriots actually followed the rules.

What do you think Bill's thoughts would be on this?

I don't think BB cares one way or the other. The broken bone is something that happened 6 months ago. And they followed the rules in how they handled it. Case closed.

So, I say again - LAURENCE (Again, Thanks), Shut the %$^# up!

Why should Laurence "Shut the %$^# up!"? Because the people who whine, b!tch, and moan about him and his running now have one less thing to worry about? Because people like yourself get into a goddamned tizzy over NOTHING? Sorry, but follow your own advice.

I am in agreement that the Patriots did nothing wrong - However, I disagree that LM did nothing wrong when he clearly discussed an injury and we all know how that goes around here - Hell, has Bill EVER talked about what Tommy's injury was??? Has he ever even acknowledged the injury other than saying he would be on IR?

You can disagree all you want. It doesn't make you right in your stance. From my point of view, a player's health is between the player and the player's doctor(s). And I believe that is how BB treats it. Football is the only venue I've seen where the league requires teams to disclose Personal Health information. How they get around HIPAA, I don't know? If I was the NFLPA, the Injury Report would be on thing on the chopping block.

BTW, Brady has discussed his injury on several occasions. Do you really think that BB is upset with him? I don't. Why? Because it doesn't affect the season.

Last edited:
You need to follow your own advice. Seriously. The only one with the whiny little girly mouth is yourself. All you do in your posts is b!tch and moan. I've not seen one productive post from you.

Now, are for your other garbage, NOTHING Maroney can be used by the haters. NOTHING. Seriously, you have to be an absolute dumbarse to think that there is anything there to whine about. Hell, its been pointed out by several posters that Maroney WAS listed on the Injury report TWICE with a shoulder issue prior to going on the IR. So even that is a moot point.

Why would BB be pissed? What did Maroney do wrong other than let idiots like yourself who have been harping on him know that he had a busted shoulder. One that he tried to play through? And its not like its an issue right now. It was an issue 6 months ago.
Nothing? So this hasnt become a story? Florio hasnt jumped on it? BB would in fact approve of Maroneys lippyness? So because it was 6 months ago the league and the Patriot hating media will drop it? oh well then excuse the hell out of me. You are in fact not very bright are you?

Nothing? So this hasnt become a story? Florio hasnt jumped on it? BB would in fact approve of Maroneys lippyness? So because it was 6 months ago the league and the Patriot hating media will drop it? oh well then excuse the hell out of me. You are in fact not very bright are you?

No. This isn't a story. Just because Florio "jumped on it" doesn't mean its a story.

Maroney said no more to the media than Tom Brady did when Brady was asked about his knee.

There is no excuse for you. As for being bright, I have plenty though I don't need it when dealing with the likes of you.

What story is there? That the Patriots followed the rules? WOW. Imagine that. The Patriots actually followed the rules.

I don't think BB cares one way or the other. The broken bone is something that happened 6 months ago. And they followed the rules in how they handled it. Case closed.

Why should Laurence "Shut the %$^# up!"? Because the people who whine, b!tch, and moan about him and his running now have one less thing to worry about? Because people like yourself get into a goddamned tizzy over NOTHING? Sorry, but follow your own advice.

You can disagree all you want. It doesn't make you right in your stance. From my point of view, a player's health is between the player and the player's doctor(s). And I believe that is how BB treats it. Football is the only venue I've seen where the league requires teams to disclose Personal Health information. How they get around HIPAA, I don't know? If I was the NFLPA, the Injury Report would be on thing on the chopping block.

BTW, Brady has discussed his injury on several occasions. Do you really think that BB is upset with him? I don't. Why? Because it doesn't affect the season.

Again, I agree with something you said, and this is it - "You can disagree all you want. It doesn't make you right in your stance." - Now apply that to what you said.

As you said earlier and now I will say to you, Take your own advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News