PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - mulling it over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bombast....Hyperbole....CAPITALS.......Smilee's...

We get it,you're passionate.......just tone it down a little,pardner.......you're going to burn out and my ears are ringing from reading your posts.(how's THAT for hyperbole).:scream:

:D

Anybody that uses words like BomBast and HyperBole is Aces in MY book...But I have NO intention of EVER toning it down, my good man: That's no way to live, and I am a Tigger, through and through!! :singing: :rocker: :rocker: :singing:

When playing an elite offense, the key is pressure up the middle. In this respect, the addition of Spikes might be the real noteworthy upgrade.
Interesting comment. But for this to work out, esp. in one of BB's creative 3rd down formations that pull all or all but one of the DTs and DEs in favor of LBs, I would think Spikes coverage abilities would become important so he's not always the rusher and the offense can't key on him.

Or is it okay for him to always rush the passer on 3rd down from the ILB spot, since it won't be clear what angle he's taking, and since he's surprisingly effective at batting around guys bigger than him? Esp. for a rookie.

Very insightful post. You are right about observing practices. Back when I used to got to the practices (at Bryant) it seemed like a blur but I do remember Donald Hayes dropping almost all the passes sent his way and not really caring. Everyone was really high on Hayes before the season based on....being a tall receiver..

As far as reporters being lazy and stupid I can think of few examples worse than the Mike Lowell bat speed BS. Someone (whose identity is lost in the mists of time) mentioned (before Lowell played for the Sox) that Mike had a slow bat speed. The idiots in the media and WEEI picked up it immediately (they love negative stuff) and repeated it again and again and again. It got so bad that Red Sox nerds were calling into to the show complaining about the pickup of Lowell; all before he played an inning! When Lowell finally did play he hit double after double but none of the medidiots bothered with a retraction.

Last edited:
but none of the medidiots bothered with a retraction.

Yeah, that's the thing that bothers me the most. I can respect someone giving his opinion even when I disagree. But what I can't respect is when they proven wrong they go along as if it never happened.. To this day I can't believe Borges, after all the times he's been SOOOIOO wrong can go on TV/Radio and act like he's an insider and HIS opinion carries more weight than the rest of us.

People who have to have very short memories. Politicians, mediots.....and CBs ;)

Last edited:
2. Speaking of watching practices, I've come to a conclusion. Its really hard for a fan to reach any valid conclusions based on what we see from the stands while watching practice. Now I read every camp report religiously...and enjoy them all, but really folks what can we really see.

I agree with you here to some point which is why I just try to give some highlights of what I saw I might talk about guys who excite me but I try not to be negative to anyone as I am no pro scout. I have seen some positive things thru the years in camp and some guys who caught my eye in their rookie camps who went on to be good include Tully and Eckel, and last year I thought Merriweather looked like he was going to break out and I even said that I thought he might be pro bowl caliber though I tempered that due to guys like polamalu and reed but he wound up getting in. My guy from the first weekend of camp was Tate and I will be keeping a close eye on him at the saints practices I attend on tuesday.

I like the thinking about pressure up the middle, Ken. Force the QB out of the pocket and you don't need Freeney to get to him.

If the rusher becomes an impossible to peg entity and the middle becomes an "avoid at all costs" part of our defense, I think we're going to be ok.

Re: practices, you're right. I thought Faulk looked rough last year and might get knicked. That said, Edelweiss blew me away in camp and sure enough, he's the real deal.

Great stuff, Ken. Keep it coming.

A lot of donkeys squealed at me, when I called him out for neglecting OLB AGAIN, this year ~ when we needed to draft TWO Starting Caliber OLB's AND a Starting Caliber DE ~ but they've shut their pie holes NOW.
What a dumb idea. Going into a draft with the idea that you must draft certain positions (for instance, 2 OLBs and one DE) regardless of grabbing best available talent is the way to build the Detroit Lions. Tell the truth, you're Matt Millen, aren't you?

What a dumb idea. Going into a draft with the idea that you must draft certain positions (for instance, 2 OLBs and one DE) regardless of grabbing best available talent is the way to build the Detroit Lions. Tell the truth, you're Matt Millen, aren't you?

Yes, ignoring blatant needs that could've and should've been addressed was DEFINITELY the way to go. I am SO glad we only drafted ONE OLB, and, like you, I am content that having a Rookie, a Back Up, and a Special Teamer as our ENTIRE OLB crew will be PLENTY. :rolleyes:

You're...not too bright...ARE you, SpaceCrime?? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News