PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know it's very early: But KC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predicted 12-4. The Pats play a tough, respectable schedule.

But most of the toughest teams are @ Foxboro, thankfully. Good teams on the road are KC, Green Bay and San Diego.

I hope the worst is behind us; and I hope and think the O-line changes will eventually show very good benefits. Keeping things in perspective, the Pats have scored the most, and given up the fewest points, in the AFCE. At 2-1 sit tied for first, atop the AFCE.

I still recall the Pats of the '60s and '70s playing in the Miami Heat, and their Summer 2nd half wilts. Those Pats teams were never very deep with talent. Due to dings and injuries, the current Pats team had no one to replace and rotate the starters, in the second half and simply wore out, just like the Pats of old.

Do you realize that 23 of the 49 points surrendered to date, happened in that Miami second half as did 3 of the 7 sacks yielded through 3 games. The Pats Offense was shut out in that Miami second half too,after accumulating a 20-10 halftime lead..

As an exercise excluding the Miami second half:

The Pats defense is averaging 16.3 (good) points per game, but only 10.4 (spectacular) points per game for 2.5 games.
The Pats offense is averaging 22.0 (fair to good) points per game, but 26.4 (good) points per game for 2.5 games.

That Miami second half was an outlier, as Deus has counseled.
Yeah and if you consider the final 56' of sbXX an anomaly the pats win 3-0.....foolish to "throw out" any portion of a game or seasson because....it happened and u can't change it:rolleyes:

I think we might get beaten pretty badly in this game. KC's offense is surprisingly explosive and could easily put up a lot of points even if the defense contains them most of the game. On the flip side, I see the Pats scoring somewhere between 13 and 20. I think they may just go out and destroy Cincy afterward, though. While we're used to seeing the interior OL get pushed in, I think the problem now is the tackles. It makes more sense to me that we'd struggle more offensively against teams like MIA and KC with good edge rushers than a team like CIN whose pass rush mostly comes up the middle (keep in mind they lost Michael Johnson).

They are so surprisingly explosive that even the Chiefs' players would be surprised if they are explosive. In two of their three games, they got 17 points or less. Yes, they got 34 points vs. the Dolphins, but the Dolphins seem to be imploding and the guy who got two of their TDs just landed on IR.

Although I think the Pats could easily lose in Arrowhead on a Monday night, I think people are overrating the Chiefs. They seem to be mediocre on both offense and defense. They have not been impressive anywhere. Their running game is decent, but Smith going into last week's game had one TD vs. 3 INTs. They can't stop the run or the pass very well.

If the Pats' o-line plays like dung, that won't matter that much because the Cheifs do have some good pass rushers. But if they can give Brady a little time and the team doesn't shoot themselves in the foot, I don't see the Pats losing this game.

Ya KC line is like us and their secondary isn't great. But they have a good front 7...we could see a lot of sacks by both teams tomorrow. I see a low scoring game

Just going from the stats their passing offense is comparable to ours, their QB rating against is bad and they're allowing 5.1 YPC on the ground (as is Cincy). If the Patriots are a good team this game should be a win.

Sapp just predicted Brady will throw 3 int. So you know what that means. Brady is gonna throw for 3 or 4 TD

Sapp just predicted Brady will throw 3 int
Weird prediction given that Brady has no INT, KC has no INT and their best Safety is out.

Sapp has street cred because he predicted both of Manning's SB pick 6s.

Oh, wait...

Sapp just predicted Brady will throw 3 int. So you know what that means. Brady is gonna throw for 3 or 4 TD

Brady has zero interceptions this year and the Chiefs' defense also has zero interceptions. So not only is he expect both Brady and the Chiefs' defense (minus their best secondary player) to not only get their first INTs of the season. He expects it to happen three times.

That is why Sapp is on the NFL Network (where all NFL analyst careers go to die).

if we lose, i will avoid espn for the rest of the football season. same with NFLN.

i'll just can through pats reporters twitters accounts!:D

Given how our O-line has been playing, I don't think Brady's gonna have the time to throw interceptions :rolleyes:.

The Titans beat them. The Titans.

Dennard out

So no Dennard. HOPEFULLY Dobson plays. Lucky their WRs aren't spectacular and Browner comes back next week.

I want to see Butler out there aside of revis tomorrow. Ryan struggled big time last week...

you wanna see a butler out there?...waiting around for what? a dirty plate?

which reminds me...whaddya call an Indian butler?

Mahat Mahcoat

No berry tomorrow for KC....helps us out a bit :)

Place is going to be dam loud tomorrow

Charles in....I would love to see, at the very least, some spark and urgency out of this team. A loss here and this board will light up...:)...just would like to see some good offensive line play (and may as well throw in some good ground and pound for good measure...chewing up that clock and taking the edge off that crazy crowd)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes