PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Tebow hits the trade market

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gimmick player? I suppose that's one way to look at it. Another way would be to say that he'd be a long-term project with more potential than either Hoyer or Mallett, is less than a year older than Mallett, and has already shown the ability to win games in the NFL.

I view his utility here NOW as a gimmick player. In that, I'm assuming that Mallett is worthy of the backup/upside potential QB slot which leaves Tebow as the OP suggested someone McD would find a creative use for. This to me is a luxury, certainly not worth trading for. Prefer to see staff focused on solving the real position issues that need fixing for us to improve out playoff averages.

It's actually pretty fun to imagine what you could do with Brady and Tebow on the field at the same time. That alone would be enough to drive DCs crazy with all the possibilities

But I'd say there's a lot of teams out there in need of a better QB and looking to sell tickets and generate interest, and in the short term Tebow may be worth a significant amount to them

Last edited:
Gimmick player? I suppose that's one way to look at it. Another way would be to say that he'd be a long-term project with more potential than either Hoyer or Mallett, is less than a year older than Mallett, and has already shown the ability to win games in the NFL.

He has shown the ability to win in the NFL when the coaches go to a college offense, Mallett has much more potential as a pro style QB. I would never trade Mallett for Tebow.

Tebow has no security blanket(a great TE) in Denver. Fox just runs the ball 99% of the time in 1st down and 90% in 2nd down, then Tebow more often than not finds himself in 3rd and longs, and the convertion percentage in NFL of 3rd and longs is pretty poor, thats why he has such a poor passing %.

A great TE for Tebow would certainly increase his pass%.

I think Tebow would be a good addition to the patriots, he is a gamer and a baller after all. he wouldn't play quarterback, but im sure josh could find a role for him, teams would be pretty damn confused when the ball gets direct snapped to Tebow in the backfield and you have Gronk, Hernandez, Welker and Lloyd running routes, i mean just what the hell do you do about THAT?

He would have to take a huge pay-cut and rebuild himself as a football player rather than a quarterback, he would need to eat a whole lot of humble pie, but if there is any player who would, it would be Tebow.

I mean Josh will likely Bring Lloyd, he might be able to Bring Tebow as well, the only guy who has the faith to draft him.

I'm not in the hate Tebow or Tebow is a poor excuse for a player crowd, however the Pats are not stupid enough to urinate away draft pick(s) for a player where they have no serious need. Fix OLB, safety, DE, DL backup for Wilfy, center of the future, wide receiver. Don't go after a gimmick player which is what he'd be with the Pats.

"Pats would be interested" NFW! A really stupid idea.

I wouldn't be so sure.

They traded picks for Derrick Burgess, Ocho and others. Picks are commodities and can only be viewed in tandem with UDFA and FA signings, among other things. BB will trade picks for players he wants. He likes Tebow and I'm sure part of it is his versatility. Versatility is part of how the Pats win. He can run, pass and catch, and in some situations, that's very useful.

haha, Hoyer for him? No way! Hoyer has way more value.

As for Jacksonville, they should probably do it for the ticket sales alone-- but he and Gabbert are both unlikely to get them anywhere.

I wouldn't be so sure.

They traded picks for Derrick Burgess, Ocho and others. Picks are commodities and can only be viewed in tandem with UDFA and FA signings, among other things. BB will trade picks for players he wants. He likes Tebow and I'm sure part of it is his versatility. Versatility is part of how the Pats win. He can run, pass and catch, and in some situations, that's very useful.

If they can't trade him they will cut him, assuming they sign Manning, of course.
There is no need or even realistic role for Tebow that would make the Patriots want to give something up to risk losing him to someone else.
Do you really think he has any value here? Doing what?

I view his utility here NOW as a gimmick player. In that, I'm assuming that Mallett is worthy of the backup/upside potential QB slot which leaves Tebow as the OP suggested someone McD would find a creative use for. This to me is a luxury, certainly not worth trading for. Prefer to see staff focused on solving the real position issues that need fixing for us to improve out playoff averages.

I view his utility now as a guy who can take a 4 win team and get it to 8 wins. I view Mallett's utility now as a guy who can bring Brady a cool cup of water.

I think Tebow would be a good addition to the patriots, he is a gamer and a baller after all. he wouldn't play quarterback, but im sure josh could find a role for him, teams would be pretty damn confused when the ball gets direct snapped to Tebow in the backfield and you have Gronk, Hernandez, Welker and Lloyd running routes, i mean just what the hell do you do about THAT?

He would have to take a huge pay-cut and rebuild himself as a football player rather than a quarterback, he would need to eat a whole lot of humble pie, but if there is any player who would, it would be Tebow.

I mean Josh will likely Bring Lloyd, he might be able to Bring Tebow as well, the only guy who has the faith to draft him.

If McDaniels could come up with these unstoppable uses for Tebow, why didn't he use them in Denver?

I view his utility now as a guy who can take a 4 win team and get it to 8 wins. I view Mallett's utility now as a guy who can bring Brady a cool cup of water.

My how short-sighted of you:)

If McDaniels could come up with these unstoppable uses for Tebow, why didn't he use them in Denver?

Mcdaniels didnt have Tom Brady in Denver, if they put Tebow at the halfback position and handed the ball of to him, had him block or direct snapped to Tebow, a proven NFL passer, teams wouldn't know what to think, the only downside is that you'd need Tebow to be your running back consistently for this to work, because the 4 receivers out there wouldn't come off of the field very often.

