PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I predict Ellsbury will be traded before the season starts.

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I have a feeling that the sox are going to trade Ellsbury.

I am not sure who they are going to trade him to, or what they are going to get, but I have a feeling that he is going to get traded before the start of the season..

The Sox now have 3 players who can play centerfield.... Ellsbury, Kotsay, & Baldelli. JD Drew has also played CF in the past.

Maybe they will use Ellsbury as trade bait for a catcher.

I believe the Sox have serious doubts in Ellsbury's bat, & they will trade him while his value is still high.

I am not sure who they are going to trade him to, or what they are going to get, but I have a feeling that he is going to get traded before the start of the season..

The Sox now have 3 players who can play centerfield.... Ellsbury, Kotsay, & Baldelli. JD Drew has also played CF in the past.

I believe the Sox have serious doubts in Ellsbury's bat, & they will trade him while his value is still high.

no way...first off, come on over to the new sox board Ian has created...we would like to start using that board for the sox talk and you would be an asset. the link is in my sig

second, no way they are trading Ellsbury. He is the CF. Baldelli was signed so he could be the 4th OF and Kotsay was signed to be the back up OF/1B. That gives them the flexibility to have 4 guys on the bench and a 12 man pitching staff. Ellsbury stays and only leaves in a deal for one of two players...Hanley Ramirez or Joe Mauer

the only way ellsbury gets traded is for hanley ramirez. other than that hes not going anywhere. clay buchholz is someone who could be gone before the season starts.

makes no sense to trade Ellsbury. Why?? unless you were getting a superstar player in return. they just traded Coco Crisp.

I predict cupofjoe is 1000% wrong.

After the Crisp trade I think this is highly unlikely. Ellsbury is someone who the Sox need to keep around for good.

Baldelli isn't an everyday player, Kotsay is an awful hitter, and Drew would be exposed defensively playing CF regularly. This is not going to happen.

Baldelli isn't an everyday player, Kotsay is an awful hitter, and Drew would be exposed defensively playing CF regularly. This is not going to happen.

I disagree with the Drew part. He probly would break down faster playing CF full time but the guy glides in the outfield. He is a fantastic fielder.

He doesn't get traded unless it is for a superstar, and Baldelli and Kotsay aren't here to be everyday CF's

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back