PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts.....and now we get....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concise version of Ken's pro career (surely something he'd never provide himself :D :D), as I recall it:

He went to two training camps with the Broncos and was a pretty late cut each time.

6 picks for 2 players? Never going to happen in the BB era. It goes against his value based draft philosophy. And just by the numbers you have a lot better chance of players panning out with 6 selections than with 2. I could see a slight move up if somebody good slides. But not the massive kind of moveup that would lose us pick value as you suggest. BB will make moves both UP and DOWN during the draft but not on the drastic level that you're thinking. Nice hearing your thoughts as always Ken.

I agree i just don't think however you cut it it's worth it... lets say we traded up to 2nd overall and got Suh yeah he would be amazing and change our defense one of the best DT/DE to come out in years... Pro Bowler home run pick.

But what would it have cost us? McCourty, Gronk, Cunningham, Spikes, Price Hernandez?

It's just not worth what you have to pay. And if Suh turns into Gholston like risky OLB conversions can, it's just not very good business.

Concise version of Ken's pro career (surely something he'd never provide himself :D :D), as I recall it:

He went to two training camps with the Broncos and was a pretty late cut each time.

Actually the first year saying it was a late cut would be an exaggeration. ;) My expectations were low that first year. Don't be the first LB cut. Make it to an exhibition game. Leave with all my body parts intact. I can proudly say I reached all those goals :D

However my proudest moment was when they called me and asked me back the next season to try to make the team as a SS. That year I was a late cut. In retrospect.....they didn't make a mistake. :D

Actually the first year saying it was a late cut would be an exaggeration. ;) My expectations were low that first year. Don't be the first LB cut. Make it to an exhibition game. Leave with all my body parts intact. I can proudly say I reached all those goals :D

However my proudest moment was when they called me and asked me back the next season to try to make the team as a SS. That year I was a late cut. In retrospect.....they didn't make a mistake. :D

For your sake and ours, I'm glad you left with all your body parts intact :rofl:

Well that certainly helps explain some of your great insights, though really appreciate your writing style as well. Football players have a reputation for not being very coherent, and watching Keyshawn and Marshall Faulk and company on TV hasn't altered that perception ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News