PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'd Rather Be 13-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats this? A little doubt? Sneaking into the psyche of the Patsies? Do do do do, do do do do. I must be in the twilight zone.:bricks:

Do not confuse the feelings of posters on this board with the feelings of the actual Patriots.

I totally agree. The Patriots need to keep their edge nice and sharp, especially if they want to be ready for the playoffs. They will get plenty of rest during their well earned bye week.

I think a person who says they rather the Patriots lose a game are just feeling anxious because of the streak. Relax, and just enjoy the show. The Pats are making history!!

I disagree for a few reasons, some of them already mentioned here.

We needed 14 wins to guarantee HFA.
Momentum.

And finally, Think about it, how many teams in the NFL will ever have the potential or even get a sniff at the oppurtunity that the Patriots are presented with this season. To win the Super Bowl (with one or more losses)would be huge, 4 championships in 7 years, Dynasty !! But to win every game of the season back to back 19-0 that would be truly amazing, historic (16 game season, in this era of free agency).

Sure there is a chance that Brady, Moss or whoever gets hurt.
But if the Pats don't go for it with this team, then we might as well say that they should never go for it and just quit all this talk about winning it all. I say you take your chances and go for it. Some other team in the future will if the Pats don't and I rather see the Pats try to do it first.

I agree 100% and feel the same way. I also feel if we were 13-1 we would already have a loss out of our systems. The more we win consecutive games the closer we are getting to a loss.

Wrong. The gambler's fallacy. Like folks who say "Well the coin came up heads 14 times in a row. Tails is really due now." Isn't so.

So if one Tails had come up it means absolutely nothing going forward.

What does matter is coaching, individual preparation and game effort, weather as an equalizer, and injuries to key contributors. Not having had "a loss out of our system".

This 13-1 idea is ludicrous.

Last edited:
IMHO, we would have a better chance at winning the SB if we were 13-1 at this point.

Does anyone believe that the same players would be playing in the next two weeks if we had a loss?

We have an opportunity to rest up players in preparation for the playoff run. There is NO REASON to play the starters much this week, EXCEPT that we are undefeated. This week we lost Kyle Brady. Next week we will again risk injury to our starters, and play players who need the rest.

We have an opportunity to rest this week and get reps for some of the backups thats we might need in the playoffs. If we were 13-1, we would take the opporuntity. Since we are 14-0, we most likely won't.
Are you kidding me? You want to lose a game? I want them to run the table. Nothing would be greater than that. They have a long way to go still but they have won the SB before, winning again will be nothing special in most people's eyes. People will just be like...meh the Pats won again what else is new. I want people to acknowledge the greatness of this team by them going 19-0 and so that nobody can deny that this is the greatest team ever to step on a football field. THAT is what I want.

Last edited:
That is ridiculous. Just ridiculous.

I'm sorry, but if the starters can go, especially on offense, so they can keep their timing down, something that can not be fully simulated in a practice field. The chance of injury can happen at any time, on or off the field, but by shutting it down for almost a month would be inviting disaster, as chances are, you can not just turn the switch off then turn it back on again. Thats why we play our starters into the 4th even in blow outs, just because when we have had the close games, they were ready to go. I think even if we were 13-1 and had HFA we would play our starters in both of the games coming up, just because you can't let guys get rusty this time of year. Guys who need rest will get it. I bet Watson doesn't see much of any time, maybe even certain backups in positions like LB and DL might get some extra reps in live action, but there is no way you can shut down your whole first string and expect them to have the same level in January when it matters again that they have now.

I'd Rather Be 19-0

Our Players are played Million$ to PLAY.
The Offense is on the field to Score.
Let's just hope our team Wins, stays healthy, and posts stats and a legacy which will stand the test of time.
Anything less is defeatest.
Frankly, I believe the Patriots are up to the task.
I have had little doubt since the draft.

But we still must play the games and WIN.
We must still stay relatively healthy.
We must have some fortune (Fairness in Refereeing).
Barring that we are unstoppable and IMO the GREATEST OF ALL TIME.

What I believe...

19-0 Best season ever, most point differential,Highest scoring offense,most TDs scored
19 straight regular seaon victories starting next season++
Brady TD record at least tied
Moss TD record at least tied
Possibly
Best Defense points allowed
Most Passing Yards
Best passing %
Most players on team scoring a TD
and many franchise records
+++

There is no way you can get what you want, a unanimous vote of media and fans that this team is the greatest.

If winning SB's is nothing to you or the people you want to impress, that is your own personal problem, or theirs.

Belichick has his goals straight: the next game, the division, the playoffs and the SB. He never, never has a goal of being undefeated.

Are you kidding me? You want to lose a game? I want them to run the table. Nothing would be greater than that. They have a long way to go still but they have won the SB before, winning again will be nothing special in most people's eyes. People will just be like...meh the Pats won again what else is new. I want people to acknowledge the greatness of this team by them going 19-0 and so that nobody can deny that this is the greatest team ever to step on a football field. THAT is what I want.

There is no way you can get what you want, a unanimous vote of media and fans that this team is the greatest.

If winning SB's is nothing to you or the people you want to impress, that is your own personal problem, or theirs.

Belichick has his goals straight: the next game, the division, the playoffs and the SB. He never, never has a goal of being undefeated.

You keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night.

IMHO, we would have a better chance at winning the SB if we were 13-1 at this point.

Does anyone believe that the same players would be playing in the next two weeks if we had a loss?

We have an opportunity to rest up players in preparation for the playoff run. There is NO REASON to play the starters much this week, EXCEPT that we are undefeated. This week we lost Kyle Brady. Next week we will again risk injury to our starters, and play players who need the rest.

We have an opportunity to rest this week and get reps for some of the backups thats we might need in the playoffs. If we were 13-1, we would take the opporuntity. Since we are 14-0, we most likely won't.
I gotta disagree with you Miguel, and here's my reasoning:

#1 if we were 13-1 we wouldn't have HFA wrapped up yet anyway (Especially if the 1 loss was to Indy) So regardless we'd have to play the starters next week anyway.

Since we do have HFA wrapped up it was done on Dec 16th, which also means we have a bye of course.

The last Sunday of the Regular season is Dec 30th. Wild card weekend is Jan 5th and 6th, and The Divisional round is the 12th and 13th, so if we were to play on the Sunday that'd mean we will have gone a month minus 3 days without playing a meaningful down of football. Does anyone here think BB would allow his players to go anything close to that long without getting playing time? This way the football we're playing continues to have some meaning, but at the same time we can elect to rest players that have nagging injuries. There's no way in H**l defeated or undefeated BB would let his players go a month without PT. Can you say rusty boys and girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents