PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think Joe Burrow and the Bengals are winning it all

Don't forget Zac Taylor is no Belichick either.

Disagree, but I’m saying the problem is that he’s more like a Steve Belichick than a Bill Belichick.

With that said, he has done a very good job with the offense in general and he has a very good DC in Lou Anarumo. Like most folks who’ve posted in this thread, however, it’s hard to see how they can overcome their protection issues against a better D line than the KC line that got them for 9 sacks, especially with their TE1 banged up.

i‘m rooting for Cincy tomorrow, I’d love to see their longtime fans experience what I felt in 2002, like Burrow a lot, and like the way their defense plays. If the Rams win, which is what I expect, I’ll feel good for Stafford, Kupp, and McVay whom I like, I just won’t enjoy seeing the Hollyweird glommers all over the place act like they are such fans.

Ive seen comparisons that the 2021 Bengals are similar to the 2001 Patriots. Underdogs that go unnoticed by the league until its too late.

I think they are going to win it all. However, this thread has a second point. Do you see this Bengals team any similar to the 01 Pats?
Hindsight is foresight I know but I didn’t see this earlier…..Rams are stronger in all areas…..it’s a game at the half but I expect Rams to come out strong in 2nd….hope I’m wrong

LOL pass interferancd

Ive seen comparisons that the 2021 Bengals are similar to the 2001 Patriots. Underdogs that go unnoticed by the league until its too late.

I think they are going to win it all. However, this thread has a second point. Do you see this Bengals team any similar to the 01 Pats?
The reffs read this and decided uh ah, and started throwing flags on the bengals on last scoring drive.

The reffs read this and decided uh ah, and started throwing flags on the bengals on last scoring drive.

Yeah that holding penalty against Logan Wilson was especially egregious... You just canNOT throw a flag in that situation; that's completely unfair to the defense who had played the previous 58 minutes under one set of guidelines then had to play the final two under another set that they more likely than not had NOT been warned would be coming.

In fairness, they did miss a face mask on the 75 yard TD to start the 2nd half

Only because none of the zebras had been close enough to get a proper look at it; happens sometimes... The penalty flag against Logan Wilson was a different circumstance altogether.

I think the Rams get an early lead, but the Bengals keep it close, and actually pull ahead early in the second half. After an ugly 2nd half, I see the Rams winning a close one, let's say 23-20

Oh shoot, I forgot to hit post reply when I wrote that last week

Yeah that holding penalty against Logan Wilson was especially egregious... You just canNOT throw a flag in that situation; that's completely unfair to the defense who had played the previous 58 minutes under one set of guidelines then had to play the final two under another set that they more likely than not had NOT been warned would be coming.
And those rules were not applied to the Rams D in the following short drive to end the game.

wrong-drumpf.gif

It seems to me that Burrow had a bad day. Although he had a lot of completions, many of his throws were a bit off and the receiver had to break stride to make the catch. If the throws had been more accurate (i.e. if he was Mac Jones), there would have been more yards after the catch. I have not watched a lot of Burrow so I don't know if this is typical or if he had an off day.

Burrow got his knee torqued in one of his sacks. Makes it really hard to step into throws.

Kinda suspicious how the refs held the flags almost the whole game only to start throwing them at the very end to allow Rams enough chances to score.

I get the feeling Cincy is one of those teams that will regress to what they really are - an upper middle of the road team, not to the level of Buffalo or KC, but a team that needs everything to break perfectly for them to make it back.

And yeah, those flags at the end were ridiculous after what had been let go for most of the game.

257179757_10164977356248504_8071981985896702442_n.jpg

I get the feeling Cincy is one of those teams that will regress to what they really are - an upper middle of the road team, not to the level of Buffalo or KC, but a team that needs everything to break perfectly for them to make it back.

And yeah, those flags at the end were ridiculous after what had been let go for most of the game.
At least they had this moment. Cincy fans are a little bitter over not going all the way but just getting to the Superbowl is a big deal, and they'll probably display their conference pennant proudly.

At least they had this moment. Cincy fans are a little bitter over not going all the way but just getting to the Superbowl is a big deal, and they'll probably display their conference pennant proudly.
I would have been much happier if Cincy had won, the city could have used the win.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back