PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I predict our defense will be the key

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we only have to stop you, not our offense.

I agree. There is definitely more work cut out for us to stop Brady than for you to stop our offense. However, I think pressure will be key in causing Brady to make mistakes which I believe our D will capitalize on. We have one of the best if not the best D lines in the league and are more than capable of doing this. I just hope we can control the TOP, so we can keep Brady off the field and our Defense on the sidelines. However, I wouldn't be too quick to count Flacco out. When he's hot and given time behind the pocket, he does damage. Problem is that he's running for his life a lot of the time.

Last edited:
TOP will be key, we need to at worst keep that close. If Brady has enough chances I think we'll be fine and be able to score in the high 20's at worst. But if we can't get the ball back enough for our offense it will be tough.

We did struggle for a couple of drives in the Denver game, not a complaint because that is expected of any offense. But they key was our defense made quick stops and once we found our rhythm, it was over. Against Bmore's defense we will probably run into similar issues for longer stretches. Just need to weather the storm.

I agree. There is definitely more work cut out for us to stop Brady than for you to stop our offense. However, I think pressure will be key in causing Brady to make mistakes which I believe our D will capitalize on. We have one of the best if not the best D lines in the league and are more than capable of doing this. I just hope we can control the TOP, so we can keep Brady off the field and our Defense on the sidelines. However, I wouldn't be too quick to count Flacco out. When he's hot and given time behind the pocket, he does damage. Problem is that he's running for his life a lot of the time.

Well, if we are stout against the run, he's going to be scrambling a lot, you won't get time of possession and the most mistake free QB in football will get lots of opportunities, can be patient and pick you apart, negating the rush.

It's obvious what you'd like to happen, but i don't see it. We have tons of tight ends and smurfs that can keep Brady from having to hold on to the ball more than a millisecond and the best no huddle offense around.

If you could put up some points and force Brady to press a bit, that might cause some mistakes, but i don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft