PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you were Kraft and this season doesn’t improve, do you move on from Bill after this season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you move on from Bill after 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 101 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 19.0%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 31 19.0%

• Total voters
Frankly trading Jimmy G to his freaking friend to put him in a good situation at the expense of maximizing the trade return and then NOT PAYING TOM was a fireable offense right there. Add on Malcolm Butler and 2017 should have been it for Bill.

I have been saying since the spring that any other coach would have been fired for last year and this team needed to show improvement and signs that they were moving towards being a contender again or the Pats have to move on from Belichick. So far, I don’t see it.

Honestly after the **** shows BB has rolled out since Brady left…..He should have been fired years ago…..BB is a very good overall coach….Brady made him a legend….BB stayed too long ….and now everyone knows he’s pretty average

I have been saying since the spring that any other coach would have been fired for last year and this team needed to show improvement and signs that they were moving towards being a contender again or the Pats have to move on from Belichick. So far, I don’t see it.
Hard to see this team improving beyond what it is. I love BB and what he's done for us but it's looking like a philosophical change is needed.

I love me some BB. I was ok with several down years if the rebuilding was in place. Truly believed that playoff season w Mac was building towards something.

But - sad face - I just can’t see a path out atm. Always vote RLKAG. But….

I move on from Bill if Mayo, his sons and everyone of Bills guys are fired with him.

And we hire a young offensive mind from the Shanahan/McVay tree, i'm not firing Bill and hiring Mayo and keeping all the Bill clones around there's no point in that.

I don't consider having Mayo as head coach as moving on, i view it as hiring a lesser version of Bill.

I move on from Mac Jones first, under no circumstances can you sell me on Mac Jones as the guy in 2024.

You win 6 titles it buys you a lot of time. 4 years post Brady is enough time to see the direction of the team. If there’s not a drastic turnaround I move on and start over with a new HC/QB.

Even if things get better, I wouldn't keep him unless it was drastic.

I don't give a **** if they beat the Jets again and then beat the Broncos, Raiders, Giants, Commanders and maybe steal one from another division opponent to get maybe 6 or 7 wins. That doesn't change how bad this team is.

I'm OK with him being the coach next season if someone else is buying the groceries, or he has a come-to-Jesus moment about investing in the offense.

But barring one of those two, it's probably time for him to retire.

You win 6 titles it buys you a lot of time. 4 years post Brady is enough time to see the direction of the team. If there’s not a drastic turnaround I move on and start over with a new HC/QB.

I personally think he used up his Super Bowl cache on the Patricia debacle. Any other coach would have been fired after that move. Andy Reid got fired from the Eagles after making an OC a DC.

He had the appropriate amount of time to rebuild. If the team was trending in the right direction then fine. The problem is, they aren't. If you're okay with THIS being the state of the team 3-4 years post brady then cool, keep him. I don't see how you could be though.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back