PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm disgusted to be a Patriots fan today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think more than being embarassed at being a pats fan, more than being embarassed at being a NE native...I am embarassed to be a human being. That's how bad their loss was yesterday.

most ludicrous post in message board history...get a grip...then get a life.

That team had a nucleus of a defense that were together for years and finally became one solidified unit,this years defense is full of scraps,pieces and parts like a jigsaw puzzle with missing pieces....Belichick better find that piece and put it together fast.

Bruschi,McGinest,Vrabel,Washington (1 great year) and Harrison (fit like he was here forever) are not walking through that door ever again.

I thought it was because Ty Law was allowed to tackle WRs at the line of scrimmage

I watched the game.

I came away from it feeling like the team lost the game. It didn't come down to any one person, unless we're talking about who DIDN'T lose the game (Wes Welker).

The defense is obviously a work in progress, but they have shown some good things this season, so I don't see the point in writing them off after week 3. The offense showed some mental toughness at the end of the game, finally getting it together after a 20 minutes of poor play to come back to tie the game (although Chad's drop may have been worse than Gaffney's vs. the '08 Colts).

The one thing I've learned about football the last few years is that it isn't important to win every single regular season game. Maybe some of us have decided that it is, but let's be clear: only once has a SB winning team been undefeated. The most important thing is to make it to the playoffs, any way possible, and get better as a team along the way.

Every team is going to **** the bed and have a poor game, and being on the road against a divisional opponent with a huge chip on their shoulder didn't help. This was the Bills' Super Bowl. Hopefully the Pats learn a lot from this game, so it isn't a total loss.

Last edited:
This thread insists upon itself. This is another thread always created after a loss..is it for the likes?

most ludicrous post in message board history...get a grip...then get a life.

How did you not catch the sarcasm? He said he's embarrassed to be a human being after the loss and you took that seriously..

Still disgusted today with all these chicken littles still posting...watch them win on sunday and these guys will all go into hiding

While I walked away with my head held low yesterday, but know this team will be forminable in future games...

It seems incongruous or perhaps schizophrenic on this board, that amongst all the gloom and doom threads there are threads about how many td's will Brady throw????

Brady throwing four interceptions is an anomoly, and coupled with at least 4 starters out for this game added to this setback. Thought that our days of fielding substandard d backs had been addressed, however injuries are the equalizer..

If you are watching this league right now there is strangeness everywhere.. the vaunted Iggles are giving up yards as are the best defense in the league the Jets...

It is clear that the defenses are lagging behind the offenses, things will get better. Believe and step back from the edge...

Every time I read the title of the thread I think I am going to come into the thread and see some crazy, but the OP disappoints me in a positive way lol

I'm always happy to watch the Pats. I don't need them to win the SB or be the best ever to be my team. I was fan when when they were the worst team in the NFL. That said, everyone reacts differently to losses. Let's not turn on each other. One game at a time.

Personally, SB 42 was the turning point for me. That game pretty much ruined my month. When I was still feeling like crap weeks after the game, I realized that it was time for an adjustment. Now I don't take losses so seriously... it's definitely for the better.

Which makes it all the more bizarre to see the over-the-top reactions. I didn't even venture over to Patsfans until a few minutes ago, because this place is just that unbearable after a loss. The next 5 days are going to filled with diatribes on why the Pats aren't good enough to beat the "elite" NFL teams, ignoring the fact that every single one of those teams has issues just as glaring as ours. That's just how it works here, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Personally, SB 42 was the turning point for me. That game pretty much ruined my month. When I was still feeling like crap weeks after the game, I realized that it was time for an adjustment. Now I don't take losses so seriously... it's definitely for the better.

I used to be like all these other doom and gloom posters after a loss back in the SB days..but that loss made me not care as much anymore..especially this early in the season

Still disgusted today with all these chicken littles still posting...watch them win on sunday and these guys will all go into hiding

If your definition of going into hiding is claiming we will go 15-1, win the Super Bowl, and shatter every NFL record....then yes, they will go into hiding.

Which makes it all the more bizarre to see the over-the-top reactions. I didn't even venture over to Patsfans until a few minutes ago, because this place is just that unbearable after a loss.

Agreed on all counts. The 2007 season brought a great deal of 'fans' out of the woodwork who apparently had never seen the team lose a game, and clearly didn't know how to react when they did. I was also hugely disappointed and upset about the loss, but my grandfather was a big Giants fan, and that made it easier to accept.

This team has given us some very tough losses since '04 ('05 Broncos, '06 Colts, '07 Giants, '08 Colts, '09 Colts, '10 Jets), nearly all of which contributed to a poor season ending. I'm not counting the Baltimore game because I'm not sure how much hope there was going into that game, and from the start they were never in it.

Hopefully this Patriots team got their tough loss out of the way early. I'm pretty sure letting a divisional opponent come back from 21 points down qualifies. It's the sort of thing you hope lights a fire under these guys, and pushes them to improve as a complementary team.

What happened the last time the Bills beat us?

Tough loss, no doubt about it, but better early in the season than late. The D is very much a work in progress an I'm concerned with personnel at safety, but not anywhere else really, just hoping for health.

We attracted a bunch of whining, front running, bandwagon, sunshine Patriot, fans like barnacles since the last decade.

This is the reason and yeah, I'll repost. If Belichick would let up and suck one year like every other team, these whining babies would find a new fad team of the week, but he doesn't.

A winner every year, always in contention, never out of it. Had some good fortune early years in the playoffs, not so much lately, but you sure can't win in the playoffs without making them, we do almost every year.

It's been proposed these coaches are, were, could be better. Ha!

Tomlin, McCarthy, Payton, Ryan, Harbaugh

Last two years

Belichick 24-8
Payton 24-8
Harbaugh 21-11
McCarthy 21-11
Tomlin 21-11
* = Career
*Ryan 20-12

3 years

Belichick 35-13
*Harbaugh 32-16

4 years

Belichick 51-13
*Tomlin 43-21

5 years

Belichick 63-17
*Payton 49-31
*McCarthy 48-32

10 years

Belichick 3 Super Bowl championships, zero losing or even seasons, ****loads of wins

2 zero
3 zero
4 zero
5 zero
6 zero

RayClay, I'm guessing you remember the years before BB. How soon we forget. In 2001, BB puts in a 6th round pick in place of the franchise qb and wins a Superbowl. Oh yea, beginners luck...I would have done that.....whateva. BB replaces stud safety -team favorite/fan favorite player and replaces him with rookie. Goes on to win Superbowl. Oh yea, I would have done that. BB brings in disgruntled RB from Cincy to win Superbowl. Oh yea, I would have done that because I'm on the BB bandwagon. Patriots win division year after year but do not win Superbowl. We need to dump the looser and replace him with (LMFAO) Ryan! My apologies, because Ryan did say he would go to the Superbowl this year........

Hopefully this Patriots team got their tough loss out of the way early. I'm pretty sure letting a divisional opponent come back from 21 points down qualifies. It's the sort of thing you hope lights a fire under these guys, and pushes them to improve as a complementary team.

Exactly my thought and I have a strong feeling that Brady will avenge this.

Can't say the same about our D though...

Exactly my thought and I have a strong feeling that Brady will avenge this.

Can't say the same about our D though...

I don't know if its lack of real overall defensive talent or what,but the offense seems to really be tons more motivated to win than the defense which looks sluggish.

Is the defense really that bad? or do we just have a bunch of underachievers playing for more of a paycheck than a victory?

Last edited:
Not because of anything the Pats did, but how pathetic people on this board are acting. When did we become Red Sox fans who aren't happy unless they are miserable and complaining about their team? In fact, the Red Sox fans aren't even that bad anymore.

I can't even believe that there is no originality in the biatching either. Seriously, after one loss, the "the game passed Belichick by" threads come out?

I can't believe it, but I really think that there are a segment of the fans here who want the Pats to lose because they are so miserable that they want to be able to biatch about Bill O'Brien, Devin McCourty, and Chad Ochocinco. It is like their lives aren't fulfilled unless they can complain.

The fact of the matter is the Pats lost to a good team in the division. There are definitely a lot of things that need to be fixed on this team, but you can say that about just about every team in the league. Even the undefeated teams have shown some big flaws. Getting healthy and gelling as a team will fix a lot of the problems. People need to get off the ledge and think rationally.

I am with you buddy. This forum has become a joke. Even worse is Foxboro stadium, hands down the worst home field advantage in all of sports. And I don't want to hear any bull**** about the stadium design. The fans suck, just what you see here. The Jets playoff game was my first game in the new stadium. I was shocked! I have been to games with 18,000 that were louder! I could literally sit wherever I wanted back then but those 18,000 were into it. Patriot football fans are hands down the worst in ALL of sports.

I too am disgusted by this. And it is clearly a symptom of being spoiled over the past decade. We as a "sports town" have witnessed something very bizarre in that our four major sports teams have all won a championship in a single decade( three of them doing so multiple times) It has truly been a wonderful roller coaster ride for a sports fan and we should grateful for the fact that we have had soooo many more "ups" than any other sports region has had over the last ten years. It truly saddens me that a few of my fellow patriots fans are calling for the coach I love to be fired or resign after ONE tough loss to a divisional opponent. Let's remind ourselves that NO team other than the 2007 Patriots (coached by the very same man you want gone) have gone through a 16 game regular season without losing at least ONE game! Yes it was a tough loss. Yes, it was a totally embarrassing collapse. Yes, it was painful to watch, especially since we all expect so much better from our boys. But please ask yourself what teams don't go through this every once in a while. Hell look at Pittsburgh in week one- an embarrassing game against a divisional opponent. **** happens people! Now ask yourself what coach has given their fan base more joy in the last ten years than Mr. Belichick. I'm gonna stick with him and this team and enjoy them giving the beat down to OAK next week in what will surely be a redemption game. Go PATS!!!!

I am mainly speaking to the ones losing all in faith in this team based on this game. I understand the vast majority don't feel this way.

Last edited:
How did you not catch the sarcasm? He said he's embarrassed to be a human being after the loss and you took that seriously..

yeah..I did take him seriously...have you ever read any of his other takes?...most messages from most posters on this board one can easily see sarcasm....this guy, given what he's posted in the past,definitely gave me the impression he's serious....if that was a joke, my bad

Which makes it all the more bizarre to see the over-the-top reactions. I didn't even venture over to Patsfans until a few minutes ago, because this place is just that unbearable after a loss. The next 5 days are going to filled with diatribes on why the Pats aren't good enough to beat the "elite" NFL teams, ignoring the fact that every single one of those teams has issues just as glaring as ours. That's just how it works here, unfortunately.

I am with you. I think SB 42 broke something in me because I have never been so devastated after a loss and everything since has paled for me. I didn't have to give myself a pep talk, I just think something broke that day and I just can't get as worked up again.

I don't even agree that a SB win would make up for that season, as I've seen posted. Nothing will ever make up for it. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST