PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think Joe Burrow and the Bengals are winning it all

They did win, they won the conference. you're a winner if you show up at a Superbowl, and they fought a good game when they got there. This isn't like when the 9ers fell apart in the second half or KC's failure to launch last year, Bengals were in the fight from beginning to end and could have easily won.

Seriously? 2nd grade argument tactics held up as worthy of imitation? Bringing some that is hugely hated and feared by over half the population into a conversation about football as your spokesperson?

Do you fart in every living room you enter?

Seriously? 2nd grade argument tactics held up as worthy of imitation? Bringing some that is hugely hated and feared by over half the population into a conversation about football as your spokesperson?

Do you fart in every living room you enter?
Eventually we all do.

They did win, they won the conference. you're a winner if you show up at a Superbowl, and they fought a good game when they got there. This isn't like when the 9ers fell apart in the second half or KC's failure to launch last year, Bengals were in the fight from beginning to end and could have easily won.
Cincinnati was pretty lucky to get to the Super Bowl.

The wild card game was a FG contest, McPherson won.

In the divisional round Tannehill literally gave them the game. His first pass, a pick, leads to a FG. First possession, second half, Tennessee gets inside the Cincinnati-10 with 4 straight runs, Tannehill's first pass, red zone pick. 28-seconds left in the game, Tannehill pick, Cincinnati has a short field to set up the game-winning FG.

AFCCG I suppose we're giving some credit to the Cincinnati defense but Mahomes literally played to lose the game in the second half. A rare occasion when an elite level quarterback's game inexplicably goes into the dumper so dramatically.

The Super Bowl was there for Cincinnati to take and they actually did nothing with their second half possessions. This of course is excluding the 1-play TD drive with Higgins literally throwing Ramsey to the ground by the facemask. And I suppose the 3 points handed too them by Stafford on the subsequent drive. After that, here are Cincinnati's last 5 possessions:

3 plays, -3 yards, punt
3 plays, 5 yards, punt
5 plays, -2 yards, punt
7 plays, 24 yards, punt
5 plays, 26 yards, downs

In total: 5 possessions, 50 yards, 4 punts, 0 points

That doesn't exactly scream grit and determination. Even as inept as they were on offense, they somehow managed to have the ball at midfield with 3 plays to pick up 1 yard. And with nearly a minute left and two timeouts. They proceeded with three incompetently called and poorly executed plays. It was an ugly finish to very poor second half effort.

Cincinnati was pretty lucky to get to the Super Bowl.

The wild card game was a FG contest, McPherson won.

In the divisional round Tannehill literally gave them the game. His first pass, a pick, leads to a FG. First possession, second half, Tennessee gets inside the Cincinnati-10 with 4 straight runs, Tannehill's first pass, red zone pick. 28-seconds left in the game, Tannehill pick, Cincinnati has a short field to set up the game-winning FG.

AFCCG I suppose we're giving some credit to the Cincinnati defense but Mahomes literally played to lose the game in the second half. A rare occasion when an elite level quarterback's game inexplicably goes into the dumper so dramatically.

The Super Bowl was there for Cincinnati to take and they actually did nothing with their second half possessions. This of course is excluding the 1-play TD drive with Higgins literally throwing Ramsey to the ground by the facemask. And I suppose the 3 points handed too them by Stafford on the subsequent drive. After that, here are Cincinnati's last 5 possessions:

3 plays, -3 yards, punt
3 plays, 5 yards, punt
5 plays, -2 yards, punt
7 plays, 24 yards, punt
5 plays, 26 yards, downs

In total: 5 possessions, 50 yards, 4 punts, 0 points

That doesn't exactly scream grit and determination. Even as inept as they were on offense, they somehow managed to have the ball at midfield with 3 plays to pick up 1 yard. And with nearly a minute left and two timeouts. They proceeded with three incompetently called and poorly executed plays. It was an ugly finish to very poor second half effort.
Lets not forget about that all american, usda trash can O-line... 19 sacks in 4 games is unacceptable.. and how did the game end? sack number 7 ...

I think there is a good chance that Cinci misses the playoffs next year.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back