PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you could have One player from another team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walter Jones or Champ Bailey

Brian Urlacher. Go Pats:rocker:

Bob Sanders. He's young and he's a beast.

Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders are both up at the end of this season for Indy. They can only franchise one. I hope we get a crack at one of them.

Stop dreaming. Sanders is going nowhere. If Clark gets franchised, no way any other team is giving up a first rounder for him. Colts keep both players.

Disagree, when you could trade Manning and get two or three Ed Reed's. No one said the player you are adding is not tradeable. Also there is a large gap between the abilities of LT and Maroney. Maroney is no Brady at his position.

Finally a guy w/ some sense. You have Brady, you don't need Manning. But he'd def. get you the most value in a trade. You take Manning and trade him for 2 or 3 studs on defense.

I love the fact that you Pat fans realize what a great player Reed is.He isnt just a safety,he is a playmaker in every sense of the word.When he gets the ball in his hand whether it be a missed FG,punt return,or interception he is alomost impossible to bring down,and there is good shot he is taking it to the house.I dont know how to describe it,but the way he runs with the football is like noone else I have ever seen.He slinks and weaves and slides his way up the field,it is just a thing of beauty to watch.I also like that most of you have picked defensive players,because we all know thats what wins championships in the NFL.

Ed Reed is the best player in the NFL, offense or defense. It is an absolute pleasure to watch him play.

And no, Peyton Manning could not fetch "2 or 3" Ed Reeds in a trade. The only safety I would even consider equivalent to Ed Reed is Ronnie Lott, and when all is said and done Reed will probably have outpaced even him. There aren't "2 or 3 Ed Reeds" in the NFL; Troy Polamalu and Bob Sanders are to safeties what Donovan McNabb and Marc Bulger are to quarterbacks: good players for their generation, but not all-time greats like a Manning or Brady.

The only players I would ever consider in this who aren't Ed Reed would be Ladainian Tomlinson and Champ Bailey.

Oh, and Antonio Gates isn't the best tight end to ever play. Tight ends are supposed to be able to block, he can't. He's an oversized wide receiver. Not that it's a bad thing, as he's very dominant, but to call him the best of all time is a vast overstatement. People always seem to think the guys of THIS generation (at any particular time) are the best ever, but people forget how dominant Coates and Sharpe were in their primes only 10 years ago, to say nothing of someone like Kellen Winslow or, to go back further, John Mackey or Mike Ditka. Tony Gonzalez was nearly as dominant as Gates is a mere 5 years ago.

Last edited:
Anquan Boldin Arizona Cardinals WR. This guy is in his prime and a phenom. Today he had 14 catches.

For me, this is not about the first pick in a draft of non-patriots. For me, that player is clearly Manning.
========================

I THINK the question is who would help our patriot team the most. Last year my vote would have been Randy Moss. GIVEN OUR CURRENT TEAM, these are my choices (similar to most).

1. Hester
2. Reed
3. Urlacher
4. Bailey
5. Sanders
6. LJ

I believe that we already have the best patriot team ever. Each of these players would be significant additions. I guess it is a great tribute to dante, that I didn't even consider OL a need.

After todays game, I'd take the Bills punter, Moorman. Hanson ain't doin it.

After today's game, I'd like to change my answer.

Given how powerful this offense is, I don't choose an offensive player of any kind. I don't choose ILB. (And I CERTAINLY don't choose punter.) I choose:

Ed Reed or Champ Bailey.

Last edited:
Jason Taylor.

I don't even care if he plays. I'm just sick of watching him sack Brady two games a year every year.

We need Ty Law back..especially since we will be playing Indy.

Billy Joe Hobert or Billy Joe Tolliver

Anthony Henry (USF! USF!) is the next in a long line of great CBs in this league. Ill take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back