PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we get past Atlanta, should fans be talking about "it"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opening disclaimer aside I would like to ask the question do you think the unbeaten season is still something Belichick has as a goal?

Personally, I do not.

I think that it's pretty much just "one game at a time." Now...if the right opportunity would present itself again and they somehow started off 12-0 due to a combination of good play and luck (always needed, including the 2007 season in multiple instances), then yes--he would likely go for it again.

I don't think that he's concerned about it in the least, nor do I think that he goes into any particular season with it on his mind.

Although he never said it or acknowledged it I felt like in 2007 (granted I had limited coverage overseas) Belichick really wanted the unbeaten season and did everything he could do to achieve it, but I wonder if seeing the toll that chase had on the team and how it led to their undoing if Bill no longer views 19-0 as something worthwhile.

I think he really wanted the unbeaten season once they had it in their sights, but that it wasn't an issue until they had double digit wins.

Just my opinion.

I wonder if Dolphins fans are thinking about "it", given that they are 3-0 as well and have played much better competition than the Pats.

I can't believe people think about this when the Pats have lost their last to Superbowls. I'm just hoping they make the playoffs. If they get a home game, that's gravy.

Yeah I think so....if we make it past the Falcons then sure, start thinking about the Bengals....I agree.

This team can be very potent, but its so hard to win every football game in the NFL. If this team stays healthy along with KT and Dobson continuing to improve, we could have a shot at a really impressive regular season record. But it comes down to the playoffs if we reach it. I would rather be 3-0 or 4-0 in the playoffs.

Personally I just want to see Brady break the TD streak. Who's going to be talking about Brady winning the super bowl this year a few years down the road anyways?

Personally I just want to see Brady break the TD streak. Who's going to be talking about Brady winning the super bowl this year a few years down the road anyways?

How about continuing the streak to the SB and winning it??

sure you could talk about it if they bet Atlanta why not your a fan but 4-0 is a far cry from 16-0

talk about a spoilt fanbase.

Thanks, I'm sure you guys would be thinking the same thing if the patriots weren't on your schedule right? ;)

lol, yeah well we can lose one. I think winning at Foxboro is to much to ask of the boys. Really excited and nervous about the game. As football fans we are going to love to see that game win or lose its great experience for our team and SP to learn more from BB.

But, as for our next game mmmmmm..dolphin
McDonalds-Filet-O-Fish.jpg

Should anyone talk about 3-13? Yeah, I feel about "it" the same way.

3 games into the season and this shows up?

Does the C'mon Man! segment take fan submissions? I have a great idea for one....

3 games into the season and this shows up?

Does the C'mon Man! segment take fan submissions? I have a great idea for one....

What does 3 games into the season have to do with signing Randy Moss?? :confused:

Is "it" that Atlanta would suck?

As BB says...1 game at a time

BB's brilliant, and has to think that way, but for the fans shouldnt we hope, prey, and have faith in the team to win it all? I mean the point of loving football is to always believe in your boys no matter who they play. Its a lesson in sportmanship and belief of a thing you cant control. Being happy, sad, nervous, support no matter the odds, and thinking that they can win it all.

Ill be dancing at 4-0, lol, and thats not pretty.

Not only do I think we fans should be talking about It, but I think we shouldn't wait to see what happens in Atlanta. Let's talk about It now.

pennywise1.jpg

Tim Curry, as Pennywise, scared the hell out of a lot of kids with this movie.

I prefer not to talk about sex on a message board heavily trafficked by men.

Oh, was that not the it he was referring to?

No, just no. I'm so sick of all the seachicken fans out here already talking like they won the superbowl and can't be beat after winning games over jacksonville and carolina. We of all fan bases should know how difficult it is to win it all. We're gonna lose this season, probably more then once, maybe even to a team we have no business losing to (browns game anyone?) and that's ok. As long as the rookie WR's improve every week, and this team is gelling. I'm happy. No SB or perfect season talk for me.

This has a lot of truth in it. The decade of excellence without a SB win seems to have caused us to get defensive and enjoy it less. The bar is so high now that we don't find happiness in rooting for the team nearly as easily, and seem much more quick to get negative about players.

very important point

Tim Curry, as Pennywise, scared the hell out of a lot of kids with this movie.

Forget about the kids. "It" scared the hell out of ME, in both book and movie form.

On a similar note, I'm sure you've heard about the "Northampton clown" at this point through the media. If not, you should do a google search. Pretty creepy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes