PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we get past Atlanta, should fans be talking about "it"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2007 called and wants you to STHU (;)). Seriously, after 4 games with this passing offense and you're suggesting 16-0??? Maybe it's time to start talking about getting on the wagon for a few days...

On the general topic, it's already hard enough to win the SB. "The Perfect Season" is an unneeded painting of a target on your back. The media talks about it incessantly (understandably so) that causes players to have to read about it/hear it from every friend-neighbor-car service driver, and every opposing team to be on adrenalin high to be the one to knock you off your high horse.
There is only one "it"(win) to talk about: winning the last game of the season. IMHO there ain't nothing wrong in talking about that as of week 4 (well there really isn't anything wrong per se with talking about 16-0 in week 4....even if it is disconnected from reality).

My doctor said I should really have "it" removed. I hate even looking at "it." At least "it" doesn't look any bigger today.

I would take 'dynasty' status over a single season, and a promise of a title over a possible perfect season.

The Dolphins cling to a 41 year old accomplishment because there is little else to celebrate (playoffs twice in Tom Brady's career; last SB was the year before Pats' first SB in '85). In that '72 season, 6 of the 17 games were decided by 7 points or less (ie., one unlucky bounce, and it's over - and the Fish had plenty of turnovers, so far from perfect in execution). Perfect seasons are more fluky with all that needs to fall into place (injuries, possible turnovers, etc.) than demonstrated greatness. The '72 Dolphins were a great, balanced team, best in offense and defense that year. Best team ever? I don't think so.

The only reason I remotely cared about perfect seasons in 2007 was it represented a nice FU to everyone else in the NFL after Spygate. And unlike the '72 Dolphins (point differential of 214 points in 14 games, most of which came from 4 blowouts), much of '07 was pure dominance over the best the NFL had to offer (blowouts in all but 5 of 16 games and a 315 point differential). Without that win at the end of the season, it is a cautionary tale and the reverse of the 2001 title scenario in which Goliath falls to the Pats.

Titles are hard enough to come by. I will take one of those any day at 10-6, with perfection limited to the final game of the season, over talk of undefeated seasons.

Fans can talk about whatever the hell they want... I gotta say, I don't form my worldview around anything fans (or mediots, for that matter,) say.

Start this talk when we have another insane off-season and load up the talent to do it. Probably won't happen again. It. Just. Won't.

This year, it looks like we'll be struggling and gritting it out once we're up against good teams (Atlanta may or may not qualify, depends who you ask.) Can this team keep up with the Saints when they're firing on all eight? How about the Packers? Broncos with their reload?

I think it's still a good bet we beat the sorry assortment in the AFC Least, but the league's bigger than that.

There's a reason the team and players aren't supposed to look past games down the schedule... it just makes no sense. In their case, it can create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

But sure, go ahead and get the pom-poms out. It just seems a really really bad question. Fans should be talking about what happens to this team once the playoffs start, and that's being ultra-ambitious. If it were any other team, we should be talking about whether we're making it. But I trust BB/TB enough that I've gotten bad about that too.

No way this team goes 16-0. It should not even be discussed. Crazy thoughts.

I'm just hoping to make the playoffs. "It" ? Not a chance in hell.

If we get past Atlanta, the only thing we should be talking about is Cincinnati!!

Well Mariucci said now in NFLN that Denver could be he first undefeated team after the 1972 fins.

Worst thread of all time

Without a doubt

Well Mariucci said now in NFLN that Denver could be he first undefeated team after the 1972 fins.

the manning ball washing from the media is sickening...but its funny they always seem to ignore the elephant in the room which is mannings below .500 playoff record with a tendency to choke when the weather gets cold.

What "it"? You talkin' 'bout THIS it? If so, no thanks. It scared the crap outta me when I was 10 on saturday afternoon creature features.:eek:

Attachments

• Picture 646.jpg
    Picture 646.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3
Stop the insanity !

I would not be talking about "IT" just yet even if we do beat Atlanta we still have ways to go. It's one step closer but we still have a few more teams that could beat us after this game.

I would really love to see us get to AT LEAST 6-0, which would mean beating the Saints, all while Brady gets the TD record for most consecutive games.

All while our WRs learn the offense and we deal with injuries, those things combined would really impress me much more than anything the donkeys and jumbo forehead have done.

Week 12 vs Denver is the only obsticle ;)

Not really worried about Denver, they crash down to earth by week 12. Lots of football to play in between.

Pats are winning now with one hand tied behind their backs. Be nice to see what the full squad can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes