PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Tebow hits the trade market

Status
Not open for further replies.
because, somehow, Mike Tannenbaum has invaded BB's body and is now pulling the strings?

Which reminds me, how about the Jets?? ;)

Last edited:
Why in the world would the Patriots trade for what would be a 4th string QB who can't throw and can't read a defense.

Because he's a winner! Intangibles. Work ethic.

If the price is right I have a feeling that BB and McD will find a spot for this guy. Not that I agree with it. I didn't think Tebow should be drafted in the first round but it happened.

He would have to be willing to play other positions while learning how to be a QB.

I haven't read the 7-page thread, so forgive me if it's been mentioned, but if Tebow is going to be traded, I think there is essentially one possible destination for him: Jacksonville. Why?

(1) They made a mistake in Gabbert and have no real QB.
(2) They have the type of offense that would fit Tebow well: very strong running game (MJD, good run-blocking OL).
(3) They have a solid D, the kind that can keep them in games.
(4) They have a terrific kicker in Scobee who can hit from very deep (like Prater).
(5) He would instantly sell tons of tickets in northern Florida, where Tebow is a god.
(6) No other team has a need or a desire for a read-option, sub-.500 passing QB.

Jags still have the leverage over Denver, so all they give up is a 3rd round pick. That's worth it in terms of $$ they bring in with the move. They have lots of cap space, so with the extra cash they know is coming in, they could add a nice FA wide receiver to give Tebow his next Demarius Thomas, load up on defensive players and hope to make the playoffs with Tebow, a dominant running game, and a top-5 defense.

Bidding with Jacksonville or anyone else who wants him for non-football reasons (FILLING SEATS, PEOPLE) is just crazy. If he were instead released, I would say sure, give him a look, for football reasons.

The football reasons have to do with his skill set that may translate to other positions: fullback, tight end, H back, special teams, and his leadership qualities.

Since transitioning to another position is a great big maybe, it is not something you would trade much for.

no interest at all......for any position including team chaplain

Because he's a winner! Intangibles. Work ethic.

If the price is right I have a feeling that BB and McD will find a spot for this guy. Not that I agree with it. I didn't think Tebow should be drafted in the first round but it happened.

He would have to be willing to play other positions while learning how to be a QB.

If he has such a great work ethic than why hasn't he learned how to throw a football or read a defense? If he was such a hard worker, wouldn't he be better at his craft?

If he has such a great work ethic than why hasn't he learned how to throw a football or read a defense? If he was such a hard worker, wouldn't he be better at his craft?

There are plenty of hard workers who can't throw a football or read a defense at the elite level required to be a successful passer in the NFL. Talent matters.

Last edited:
I think there would be a trade market for him among each of the Florida teams. There were a lot of empty seats in Miami, J'ville and TB this year. The GMs of those teams may not want him, but the owners would.

I also think that if he were to make it to NE, then JM and BB would figure out ways to take advantage of his talents. Doubt it will happen, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it did.

There are plenty of hard workers who can't throw a football or read a defense at the elite level required to be a successful passer in the NFL. Talent matters.

If you're saying Tebow doesn't have the talent to play QB at the NFL level, I agree.

If you're saying there are a lot of hardworking people in the general population who can't throw a football or read a defense, I agree with that too, although I don't think it's necessary to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back