Mcdaniels didnt have Tom Brady in Denver, if they put Tebow at the halfback position and handed the ball of to him, had him block or direct snapped to Tebow, a proven NFL passer, teams wouldn't know what to think, the only downside is that you'd need Tebow to be your running back consistently for this to work, because the 4 receivers out there wouldn't come off of the field very often.

He couldn't do that with Kyle Orton standing next to him?

Tim Tebow wants to play quarterback, not Runningback, he isnt going to stand behind Kyle Orton and concede the position to him.

Coming to NE would be different, no team except maybe Jacksonville would want Tebow at quarterback either, and it depends on whether Tebow wants to play quarterback for a team who isnt going anywhere or rebuild himself as a piece of a great patriots team with great players around him and coaches who believe in him, if Tebow rebuilt himself as a great football player, the sky is the limit for him in NE, Josh Mcdaniels believed he could play Quarterback in the NFL, with the YAC offense in place and a couple of years in the patriots system, Tebow could become good enough to replace Brady in his later years.

Belichick loves Tebow, Mcdaniels drafted tebow, he is a hard worker who will do anything to win, if the Broncos get rid of him, i could see him coming here. thats all.

Last edited:
Tim Tebow wants to play quarterback, not Runningback, he isnt going to stand behind Kyle Orton and concede the position to him.

Coming to NE would be different, no team except maybe Jacksonville would want Tebow at quarterback either, and it depends on whether Tebow wants to play quarterback for a team who isnt going anywhere or rebuild himself as a piece of a great patriots team with great players around him and coaches who believe in him, if Tebow rebuilt himself as a great football player, the sky is the limit for him in NE, Josh Mcdaniels believed he could play Quarterback in the NFL, with the YAC offense in place and a couple of years in the patriots system, Tebow could become good enough to replace Brady.

Read your first sentence, realize that Tebow took a crap team to 8 wins and a playoff victory last season, and then ask yourself why the hell Tebow would want to start playing running back, even temporarily. Practice time spent at RB would be practice time not spent at QB, after all.

I dont really know tebow and neither do you, but by all reports he is a hard worker who will do anything to win.

Denver desperately wants to get rid of him, they dont want to him play quarterback for them anymore, if the Broncos sign manning or the broncos find someone else to play quarterback for them, tebow will probably be released.

then what?

Tebow has to decide if he wants to go to a team like jacksonville and sell tickets and be forgotten about as they lose 10 games each season or remake himself in a place where he could have a bright future.

I dont know if tebow would ever be willing to play any position other than quarterback, but if he wants to continue to play in the NFL he should consider it. and i cant think of a better place for him to play a position other than quarterback than here.

Josh Mcdaniels thought he could play QB in the NFL, and as the heir apparent to Bill Belichick, Tebow do so once again years down the road.

Last edited:

Coming to NE would be different, no team except maybe Jacksonville would want Tebow at quarterback either, and it depends on whether Tebow wants to play quarterback for a team who isnt going anywhere or rebuild himself as a piece of a great patriots team with great players around him and coaches who believe in him, if Tebow rebuilt himself as a great football player, the sky is the limit for him in NE, Josh Mcdaniels believed he could play Quarterback in the NFL, with the YAC offense in place and a couple of years in the patriots system, Tebow could become good enough to replace Brady in his later years.

Belichick loves Tebow, Mcdaniels drafted tebow, he is a hard worker who will do anything to win, if the Broncos get rid of him, i could see him coming here. thats all.

Is your argument that McDaniels had great plans to use Tebow as a RB in Denver but since Kyle Orton was the QB it would have been an embarrassment to Tebow to play RB as a rookie, so he refused and sat on the bench pouting? But instead he would choose to go to a team where he has no chance of playing QB so he can embrace the position change to RB?

I don't think Denver is getting rid of Tebow and I don't believe they are really interested in Manning either. It's all about publicity. A legitimate threat to Tebow's job causes the media[who are already at this point just looking for any excuse to talk about Tebow] to go mad and hype up Manning-Tebow-mania. As long as Tebow is selling tickets, selling papers in Denver and going all Hollywood with Taylor Swift or Katy Perry, he is staying put. John Elway may wanna win but he's also supposedly a business man as well. A rusty and old Peyton Manning, who's neck/nerves haven't been tested on the field yet is not the answer right now.

As for Tebow in NE, I doubt Brady is allowing that to happen and I doubt Tebow is playing RB, not enough attention in that position. There's not enough cameras on the field for both men and their celebrity status.

If they can't trade him they will cut him, assuming they sign Manning, of course.
There is no need or even realistic role for Tebow that would make the Patriots want to give something up to risk losing him to someone else.
Do you really think he has any value here? Doing what?

Plying QB, RBI, wing back, WR - mostly while TB is on the fields.

Imagine NE lining up in a single wing with Brady, Tebow, hernandez, Gronk Welker and Lloyd on the field. How would you defend that? You'd never get out of a base D. And that's just for starters.

Plying QB, RBI, wing back, WR - mostly while TB is on the fields.

Imagine NE lining up in a single wing with Brady, Tebow, hernandez, Gronk Welker and Lloyd on the field. How would you defend that? You'd never get out of a base D. And that's just for starters.

Oops, I thought we were talking about the NFL, not a dream you once had.
Why would you take a QB and play him at RB, WR, wing back when you can play RBs, WRs and TEs there? And did you just day he should take snaps away from Brady?
Good grief. I get that you love Tebow, but my God, lets put him at positions he can't play because he's a nice guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News