PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts: Part 2 - Rex eposed.....FINALLY, we hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm agreeing with you. It's a great idea. So who's got a pro probowl corner that can be had for a fourth this year?
Why assume it needs to be a "Pro Bowl" corner?

14. Dion Lewis has to be the FA find of the off season. Has any FA made more of an impact on their new team over their first 2 games. 270 all purpose yds in the first 2 games. WHO has done better than that. Them more I look at him the more he reminds me of Danny Woodhead As of now I put him as Brady's 3rd most important target.

As for the fumbles. I have a theory. I was surprised when Bill put him right in after his 2nd fumble of the year. THAT's not consistent with what we've seen over the years. Of course we are all wondering why? Ther are only 2 possible reasons. One is that he might have felt he had no other option, but that's not true because Cadet was available and even caught 2 passes. The other is that Bill saw the fumble on replay and decided Lewis hadn't done anything physically wrong in his ball security techniques. That fact is that sometimes you don't do ANYTIHNG wrong and ball still comes out,. It's a great play by the defense, rather than a bad play by the runner. It WILL be interesting to watch going forward,.

I think both of his fumbles (one in each game) were the result of vicious hits. He got pasted both times and the ball was directly hit both times. It's still something to watch, because opponents will key on that, but still, I don't think either time he was careless.

I think both of his fumbles (one in each game) were the result of vicious hits. He got pasted both times and the ball was directly hit both times. It's still something to watch, because opponents will key on that, but still, I don't think either time he was careless.

According to a quote of his, Lewis disagrees. He cited issues of running too upright and of not getting 2 hands on the ball.

That's what they should have been doing from the start. You could tell in camp Fletcher would have issues with top receivers like Watkins. It was the same thing as Browner was only 3 inches shorter. They rarely would ask Browner to do what they've asked Fletcher to do several times in the first 2 games......with predictable results. If I were being critical, I have the blame the scheme more than the player. The staff should know better JMHO

I think they were so worried about Clay and McCoy in the middle of the field (look at the multiple wheel route check down throws it was always 1 Pats LB and a safety tackling him) that they allowed single coverage on some fly routes, because they had no one else left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST