PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Injury Report Shenanigans raise eyebrows due to Patriot Compliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's their problem? Seems to me that PFW has some dead time and needs to fill up their slow news days with more tabloidisms.

Besides, it couldn't have been much of a shoulder problem. Everyone knows that Maroney is made of glass, and had he actually have broken his shoulder, it would've shattered into a million pieces... :rolleyes:

So what's their problem? Seems to me that PFW has some dead time and needs to fill up their slow news days with more tabloidisms.

Besides, it couldn't have been much of a shoulder problem. Everyone knows that Maroney is made of glass, and had he actually have broken his shoulder, it would've shattered into a million pieces... :rolleyes:

Maybe they got a deal and put a Bionic shoulder on Maroney just like how they put a Bionic leg on brady!:D

That's just cold. LOL :D

uhh... so what? As the article itself mentions, Maroney fully participated in practice. There was no obligation to list him. Whether or not that's consistent with their other decisions is irrelevant.

Besides, I have a hard time getting worked up when the whole reason why the injury report even exists is for Vegas.

Last edited:
What a well written article by Florio. So let me get this straight. The Pats may in trouble for not including Maroney on the injury report which may be cheating even though there is presidence that the league doesn't consider this cheating and they did nothing wrong? And the fact that the Pats signed a statement that they didn't cheat and now that they have been caught in a blantant case of not cheating, they might be in trouble for cheating? So is anyone else worried that Belichick is due for a long suspension now that he has been caught not cheating?

I think Maroney needs to shut his go@#$%^m F&^%$ing mouth. We dont need this S$#% because hes feeling underappreciated.

What a well written article by Florio. So let me get this straight. The Pats may in trouble for not including Maroney on the injury report which may be cheating even though there is presidence that the league doesn't consider this cheating and they did nothing wrong? And the fact that the Pats signed a statement that they didn't cheat and now that they have been caught in a blantant case of not cheating, they might be in trouble for cheating? So is anyone else worried that Belichick is due for a long suspension now that he has been caught not cheating?

I'd like to know how BB "cheated" when leading up to Maroney being IRed he was on the injury report with a shoulder injury.
KFFL - Laurence Maroney, RB, New England Patriots

Last edited:
I'd like to know how BB "cheated" when leading up to Maroney being IRed he was on the injury report with a shoulder injury.
KFFL - Laurence Maroney, RB, New England Patriots

These injury reports you show are for the game vs. SD. The so called controversy is stemming because he was not listed on the injury report the week before vs. SF, even though he had an apparent broken shoulder.

I don't agree with any of the controversy, but I believe that's what they're complaining about. According to Florio, "they" seem to be another NFL team.

The whole entire thing is petty because other players have been injured and not listed either, namely Favre and Roethlisburger, but then again...they don't play for the Patriots. My guess is that if anything happens, they'll make the rule 'clearer' at the upcoming meetings.

Last edited:
These injury reports you show are for the game vs. SD. The so called controversy is stemming because he was not listed on the injury report the week before vs. SF, even though he had an apparent broken shoulder.

I don't agree with any of the controversy, but I believe that's what they're complaining about. According to Florio, "they" seem to be another NFL team.

But if he played in that game, and he was always going to play in that game, what does it matter if he had a broken shoulder, cracked pelvis or elephantitis of the testicles?

If I am not mistaken - somebody correct me if I am wrong - the injury report was updated a few years ago to strictly correlate with the percentage chances of someone playing in the game, and nothing else, since the terms were ambiguous. Specifically, probable equated to 75% or more chance of playing, questionable meant 50%, doubtful meant 25% and out meant zero %. At that point it no longer had anything to do with a player being bruised, slowed down, hurt, or 'injured.'

In other words, if a team was sure somebody would play (e.g., Maroney), then there was no reason to list him on an injury report that was instituted a half century ago due to gambling.

If anybody has a problem with the Pats' injury report, it should be for Brady's weekly listing as probable; there was nothing improper with Maroney's non-listing as per the NFL rules.

But if he played in that game, and he was always going to play in that game, what does it matter if he had a broken shoulder, cracked pelvis or elephantitis of the testicles?

I agree totally PJ. If anything I think maybe they'll 'clearify' the rule at the upcoming meetings, especially because other teams and players obviously don't fully 'get it' a la Roethlisburger in the SB week, and Favre down the stretch last yr.

It amazes me how various people keep trying to drum something up--to no avail.

God bless anyone who could ever play with elephantitis:eek:

If I am not mistaken - somebody correct me if I am wrong - the injury report was updated a few years ago to strictly correlate with the percentage chances of someone playing in the game, and nothing else, since the terms were ambiguous. Specifically, probable equated to 75% or more chance of playing, questionable meant 50%, doubtful meant 25% and out meant zero %. At that point it no longer had anything to do with a player being bruised, slowed down, hurt, or 'injured.'

In other words, if a team was sure somebody would play (e.g., Maroney), then there was no reason to list him on an injury report that was instituted a half century ago due to gambling.

If anybody has a problem with the Pats' injury report, it should be for Brady's weekly listing as probable; there was nothing improper with Maroney's non-listing as per the NFL rules.

Yeah, IMO, there shouldn't be any kind of problem at all. The facts are that he was injured in wk.2, then listed on the report for wk.3, (for which he didn't play--most likely because of the upcoming bye wk)

If they felt he may have been able to come back from the bye and play vs. SF, then so be it--they must have felt there wasn't a need to list him on the injury report because he'd try and play. Or more importantly, they knew he'd give it another chance to go.

I agree totally PJ. If anything I think maybe they'll 'clearify' the rule at the upcoming meetings, especially because other teams and players obviously don't fully 'get it' a la Roethlisburger in the SB week, and Favre down the stretch last yr.

It amazes me how various people keep trying to drum something up--to no avail.

God bless anyone who could ever play with elephantitis:eek:

My father made me play with elephantitis once... Once.
004329_121x87.jpg

I heard a rumor that T.O. has this. BUT, will the Bills be required to list it as "T.O. /full participation/ balls" ?? :D

As if T.O. could fully participate in practice anyways;)

i like how rothtithsburger ( i cant spell that ) had broken ribs or w/e for the whole playoffs but we get it for maroney having a broken shoulder. even tho maroney eventually got ired.

btw elephantiasis MY GOD, that would be awful to see :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey