PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm here for Colts and Pats week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again bonehead penalties extended a key drive for the Colts opponent. I'm getting confused on whether I'm watching the Cowboys or the Colts. After the Pats no penalty effort this weekend, we can see who's more ready to play.

The penalties are way out of line for the Dungy coached Colts. I'm not really sure why that is. The killer is the timing of many of them. They always seem to come on third downs when the D is about to get off the field.

With the Rams sending their non-called penalty tape to the league, do you think it will have an impact on how the game is called next week?

The penalties are way out of line for the Dungy coached Colts. I'm not really sure why that is. The killer is the timing of many of them. They always seem to come on third downs when the D is about to get off the field.

With the Rams sending their non-called penalty tape to the league, do you think it will have an impact on how the game is called next week?

Probably not.... The NFL knows that penalties that could be called are not called in every game. What's far more likely to influence penalties is Polian's instructions to the officials.

Not at all. Every game a few calls are missed. And there is nothing that was like the disaster in Denver-Chargers.

This was just a publicity stunt so the Rams fans would get pissed off at the "cheating patriots" instead of their own inept coaching.

I'd say the Pats are playing to the whistle. It fits the personality of the coach. I expect them to play to the whistle again this week.

Probably not.... The NFL knows that penalties that could be called are not called in every game. What's far more likely to influence penalties is Polian's instructions to the officials.

I actually chuckled out loud at that one.

Not at all. Every game a few calls are missed. And there is nothing that was like the disaster in Denver-Chargers.

This was just a publicity stunt so the Rams fans would get pissed off at the "cheating patriots" instead of their own inept coaching.

You're probably right. If it were to have an impact it would probably more likely be in the Rams next game. It just reminded me of back in the day NBA coaches would b!tch about the refs in between playoff games and the next game the calls would go the other way.

I was just wondering what you guys thought.

so...I take it the Colts are inviting Tim Donaghy to guest ref Sunday's game?

You have to credit the opposing team for also drawing those penalties some of the time. If a team is jumpy, it's going to hurt them.

You have to credit the opposing team for also drawing those penalties some of the time. If a team is jumpy, it's going to hurt them.

Most are coming on defense.

so...I take it the Colts are inviting Tim Donaghy to guest ref Sunday's game?

Well the line is Colts -5 1/2 for some reason.

Re: I'm here for Colts and Pats week.

Big workhorse fan here...can we trade him for B to B or Pats Lifer?

You wish "joker", ha-ha your name says it all. Why didn't you just name yourself TOOLBOX?

All teams send tapes of questionable calls, illegal hits, etc to the league every week. They just don't usually announce it in the press, that's all.

I doubt Perriera is telling the refs to call a munch of penalties so that ESPN won't write stories. Now if Haslett was a member of the competition committee, he could hound the refs like Shula did and make them think twice. Even then, with the league reviewing film and grading refs, even Shula couldn't repeat his act today.

The Colts just suffered a huge blow. Losing Marlin Jackson for the year.

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Another big loss for Colts

tiny_violin.png

Good news and bad news.

On the good news side, Seymour and A. Thomas looked, last week, as good as they have looked (Seymour in two or more years, and Thomas since he's been with the Pats).

On the good news side, Mayo has a good chance of being Defensive Rookie of the year. He's been nothing, but solid for the team.

On the bad news side, due to injuries the secondary could, quite possibly, be forced to play a bunch of 1st and 2nd year players, and that has to have Manning licking his chops. The likes of Wheatly, Wilhite, Merriweather et al, could be good down the road, but it's hard to deny that they are very green.

On the bad news side, the team played last week without their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string RBs. That cannot be a good thing against a team like Indy.

I have to say I am impressed with how Cassel has stepped right in and kept the Pats on a pace to finish 1 or 2 seed in the AFC, still a long way to go but I think we all know how the Colts would do if the same thing happened to Manning in the 1st qtr of the opening game, we would be screwed and probably 1-6.

Colts will be desperate to get a win Sunday night, I don't know which team will show up, both the Colts and Pats both have a little jekyle and Hyde going on, although the Pats are playing more consistent. If the Colts team shows up that beat the Ravens the Colts win 34-17, if the Colts teams shows up that lost to GB the Pats win 28-17 with the Colts getting a garbage td in the last few minutes to make it close.

Last edited:
Seems Colts fans are spinning it as a swap of Hayden returning to replace Jackson. Jackson was the better of the two drafted in the first while Hayden was snagged in the 2nd in 2005. Fans are spinning Hayden as the batter corner today based on Jackson struggling along with the entire D this season while Hayden has been out since week 5 due to a knee injury suffered in the Houston game... Who knows, the rest seem to be what they have and nothing to get excited about. Could be some mismatches to exploit for Welker and Gaffney and Faulk or the TE's. Hayden will probably draw Randy duty. Jackson was the little bugger who picked Tom off in the closing seconds of that AFCC... Getting Sanders back will help although he may have some rust to knock off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST