PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Injury Report: Brady is QUESTIONABLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
panic.gif

This picture is fricken halarious Dues! :rofl::rofl:

A sprained foot can be extremely tricky and take a while to heal. I sprained my ankle a month and a half ago and, even though I could continue running and jogging on it a week after it happened, it's still swollen and still hurts a good bit from time to time. A sprained foot isn't any different.

If Brady plays and we build up any sort of decent lead, I would expect to see a big dose of Hoyer as well. Even with Hoyer in, I don't doubt our team's ability to win the game. The Lions will be starting their back-up QB with absolutely no running game.

Michael Holley thinks Brady sits b/c he is questionable and not probable.

I think he plays but an interesting switch nonetheless.

Anybody else notice Hoyer warming up at the end of the INDY game?

Brady came back in, but that seemed weird.

Brian Hoyer has had substantial practice with the first unit for a couple of weeks now (steelers, colts and now this week), he looked pretty good in the preseason and i think they have full confidence that they can put him in there and do a respectable job.
I don't know how many snaps Hoyer gets with the first unit. Hoyer's responsibel for emulating the opposing QB on the scout team, so I wouldn't think he gets much work with the starters. However, as the only other QB he obviously does get plenty of snaps during the week.

I did see that. I was wondering WTF was going on for a sec

something else to consider...

The Jets game is the most important game of the year, if the Jets win this game they will not only have the best tiebreaker, but they will give the patriots a loss, however, even if the patriots lose this week to the lions, if they beat the jets next week, they will be tied in head to head, and tied for wins, but the patriots will have strength of schedule tiebreaker over them, with the jets going into Pittsburgh later in the year they are in for another tough game as well with the toughest patriots game left being at home later in the season against the packers.

if there is a game which tom brady can rest and get healthy, its this one.

Yeah i saw that and he looked like he was getting ready to go in. But he didn't practice last wednesday, i can see him resting up cause its a short week.

Last edited:
Reiss tweet:

Patriots held walkthrough today before traveling to Detroit. On injury report, Pats estimate Brady would not have practiced on normal day.

Well, there's the rub. How do we know that if the Pats really had a normal day of practice that Brady would sit out? It is easy to say he wouldn't since there was no normal day of practice, but that doesn't mean if the Pats had a full week to prepare that they wouldn't change their mind and let Brady practice.

When a team is given the leeway to make a judgement that allows them to make injuries seem worse than they are that doesn't negatively impact the team's preparation without providing proof that the player wouldn't have practiced, wouldn't most smart teams take advantage of it? Right now the Detriot coaching staff is having a similiar discussion as this thread on whether Brady will play or not and if he does how effective is he.

There was a point during the game, I believe on the last Colt's drive, you can see Brady roll up his sleeve on his left arm, and rub his arm. I also believe, the one sack the Colts got, he fell on his left arm. Just speculating here. But I've watched the game several times, and that's how I spotted it.

If Hoyer plays it's because of my suggestion Sunday that he gets some reps

... Belichick reads the forum every day. :confused3::confused::confused3:

don't mention it Bill ... no problem ... glad to be of service.

Last edited:
Given that EVERYONE listed on the report is listed as questionable, I think it's got something to do with Belichick playing the rules about reporting to his advantage. Kind think we'll see Tom play. Would be interesting to see him start the games as #2, though.

Last edited:
Three things I never trust:

1. Anything labeled mystery meat

2. Statments by former Iraqi Information Minister Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf

3. A Bill Belichick injury report

Hoyer was shown on the sidelines because the announcers were talking about Blair White being his WR at Michigan State.

Also, Brady will play. Let's be serious.

Brady was landed on hard towards the end of the game - watch the tape

I'm guessing (hoping, praying) that they listed him questionable because they could, because he missed Wed. practice as usual.

lol there's no question weather he's playing or not. They listed him as questionable back in 05 vs tampa bay. They had me a bit scared with doug flutie as back up but of course brady played and he was awesome. Did anyone else get freaked out when they started to show Brian Hoyer warming up on the sidelines last week like he was going to come into the game with the pats up by 3 :eek:

Seriously I was like what the he'll happened to Brady. He will play but I don't know what's up with the media overblowing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News