PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Tebow hits the trade market

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wonder about people when i see threads like this........

Is your argument that McDaniels had great plans to use Tebow as a RB in Denver but since Kyle Orton was the QB it would have been an embarrassment to Tebow to play RB as a rookie, so he refused and sat on the bench pouting? But instead he would choose to go to a team where he has no chance of playing QB so he can embrace the position change to RB?

Im not going to explain for a third time why Tebow might consider coming here, you are either an idiot or you don't know how to read, either way you arent worth wasting any more of my time on.

so as Tiger Woods would say; 'Have a good day'.

Im not going to explain for a third time why Tebow might consider coming here, you are either an idiot or you don't know how to read, either way you arent worth wasting any more of my time on.

so as Tiger Woods would say; 'Have a good day'.

Perhaps you should work on expressing yourself more clearly instead of calling people idiots.
In any event, the real idiot would be the guy who has to turn a football discussion into personal insults.
I will remember in the future that you have no interest in backing up the nonsense you post so I can avoid wasting my time.

I'm sorry that it is so difficult for you to comprehend the scenarios i am trying to explain to you, it is evident that no matter how hard i try, it will be impossible for you to grasp the concept of my point, therefore i must suggest that you GFY and preferably also DIAF.

Thanks.

Oops, I thought we were talking about the NFL, not a dream you once had.
Why would you take a QB and play him at RB, WR, wing back when you can play RBs, WRs and TEs there? And did you just day he should take snaps away from Brady?
Good grief. I get that you love Tebow, but my God, lets put him at positions he can't play because he's a nice guy?

I realize that you are a mod, but do you really have to be such an *******? You treat everyone like they know nothing and you know everything. Unless you coached in the NFL, you really have no right to be so arrogant.

The single wing was used to make a point. Even in an ancient formation an OC more talented than me ( which is every one of them in the NFL) could find ways to use this combination. That said, the wildcat and shotgun spring from a single wing and are modified versions of it. You play a QB at wr because you want to have options and keep the defense guessing. Same thing at RB - if you're not sure where the play starts - how do you defend the play? Dave Lee used something similar against the Pats years in 2008 and the Dolphins embarrassed the Patriots.

I actually don't love Tebow. And I wasn't discussing my opinion but what the Pats might do. BB and McDaniels like him though and that counts for a lot more than my opinion. Or yours.

I really wonder about people when i see threads like this........

I know, it makes me laugh how people like Andy Johnson and serifyn act on these forums.

I realize that you are a mod, but do you really have to be such an *******? You treat everyone like they know nothing and you know everything. Unless you coached in the NFL, you really have no right to be so arrogant.
I second this. When I first joined this forum he didn't annoy me so much, but I've noticed more and more how arrogant he is. I understand your a mod AndyJohnson, but get a reality check. You're NOT Bill Bellichick.

I'm sorry that it is so difficult for you to comprehend the scenarios i am trying to explain to you, it is evident that no matter how hard i try, it will be impossible for you to grasp the concept of my point, therefore i must suggest that you GFY and preferably also DIAF.

Thanks.

Sorry that I asked a question in order to understand your point that still makes no sense to me. Guess I will just move on.

I know, it makes me laugh how people like Andy Johnson and serifyn act on these forums.

Im not going out of my way to act one way or another, but i have a low tolerance for people who need every single detail explained to them.

Tebow is a good football player, he would be an asset to the patriots and the stars are aligning that it could potentially become a reality, that is my point, im sorry that i cant elaborate on that more without having to explain myself four and a half times to a mod.

Last edited:
Im not going out of my way to act one way or another, but i have a low tolerance for people who need every single detail explained to them.

Tebow is a good football player, he would be an asset to the patriots and the stars are aligning that it could potentially become a possibility, that is my point, im sorry that i cant elaborate on that more without having to explain myself four and a half times to a mod.

Look, you gotta realize AndyJohnson argues and disagrees with everyone. I would just simply ignore his opinion if you don't like it, and move on.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with being a mod. I found the idea of signing a QB to play WR and RB and TE to be a bad one. Sorry your feelings were hurt. It is not arrogant to disagree.

The single wing was used to make a point. Even in an ancient formation an OC more talented than me ( which is every one of them in the NFL) could find ways to use this combination. That said, the wildcat and shotgun spring from a single wing and are modified versions of it.
I understand that, but we have never pursued the wildcat. Just because something is an idea doesn't mean its viable.

You play a QB at wr because you want to have options and keep the defense guessing. Same thing at RB - if you're not sure where the play starts - how do you defend the play? Dave Lee used something similar against the Pats years in 2008 and the Dolphins embarrassed the Patriots.
Its a gimmick, and its been solved. We don't typically resort to gimmicks, we put the ball in Tom Bradys hands.

I actually don't love Tebow. And I wasn't discussing my opinion but what the Pats might do. BB and McDaniels like him though and that counts for a lot more than my opinion. Or yours.
We know BB is fond of him, but we have no real clue of what he thinks of his as a football player, much less at different positions.
McDaniels drafted him, but never used him that role, and kept him on the bench for most of the time he was there.

Sorry you were offended by my post, it just seems like you started with Tebow, made up some things for him to do that he has never done, then assumed that would fit the Patriots.
I don't claim to be the only one who can be right, but my opinion is my opinion.

Look, you gotta realize AndyJohnson argues and disagrees with everyone. I would just simply ignore his opinion if you don't like it, and move on.

That is fine. If you wish to discuss, do so. If you wish to not, then don't. I'm not sure how much debate can happen if we only enter a discussion that we agree with.
Is there something wrong with discussing differing viewpoints?

I second this. When I first joined this forum he didn't annoy me so much, but I've noticed more and more how arrogant he is. I understand your a mod AndyJohnson, but get a reality check. You're NOT Bill Bellichick.

I never claimed I was, and I never said my opinion has any more value than yours.
I don't know why it is arrogant of me to disagree and state my case, while the other person who disagrees and states their case is some sort of victim.
If you don't like me, that is fine, but if you don't want me to respond to what you say about me, don't say anything about me. We should be fine then, no?

That is fine. If you wish to discuss, do so. If you wish to not, then don't. I'm not sure how much debate can happen if we only enter a discussion that we agree with.
Is there something wrong with discussing differing viewpoints?

I won't argue about this, but no, but you shouldn't be declaring everyone else's opinion's as worthless. But, let's not start on anything else off topic here...moving on...

I do think there are a few teams that would take in Tebow though in a trade. One that definately comes to mind is Jacksonville. The Jags could use someone to give Gabbert some competition, and Tebow would love playing there as well I'm sure considering he went to Florida and grew up in Florida. It would just seem like a great fit. Another team would be Miami if they lose out on Manning and Flynn.

If Denver is going to trade him they should trade him to the Jags. That region would support them more with Tebow in there and Gabbert certainly looks like he has a long way to go and might never get there.

As a Patriot Tebow would get the best practice player on weeks they needed somebody to mock a mobile QB. I know BB and Josh both love the kid but he really doesn't have a spot on this team.

I won't argue about this, but no, but you shouldn't be declaring everyone else's opinion's as worthless.
Please show me where I did that? Just because I disagree strongly doesn't mean I say my opinion is better than theirs. Of course I think I am right, because I formed that opinion.

I do think there are a few teams that would take in Tebow though in a trade. One that definately comes to mind is Jacksonville. The Jags could use someone to give Gabbert some competition, and Tebow would love playing there as well I'm sure considering he went to Florida and grew up in Florida. It would just seem like a great fit. Another team would be Miami if they lose out on Manning and Flynn.
I keep hearing Jacksonville, but they just invested the 9th pick on a QB and started him as a rookie. If they were going to consider giving up on him, I doubt it would be for someone who was worse throwing the ball last year.
I think that Miami has a lot of QBs higher on their list than Tebow.

It may be where we disagree is you consider Tebow a viable starting NFL QB (?) and I think that there are no teams out there that see him that way.

Please show me where I did that? Just because I disagree strongly doesn't mean I say my opinion is better than theirs.

I won't because I'm not arguing with you.

Why in the world would the Patriots trade for what would be a 4th string QB who can't throw and can't read a defense.

Why in the world would the Patriots trade for what would be a 4th string QB who can't throw and can't read a defense.

because, somehow, Mike Tannenbaum has invaded BB's body and is now pulling the strings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back