PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Adam signs with GB...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I'll be pretty disappointed in him, and for him. The Packers are in BIG-TIME rebuilding mode, I don't care how close he is to their VP in charge of whatever. GB has NO SHOT at the playoffs, let alone a Super Bowl, for the next few years.

I want the guy to stay, but I expect if he goes it'll be to a contender, like Dallas. Green Bay would clearly be just a money thing, and I can't imagine their offer would be so much better to the point of the Pats being "priced out." I can't even believe GB would bother throwing a big $$$ offer at a kicker. They are SO far away, what would be the point?

Last edited:
Why not??? They may be on the rebuild..but?? Dallas might make more sense..but?? Smehow I think AV stays here...just a GUT feeling..maybe totally wrong..but that is what I am thinking now.

Longwell set the price

IMO, the Ryan Longwell signing set the price on kickers. And except for a SB I think AV has already been offered more by the Patriots to stay.

I think he'd be foolish not to, since the endorsement money is all here too...

AzPatsFan said:
IMO, the Ryan Longwell signing set the price on kickers. And except for a SB I think AV has already been offered more by the Patriots to stay.

I think he'd be foolish not to, since the endorsement money is all here too...

Adams endorsement money is worth about 500/M per year. We are going to have to match length of competitive deal, bonus money and come within 250/M - IF, that is, IF we get last look.

I don't ever questoin BB/SP - but, what am I missing here? What have they got planned?? I do not believe they misread the market and would possibly allow themselves to be in such a weak position relative to the kicking game.Surely they do not want to face a season of kicker paranoia? Or am I over the top on this one and it's just not as bleak as it seems??

South Dakota (Vinatieri's birth state) is where he was a major sports star in like 3 or 4 sports. BTW he was born in Yankton, SD...how is that for irony.

South Dakota is 1 state (Minn) west of Wisconsin...Yankton is @570 miles west of Lambeau Field...just some cheese for thought.

Would he take less to play there??? If he indeed takes this path, who could fault him?

Last edited:
Have you thought about the idea of teams have resigned their own kickers and haven't waited around for Adam V. because they know he's going to resign with the Patriots?

With Longwell gone, Adam's stock must have risen even higher just from a supply and demand issue. It would be interesting to see what the final terms of the deal were for Longwell.

who is available after AV, Edinger (couldn't kick indoors), Peterson, (sp) no thanks, Vanderjerk (head case)

If AV leaves I would tender josh brown from seattle. There is nobody available in the draft.

I have a feeling av is looking between INDY, Dallas, GB

so we'll see I for one don't think he'll be back

patsox23 said:
I'll be pretty disappointed in him, and for him. The Packers are in BIG-TIME rebuilding mode, I don't care how close he is to their VP in charge of whatever. GB has NO SHOT at the playoffs, let alone a Super Bowl, for the next few years.

* The Packers, IMO, would be better off spending thier cash elsewhere. Adam's calling card is clutch kicking in big games. What's he gonna do for the Pack this year? Hit the FG that helps get them to 8-8?

my guess is AV has 3 superbowl rings, a record here.. i guess he figures whats left to prove? only reason i can think for why he'd want to leave.. or something happened here..

I'm not one to get too personally offended by where an athlete signs, but if Adam Vinatieri goes to the Colts, I will be really shocked. It may be the ONE thing he could possibly do that would make me resent him.

Going to the Colts and if they fail again next year would be a black mark on Adam's career. He could go to any other team that fails to win the SB with no problem...but the Colts and if they fail again...now that will be ugly.

F.B.N. said:
Going to the Colts and if they fail again next year would be a black mark on Adam's career. He could go to any other team that fails to win the SB with no problem...but the Colts and if they fail again...now that will be ugly.

Kickers have a hard time as it is to get considered for the Hall of Fame. If he goes to the Colts and doesn't win with that high powered offense, his chances of entering the HoF whether he cares about this or not will certainly diminish in my point of view. There are just too many voters out there who don't think that Kickers belong in the Hall.

F.B.N. said:
South Dakota (Vinatieri's birth state) is where he was a major sports star in like 3 or 4 sports. BTW he was born in Yankton, SD...how is that for irony.

South Dakota is 1 state (Minn) west of Wisconsin...Yankton is @570 miles west of Lambeau Field...just some cheese for thought.

Would he take less to play there??? If he indeed takes this path, who could fault him?

I love the whole "he wants to play closer to home spin" that is a bunch of crap. It is always who pays the most that counts. Remember Roger Clemens?

In the end I think BB needs to get things straight with Adam before both sides lose on this deal.

I want to keep seeing Adam every time I go in a Papa Ginos!

How much $ did Longwell get?

shakadave said:
I want to keep seeing Adam every time I go in a Papa Ginos!

How much $ did Longwell get?

$10m for 5 years. $3m signing bonus

The other consideration for those who believe Adam would sign with Green Bay because he wants to be "closer to home" is that he no longer lives there and hasn't in some time.

His permanent home is now in Florida, which is further from Wisconsin than New England. That is where he spends his offseasons.

Warren94 said:
who is available after AV, Edinger (couldn't kick indoors), Peterson, (sp) no thanks, Vanderjerk (head case)

If AV leaves I would tender josh brown from seattle. There is nobody available in the draft.

I have a feeling av is looking between INDY, Dallas, GB

so we'll see I for one don't think he'll be back

Unfortunately, I think you're right on th emark. If Indy thinks that a kicker is the only reason that they lost (ignoring the obvious...) then I can see them overpaying for AV, IF they can find the cap space....
Dallas is on the cusp and Parcells has history with Adam having signed him and kept him over Bahr (?) when he first came into the league. Either team give him a chance to go back to the playoffs and maybe the Super Bowl again.
Green Bay makes no sense unless it's a purely financial decision and a desire to be closer to home. Why would GB overpay for a kicker? It's not like that's the missing piece for them when they have so many holes on defense that need to be addressed.....
I hope he resigns but if he doesn't it will be like what I tell my son when he complains about bad refereeing at a sporting event, " don't put yourself in a position where one bad call can make a difference". The Pats will have to score more points so hopefully the games don't come down to a last second field goal with a questionable kicker -whoever replaces AV....

Just my $0.02,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents