Asking for your support

Who do you want to face in the SB

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think if you guys make it to the sb, you'll face new orleans

i get the sense that they're just going to flip a switch in january

Last edited:
I want to play whoever is the best in the AFC. I don't want any crying and moaning about "oh our team was better but..." nonsense. I want to play the best they have because I know we will beat them no matter who they bring.

The Giants, my only wish is that they were undefeated.

There is no level of misery that could be inflicted on the Giants and their fans that would quench the thirst of my revenge!

The New York Football Giants is the only team I'd like to see there to excise the demons of 2007 by about 35 points. It would be great to see the other Manning throw three or four picks and for Brady to march up and down on them at Cowboys Stadium.

Like the majority, I voted for a Pats - Jints revenge rematch.
However, I'm still rooting for the Vikings Monday night, even if it hurts the status of our 3rd-round pick,
that's how much I despise ShEli & NJ.

I also wouldn't mind a rematch vs. our other 2 SB victors, the Packers or Bears,
though by all rights, we should've had our revenge against the latter 2 already.

Saints or Giants. I know a lot of you want revenge against the Giants for 2007 but it won't be the same. Nobody will look back 100 years from now and be impressed with us beating a mediocre Giants team. We will never get back what we lost in 2007.

Although a 56-3 thrashing of Eli would be enjoyable, I will admit.

I'd rather beat the Saints. They are the best and the defending champs.

I'd be fine with the Falcons, Saints, Giants, or Eagles.

Falcons because I respect what they're doing and think it would be a great game (plus BC's Matt Ryan).

Saints because they say they modeled themselves after the Patriots super bowl teams. Would be a great clash of old vs. new (or new vs. new old?).

Giants because REVENGE!

Eagles because beating Vick would be sweet.

Giants.

Revenge. Pure and simple.

Anybody but the Saints. Too many WRs who can make plays!

Im happy with anyone else really.

Probably either the Bears or the Giants for the sake of 'avenging' historical losses. The Bears dished the Pats their most humiliating and lopsided loss ever in the SB but that was a long time ago. The Giants broke Pats fans hearts in 2007. I dunno, I think the Pats have 'tamed' the Bears. But I'm not sure I enjoy the prospect of facing the Giants again. What if the Pats OL craps the bed?

Well this is a different team to be sure though. I think the 2010 Pats team is better constructed in terms of its athleticism on defense and a very flexible, more balanced, and harder to stop offense than even the 2007 juggernaut. The 2007 team didn't run the ball nearly as effectively and if the run got stonewalled then it was easier for teams to load up to stop the pass. If the Pats faced the Giants again, I think they would beat them with this edition. I haven't really been tracking the 2010 Giants but I don't think their DL is nearly as dominant as the 2007 version without the presence of Strahan. It's still a strength of their team but not nearly on the same level. And I don't think miracle catches will happen for the Giants twice in a row. Plus this time the Pats would put it out of doubt for such theatrics.

Now the Saints I think would be the most exciting matchup to watch. Both Brees and Brady can sling it. That would be a really high scoring affair. A very dramatic game to watch. Might be the best Superbowl to watch in a while. Both defenses specialize in turnovers even if they give up lots of yardage and their share of scores. So now that I think about it, I'd change my vote to Saints now if I had to do it again.

Last edited:
I guess I just don't get some of the answers in this thread. The goal is to win the game, not to play a really good team and battle it out. If it were possible, I'd want them to face the 2008 Lions.

Easily the Giants.
The Falcons, Saints and Eagles would provide good games, but I want to watch Eli cry.

I guess I just don't get some of the answers in this thread. The goal is to win the game, not to play a really good team and battle it out. If it were possible, I'd want them to face the 2008 Lions.

And that is why no one will remember your name...

brad-pitt-in-troy.jpg

Haha, just wanted an excuse to use that line.

I would like to face the Eagles, because you know the Super Bowl coverage would center around Mike Vick. That would leave Philly getting all of the attention while the Pats and slide under the radar.

Every vote on this board should be for the Giants.

Honestly, I would rather not have spend two weeks watching replays of David Tyree.

Even if we did beat the Giants, that would be absolutely awesome, but they still would have won the Super Bowl that had more meaning (the perfect season).

I'd rather this team maintain its own identity, not have to deal with ghosts of the past, and play a different team.

I want to see Patriots/Eagles. Brady vs. Vick for all the marbles. May the best man win

And that is why no one will remember your name...

brad-pitt-in-troy.jpg

Haha, just wanted an excuse to use that line.

Vinnie+Jones+lock_stock.jpg

"Now there are two types of balls. There are big brave balls, and there are little mincey ***got balls". Bullet Tooth Tony - Snatch.

Seems appropriate at this juncture ;).

Last edited:
I don't know which team I would want them to play, but, taking a lesson from XLII, I do know that i wouldn't want them playing the "hot team." This year, I worry about the Saints in that regard. Even though they could win out and still only be a Wildcard, I wouldn't want to face an SB-experienced team, "on a roll" and "on a mission" to win two in a row with Drew Brees at the controls and with our still inexperienced, if vastly improved, D.

As for the debate about whether we should want to focus on making history by beating a very good team in a titanic battle or on just winning the SB, the history would already be there in winning number four for Brady and Belichick. It wouldn't make much of a difference in whom we would beat and so I would prefer the team against which we match up best, that isn't "on a roll" or "a mission." I haven't had a chance to figure that out just yet.

Last edited:
You know our vote, we want Brees and Brady on the same field, and good fans to share it with. An even fight and a good ball game.
With me being a New Orleans native this would be my dream SB. I don't think my heart will make it through the actual game. A Pats vs Saints SB wouldn't be for the faint of heart.

co-sign. The Pats would beat Seattle by 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News