PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you were Kraft and this season doesn’t improve, do you move on from Bill after this season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you move on from Bill after 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 101 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 19.0%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 31 19.0%

• Total voters
So Bledsoe was good for a number of years including 2002, Bill went 5-13 with him in 2000-01, and you just claimed Bill could have won championships with a bunch of other QBs in the early 2000s? Got it.

This is how idiots like you "win" arguments. You don't debate me on what I actually say. You just make up ridiculous things I didn't say and mock them. You are a clown show.

You think you are clever but all you do is get in a *********** of with some of the dumbest people on this board "winning" arguments that were never actually made except in your heads.

I think I am done entertaining your stupidity. If you want a real debate, call me. But I know you rather be the Internet tough guy.

This is how idiots like you "win" arguments. You don't debate me on what I actually say. You just make up ridiculous things I didn't say and mock them. You are a clown show.

You think you are clever but all you do is get in a *********** of with some of the dumbest people on this board "winning" arguments that were never actually made except in your heads.

I think I am done entertaining your stupidity. If you want a real debate, call me. But I know you rather be the Internet tough guy.

tl;dr
Rob takes another L

Who do you replace Bill with? That’s an even more important question.

I would want an offensive minded coach probably from the Shanahan/McVey tree. I really like what Brian Griese is doing in San Fran the last two years with Purdy. He isn't the OC because Shanahan calls his own plays, but he is the defacto one and the QBs coach.

tl;dr
Rob takes another L

OK, if that is what you think. Just annoyed with your stupidity. And people are probably just as annoyed with you derailing the thread.

People were freaking out over the Cam Newton led group and it's gotten much worse since then. These guys aren't prepared for what the opposing team does. I'm not sure that firing coach will solve anything, but keeping him isn't helping either on a multi-year time scale already.

BB is reaping what he sowed due to his arrogance and pride. They never should have played hardball with Brady and forced him to leave.

The Pats in 2019 and 2020 still had a SB caliber defence. Their offense was bad as BB has been striking out drafting on the offensive side since 2015. However, it could have been rectified by going all in. Pats could have tried to win 1 or 2 more SBs between 2019 and 2022 while Brady still was playing. Then blow it all up and do a complete rebuild starting in 2023.

Instead, they went on business as usual with a mediocre QB, mediocre to bad drafting, and mediocre free agents. The result, a mediocre to bad team drifting nowhere for years to come.

There isnt anyone.

BB can still coach and the drafts have improved. Find a QB.
THIS.
You can't win in the NFL without a good QB unless you've got a juggernaut (SF) around him. Mac deserved another year certainly after last years sh!tshow, but if he doesn't turn it around, like tomorrow...
The Pats are getting battered by injuries, obviously. The OL, the DBs, now Judon...if Mac doesn't markedly improve, they'll be in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes, ffs.
That's not all on Bill - the Pats are now feeling what so many other teams have gone through over and over again in searching for that QB. The NFL has made that position (and WRs/TEs) so important in their desire for high-flying games that no defense, no matter how good, is likely to do more than slow down the horses. Without an offense able to score 30, you're chances are tiny.

Mac has to prove he's "it" right now, or the Pats need to go searching.
As for BB, they're not firing him. I just don't see it. The last couple of drafts look pretty good.
But I do agree the philosophy of the team needs to change to keep up.
PS. I've been trying, really trying, to hope that Mac Jones would be the guy, but man, his mistakes are monumental lately.

Who do you replace Bill with? That’s an even more important question.
It depends. If the Patriots move on from Bill as both GM and HC they'll need a new GM first to decide what team they want to become.

If it's an offensive team like the rest of the league there are some good OC's that will be looking for HC jobs that they can choose from. The Dolphins OC comes to mind. Or if they want to stay with a defensive minded coach they can go in house to Mayo or interview a DC looking for a promotion.

Last edited:
That isn’t true either. I didn’t look at the third week, but the first two weeks he was in the top 5 for fastest time to throw. The way the line was playing in those games, if he was slow to make decisions he would have been sacked like 20 times.
I'd say he can be on time, but he is tentative and late too often.

BB is reaping what he sowed due to his arrogance and pride. They never should have played hardball with Brady and forced him to leave.

The Pats in 2019 and 2020 still had a SB caliber defence. Their offense was bad as BB has been striking out drafting on the offensive side since 2015. However, it could have been rectified by going all in. Pats could have tried to win 1 or 2 more SBs between 2019 and 2022 while Brady still was playing. Then blow it all up and do a complete rebuild starting in 2023.

Instead, they went on business as usual with a mediocre QB, mediocre to bad drafting, and mediocre free agents. The result, a mediocre to bad team drifting nowhere for years to come.
How would that help 2023?

You assume Brady wanted to stay with the Pats after 2019. It takes two to tango and Brady already had one foot out the door in Miami.
It has nothing to do with what was on the field yesterday.

You assume Brady wanted to stay with the Pats after 2019. It takes two to tango and Brady already had one foot out the door in Miami.
Brady wanted a longterm deal in 2018. BB would only commit to year to year. By 2019, it was too late and yes Brady had 1 foot out the door by then.

Anyways, in 2019 Brady had scrubs to work with and 1 up in comer in Meyers. He saw the righting on the wall. I don't blame Mac one bit, as BB has continued to give his QB scrub level talent.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back