PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Incognito suspended indefinitely by Dolphins

Any speculations on repurcussions to Incognito and the Dolphins if it's as bad as it sounds? Dolphins should lose a first round pick :singing: and Richie should be suspended for the season and there should be some major fines involved.
I'd say half a mil for the coach and a quarter mil for the team would do nicely. :rocker:

This will be another example of football being forced to catch up to modern workplace standards, and no longer being given a pass on the entitlements of a civil society, such as physical safety and basic protections from bigotry.

If you think it's fine for a veteran headcase to relentlessly torment a rookie and be a racist *******, then I guess that's fine. But giving a free pass to stuff like that is exactly how you end up with a broken locker room and a coach who has no authority and no buy-in from his players, which is the situation that the Dolphins find themselves in.

The Dolphins made the right move here. Incognito is a sociopath on a good day, and is probably a straight-up psychopath. As long as he's taking that out exclusively on the opponent, you can live with it, but he's poisoned every locker room he's ever been in. Whatever meager contributions he makes on the field are dramatically outweighed by his baggage off of it. Plus, doing this might be a good first step is introducing that locker room to the idea that there's some actual accountability here, which never hurts an organization.

I hear ya.

One would think that the Dolphins complete change of tune last night after seeing only a portion of the communications from Incognito to Martin would be a teeny weeny hint to Andy Johnson that Incognito is in big trouble here. "Evidently" not.

In 2013, a corporation like the Miami Dolphins does not suspend a player during a highly charged national story like this without cause and with no legal fear of unrightfully inpuning someone's name.
Agreed. And it's going to be verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry interesting to see how the players' union handles this suspension.

This incident is the last thing the League of Denial needs right now. Look for Goodell to come down on the Dolphins and Philbin with a punishment that totally overcompensates for the fact that everybody knows hazing has gone on for a long time and the NFL hasn't done anything about it.

Goodell (fake quote) "The NFL will not tolerate any hazing. Had we known any of this was going on we would have stopped it a long time ago. To show how important of an issue this is, we are fining the franchise $10 Million and taking away their 1st and 2nd round picks. I'm not taking any follow up questions at this time."

The Miami Dolphins, who for the first 5 days of this story said there was nothing wrong, last night SUSPENDED Incognito INDEFINITELY after seeing the first of the correspondences he sent to Martin.

What the heck are you trying to argue with "We do not know yet?"
So your opinion is that if the Dolphins suspended him then he is guilty of every possible thing being suggested, and we should just stop here and banish him for life, and there is no need to see what he allegedly did, and what the proof is.
So, when Spygate broke and Goddell summoned BB to NY the Patriots were guilty in your eyes and you didn't need to know what, where or why?

Incognito is such a piece of $h!t

I hear ya.

One would think that the Dolphins complete change of tune last night after seeing only a portion of the communications from Incognito to Martin would be a teeny weeny hint to Andy Johnson that Incognito is in big trouble here. "Evidently" not.

In 2013, a corporation like the Miami Dolphins does not suspend a player during a highly charged national story like this without cause and with no legal fear of unrightfully inpuning someone's name.

Andy, don't ask people here to define the word "is", please.
So while it is perfectly fine to believe that the Dolphins organization is so incompetant that such egregious things could happen right under their noses, but impossible to think that in reaction to the negative publicity, as well as Incognito releasing texts from Martin that their reaction was knee jerk to suspend him, and the only possible reason could be that he is guilty as sin of anything that anyone can speculate he did?
You need a lot more than 'is' defined fro you.

Look, the odds are he is a total loser, and did a lot of what is being specualted, but as I have said a number of times, it is intriguing that people as so quick to jump to conclusion without knowing the facts.

Richie Incognito needs to be tossed from the league. It's players like him that detract from the NFL's Anti-Bullying program for kids. Some of the txts/VMs that were leaked are downright despicable and I fully understand Martin walking away.

Hard to believe that the other players in the locker-room let it get to that point. Even harder to believe that the coaches let it get to that point.

The NFL and the Dolphins are facing a huge potential lawsuit over this if Incognito isn't dealt with harshly..

Look, the odds are he is a total loser, and did a lot of what is being specualted, but as I have said a number of times, it is intriguing that people as so quick to jump to conclusion without knowing the facts.
It's also intriguing to see people denying something which is painfully obvious to all the rest of us.

Two clichés apply in this situation:

1. Where there's smoke there's fire
2. Mean people $ u c k

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 9m
1: Richie Incognito left this VM for Jonathan Martin in April 2013: "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive)...

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 8m
2. More Incognito to Martin: "I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expl) mouth....

3. Incognito VM to Martin: "(I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter).

4. Incognito to Martin, all on same VM in April 2013: "(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 7m
NFL has heard Richie Incognito's VM to Jonathan Martin. Dolphins have heard the voice mail.

It's also intriguing to see people denying something which is painfully obvious to all the rest of us.
Where did I deny anything?
I said:

1) At the point I read the thread back to front there was much conclusion and condemnation and little fact
2) I don't believe the quote is from his father just because some guy on the internet says so
3) I will wait to see the facts, such as what was actually said and done
4) I have no clue whether he is guilty or not, because we do not know the facts and I do not proclaim him guilty because he was suspended. I will think for myself and assess the facts when they come to light.

Since when is that denial?

Doubt that's gonna happen in this case, but I get your point.

Don't be so sure about that. If the Dolphins and the NFL don't come down harshly on Incognito, then there will definitely be a civil lawsuit. Not just against Incognito, but also the NFL and the Dolphins for allowing such an unhealthy work environment.

Also, being that Incognito was stupid enough to send the texts and the fact that Martin's lawyer has called it a hate crime due to the racially charged texts and the fact that there were threats against Martin's family, this could very quickly turn into a Federal case with Incognito being arrested and charged. In fact, if I was the NFL and the Dolphins, I would insist on the FBI getting involved and then coming down on Incognito. It would be the best way to show Martin they are taking it seriously and head off the potential of a civil lawsuit.

Is this speculation on your part or do you know what was said? I've heard rumors of racism, hate crime stuff etc but nothing really concrete.

I don't doubt the severity, just wondering about the actual details.

Check the post above yours...i posted what schefter tweeted.

Check the post above yours...i posted what schefter tweeted.

Ahh I see now. Damn I've been watching Schefter tweets all day and missed these!

I love how Martin saved a voicemail from April. Well played.

Hey AndyJohnson, care to explain those texts? Still think he's innocent? Oh wait, I'm sure you still need more evidence... :rolleyes:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If true, then I take back what I said about Martin. That's pretty blatent racism right there.

My question is what about the other Miami veteran offensive linemen? Why didn't they, either individually or collectively, pull Incognito aside privately and say that this behavior was over the line and counter productive?

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back