PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I thought we were a deep pocketed team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pats spend to or near the cap every year.

Deep pockets is not the issue.

It's a question of allocation.

We have a winner.

They have a limited amount of resources ($$$) to give to players. Unlike the OP they take a long term view, not a week long one. They have a plan, will do they best they can with what is available and we will be competitive next season.

So apart from Moss who should we be spending this cash on? I'll admit it, I haven't got a clue who we could get at the right price and I won't pretend to but if we're going to shout and scream about it lets atleast get off the fence and disscuss some names.

If nobody's available thats right for us why waste money? This is a very weak FA class for us. Guys who I'd assume we'd be looking at got tagged, Dansby, Trufant, Asomugha. So who? Pace? Trade for Sheppard? Draft a stud like Gholston and thow away money on his bumper contract so it looks like we've done something...

Theres a reason this franchise is among the best run organisations there is. Do you really think BB and the FO are doing this on purpose? I doubt it. We seen it last year, if guys are available that are right they'll be snapped up.

Samuel $9.5M- NO WAY!!!! This year is deep with CB's. Sanders, Rodney, Merriweather will be studs next year.

LB's are weak this year, however, sounds like we draft one @#7. We have 4 picks in the first three rounds. maybe more.

With Reche in 2006, we had the #6 offense. That's without Welker, Jackson has all off season to get ready and Maroney is ready. Thomas hopefully will be back

We have a very weak 2008 schedule. Great time to get the kids ready for post season.

I like your honesty. This is how I would allocate the $20M, if that is what we have after re-signing Bruschi and Washington.

$8M 2 top free agents or trades at $4M net each
$6M 3 midlevel free agents at a $2M net (they will replace someone on the 51)
$1M 10 low level free agents at a net $100K per
$5M draftees, PS, player 52, player 53, IR and reserve for injuries
(net of July restructures)

You give deeper meaning to the term kneejerk fan...

What this team really needs rght now is for Ian Logue to pony up some decent money for upgraded emoticons to allow the intelligent fans on his website to better express our frustration with the continued existence of you mindless bandwaggoners.

Show me the Smilies Ian...Do something!!!

machinegunner.gif

JC! *&%%&^))(^^$%^&$()&(*&*&!!!!! How long have some of you been following the Pats? This kind of sh!t happens every few years in order to plan for the draft and/or a trade. Last year was a phenomenal experience as a fan, from free-agency right on through until the last minute of the Superbowl :(, but as long as BB and Brady are on this team, we will be competing for championships. Belichick is as human as anyone and can make good calls along with bad calls. I'll let his record speak for itself. For example. when he cut Lawyer Milloy everyone was screaming, but that turned out pretty good. Let the dust settle before everyone starts jumping off bridges. Come September, the Pats will be loaded and ready for another run at this thing. Based on the way Pioli, Kraft, and BB have done so far, I'd be willing to bet that they have already calculated and planned for the future, as well as the needs on this team so far. The minute they go away from the formula that has worked so far is when this era of Patriot football will start to crumble. I believe we are still in the midst of another if not two more Lombardi's.

Show me the money Kraft and sign someone. We're behind after only 2 days of free agency. w/ loss of Stallworth our receiving corp is bound to get worse, no matter who else we retain. we've lost our best secondary player. If you think Bruschi coming back improves our defense, you are sadly mistaken ... let me make this clear WE LOST OUR BEST LB WHEN YOU CUT COLVIN. other than wilfork the play of the everyone on the defensive line has deteriorated. Our offensive line was badly exposed in the Super Bowl. And unless the hole is the width of the football field we have no running game.

Do something!!!

You should make clear when you're being sarcastic. Otherwise people are going to think you don't understand the salary cap renders "deep pockets" meaningless or even know that Colvin is injured, not to mention the lessons of history where BB doesn't hesitate for a moment in years when there is a free agent he wants, while is content to re-stock on quality lower cost depth in years when there isn't.

This is all common sense isn't it? All Patriots fans understand all this, don't they? We don't really need to explain this, do we?

Please tell us you're being sarcastic.

Last edited:
I don't have any issues with the moves made thus far. However, if a Moss deal isn't made, then Pioli and Belichick dropped the ball. Plain and simple.

I'm good. So long as we sign Moss, it's all good with Michigan Dave.

Marathon, not a sprint.

I'm good. So long as we sign Moss, it's all good with Michigan Dave.

Marathon, not a sprint.

I haven't seen you post in a while. I hope you're enjoying the offseason.:)

The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! Ok...we got your point...

The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! The SKY is falling..the sky is falling!!! Ok...we got your point...

didn't you also make a similar comment when i warned against getting complacent after the "perfect" regular season, lest we lose the most important game of the season, the super bowl?

Ive decided to build a panic room in my basement.....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes