PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If the Packers finish 16-0, I will discontinue my time machine back to Feb 2008...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If the Packers finish 16-0, I will discontinue my time machine back to Feb 2008..

haha, i did not mean to offend anyone.

Brees winning is not an issue to me PERSONALLY, but i bet most NE fans would go nuts.

lol, you didn't . I just joke to much sometimes, its my fault. You think so?
I mean if we won a SB to kill Bradys 4th ring , sure I think that would piss some people off, but you think NE fans would be bothered if Brees got a second ring? I mean if they were not in the SB.
Brees will never be better than Brady. I think even if Brees won 4 SB's he would still be seen as a Bradshaw type QB historically. I don't think the NE fans are that vindictive to hate a guy just trying his best, as long as he acts correctly.

Last edited:
Re: If the Packers finish 16-0, I will discontinue my time machine back to Feb 2008..

lol, you didn't . I just joke to much sometimes, its my fault. You think so?
I mean if we won a SB to kill Bradys 4th ring , sure I think that would piss some people off, but you think NE fans would be bothered if Brees got a second ring? I mean if they were not in the SB.
Brees will never be better than Brady. I think even if Brees won 4 SB's he would still be seen as a Bradshaw type QB historically. I don't think the NE fans are that vindictive to hate a guy just trying his best, as long as he acts correctly.

Why couldn't Brees ever be better than Brady? The guy is clearly improving year in & year out. Even Brady wasn't really the Brady he is now for his 1st 5-6 years in the league.

If Brees gets something like 4 rings, he'll certainly be in the conversation w/ the other greats, like Brady.

Last edited:

Are you serious? So you would rather see the packers lose in the sb than have the pats win it? What a great fan you are

Are you unfamiliar with the word almost?

Of course I'd rather see the Pats win, which would also mean the Pack didn't go 19-0.

If the Pats don't win the SB, then my rooting interest will be for the Pack to lose.

If the Pats don't win it, I would like to see a likable team/qb win it such as Aaron Rodgers and the Packers or Drew Brees and the Saints.

For awhile there it was torturous for Pats fans to watch Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, and Eli Manning win the big one.

The NFL Network Special: 10 greatest hunts for perfection

When the NFL network does their top 10 list show on the "greatest hunts for perfection" (can't you already see it?), what will the order be with a 19-0 Pack?

1. 2011 Packers
2. 1972 Dolphins
3. 2007 Patriots
4. 2009 Colts
5. 2009 Saints
6. 1998 Broncos
7. 2005 Colts
etc.

You can hear the announcer: "At number three, Brady and his 2007 Patriots came so close to perfection, ruining six months of victory in the final minutes of the last game..."

You guys are out of your minds

If the Packers go 19-0 it will make people forget about the Pats choke?

No

It will create an endless Rodgers could do it, Brady couldn't stream of articles and discussions. If you're sick of the Rodgers love now, it will only get worse. All of the 19-0 stuff we'll see will be a constant reminder of what almost was, and it will be absolutely terrible. I can't believe some people would actually want this to happen.

I'm with you on this. I rather torture myself watching NFL's Greatest Games: Pats & Giants SB a million times, than to hear the media blab on and on about undefeated, overrated Aaron Rodgers being "The Greatest QB Ever!" This fool is already better than Montana the way the media is riding his ish and he hasn't done anything except play lousy teams.

If Brees wins another SB, he will be better than Brady, because the media is already trying to wipe our minds of Brady's greatness. But that's no problem, I like Brees, I think he's underrated and though he's more accurate than Brady, I still think Brady's the best QB in the game.

Though I hate saying this, I hope the Steelers win it. When they win SBs people('cept their fans) tend to forget and that rapist isn't appealing enough, so Brady will keep his spot.

If Denver or GB wins or even get to the SB, I will boycott the NFL until the season starts again.

I would agree only because the Colts that year had their best team of the Peyton Manning era. They choked much worse than the Patriots that year when arguably the league's second best team of the decade couldn't beat Billy Volek and the Chargers.

However, Baltimore was terrible that year. Pittsburgh was okay. Dallas started out very good, until we played them. Within the division, who were the Patriots QB opponents on the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Although we think of the Pats as invincible, the Packers have now beaten two good teams in close games, the Giants and Saints, and they led those games nearly the entire way. The Pats were in serious danger of losing to the Colts, Eagles, Ravens, and Giants (they trailed the Giants until the late third quarter.) Nor did they exactly dominate the Jags or Chargers in the playoffs.

The Pats were a great team, but a lot of their 593 points came in absolute demolitions of poor teams like the Dolphins, Redskins, and Bills. They just didn't have a ton gameplan versatility because they had Ben Watson as their tight end. They relied on Welker and Moss to create nightmare matchups, but everyone knew they were throwing the ball.

Everyone knew they were throwing but they didn't know who to cover.
Gaffney was pretty good that year and Stallworth was getting it done, Stallworth, IMO helped Moss stay open at times, because when Stallworth left NE, Moss wasn't the same.

They played 6 bad teams and even those teams are better than what's on GB schedule.

Sure, the Ravens and Eagles sucked that year - but the way they played the Patriots, it was hard to tell.

Nobody has played GB like that all year except the Giants and the Giants played them, the same way they've been playing everybody else all year. There's is no comparing and I'm not just talking offensively but defensively as well. GB is a joke.

The pats were the last team to beat the packers

The pats were the last team to beat the packers

I live in Packer country and the b*llwashing of Rodgers and the Pack is awful. This last season brought all the bandwagon fans out of the woodwork. That being said, it is going to be a record setting/breaking season for them. I have little doubt they finish the season 16 - 0 which will give them 22 consecutive wins, besting the Patriot's 21 win record. Personally, I think they go 19-0 and go down as "the greatest team in NFL history".

I also believe Rodgers will at least tie the 50 TD mark, if not surpass it.

I live in Packer country and the b*llwashing of Rodgers and the Pack is awful. This last season brought all the bandwagon fans out of the woodwork. That being said, it is going to be a record setting/breaking season for them. I have little doubt they finish the season 16 - 0 which will give them 22 consecutive wins, besting the Patriot's 21 win record. Personally, I think they go 19-0 and go down as "the greatest team in NFL history".

I also believe Rodgers will at least tie the 50 TD mark, if not surpass it.

Why don't we just end the damn season & hand GB the shiny Lombardi trophy? Brady & Brees shouldn't even bother showing up in the playoffs. It feels good not being the favorite any more. The Packers are the big bad bullies we use to be.

I think the Pats play better as underdogs with something to prove.

If the Packers go 16-0 , so be it. They will become the 2nd team to do it. It will not diminish the Patriots going 16-0 one bit.

They will still have to go 18-0 to tie the Patriots record of most win in one season, but if they do, so be it.

if the packers do go 16 and 0 maybe bob kraft will take that dumb 16 and 0 banner down.

07 was bad. But then I remember 01, 03, 04.

Imagine 07 being a Bills fan.

I don't even give a ****. After losing the SB it doesn't matter.

Some of you "fans" are unreal. The Giants were and had been my most hated team for over 40 years. It really hurt to lose to them in the SB and the way the Patriots lost hurt even more.

However, I'm able to get over it and look at what a great accomplishment for the Patriots to have gone 16-0. There should be a banner recongnizing that year.

I know that some "fans" love to wallow in negativity and seem to be not happy unless they are unhappy about something. But there are others that I am surprised to see them thinking the 16-0 banner is stupid. Just can't figure it out.

that season was the most fun i ever had watching any sport. In the end the giants were a serious contender, their regular season standings had super bowl caliber written all over them.

pats ranked 1pts scored 1yds 4pts allowed 4yds allowed

giants ranked 3pts scored 7yds 5pts allowed 5yds allowed

At least it wasn't a blowout, TB showed a lot of guts the way he got harassed and kept plugging away pulling off a clutch drive in the final minutes. kids a warrior.

Even if they go 19-0, I will still consider the 07 Pats better but unfortunately the world won't. Their schedule has been ridiculously easy compared to the 07 Pats. Pats had to go through Indianapolis, Dallas and Baltimore ON THE ROAD. Also faced Pittsburgh at home..

You have to seal the deal to be considered better, really. What's amazing to me is that this Packers' team has, statistically, one of the worst defenses in the league and they're still going to go undefeated (in the regular season). Amazing. You'd think they'd have one or two games where their offense just can't score enough points and they lose 27-24 or something. But no......

Still, I want to see GB run the playoff gauntlet of Dallas, New Orleans, and New England....see if their defense can stop any of those teams. If they can pull that off, they certainly deserve to be undefeated champs.

What makes you a real "fan"? Is it judging other people's 'fandom' and pointing out that they are less fans than you?

you the thread psychologist?:rolleyes:

Some of you "fans" are unreal. The Giants were and had been my most hated team for over 40 years. It really hurt to lose to them in the SB and the way the Patriots lost hurt even more.

However, I'm able to get over it and look at what a great accomplishment for the Patriots to have gone 16-0. There should be a banner recongnizing that year.

I know that some "fans" love to wallow in negativity and seem to be not happy unless they are unhappy about something. But there are others that I am surprised to see them thinking the 16-0 banner is stupid. Just can't figure it out.
you don't get a trophy for going 16 and 0. nice accomplishment but it doesn't deserve a banner. its got nothing to do with negativity. i prefer to look at things as they are instead of suger coating it. the only way 16 and 0 means anything is if they won the sb. im over the loss now take that embarrassing banner down. i don't think your over losing the 07 sb thats why you hang onto a 16 and 0 banner. a fist rate top of the line great franchise like the pats hangs sb banners period.

Last edited:

that season was the most fun i ever had watching any sport. In the end the giants were a serious contender, their regular season standings had super bowl caliber written all over them.

pats ranked 1pts scored 1yds 4pts allowed 4yds allowed

giants ranked 3pts scored 7yds 5pts allowed 5yds allowed

At least it wasn't a blowout, TB showed a lot of guts the way he got harassed and kept plugging away pulling off a clutch drive in the final minutes. kids a warrior.

Giants offense was 13th in yards and 14th in points
Giants defense was 7th in yards and 17th in points

That game was a statistical mismatch. Should never have been close enough for a missed call, dropped int or miracle catch to make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes