PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know it's very early: But KC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schlereth and Golic both picked KC the other morning on Meatball and Mangirl (Mike and Mike) and on the ESPN site they picked NE.

I think they are going to come out and play a good (or significantly improved) game on both sides of the ball, although that may not be when we're expecting it--LOL. Either way, they'll need to get things going because we play what I see as one hell of a challenging schedule, although I've seen it that way for awhile and some will disagree.

I never expected anything better than 11-5 or 12-4 at best, no matter what--just due to the schedule.

Well if they lose monday that means only 2-3 more losses on the year :)

Yeah, that schedule looks even more intimidating now than it ever did in the offseason--LOL

Well I don't think Denver's defense is overrated and I don't think the Pats D is better either. I was at the KC Denver game, the KC defense frustrated manning all day, manning was getting rid of the ball very quickly.

One thing. I have to disagree on is the defense being the best KC has seen, Denver's pass rush is better, and Talib isn't getting beat like Revis, I watched them in person.

I'm not overly worried about KC's offense although Alex Smith can be a bit of a pain to keep in the pocket, at least the game I was there for.

I would certainly worry about the pats O line and I don't think a week can solve enough of their problems to make them look good, but maybe enough to win this game. But TB is going to have to make his reads faster and get rid of the ball faster and not focus on one or two!guys only.

I think they will win but it will be a close game. PAts got a tough run coming up in the next five weeks, it could make or break the season.

We "tied" in fantasy football? Are you kidding me? LOL

I've never even heard of a tie. How did I lose points 4 days later? That's nuts.

Bummer for me, although I probably shouldn't have won to begin with. My team sucked.

Last edited:
We "tied" in fantasy football? Are you kidding me? LOL

I've never even heard of a tie. How did I lose points 4 days later? That's nuts.

Bummer for me, although I probably shouldn't have won to begin with. My team sucked.

I saw that as well. I am wondering if a play got changed. As in a pass that was a run or vise versa...it was 80-79...

And no I didn't change it :) I will take it! My team is bad. Let's make a trade.

Yeah, that schedule looks even more intimidating now than it ever did in the offseason--LOL

I agree. It looks a lot tougher. In SD. Cindy is better...but I think we beat them at home next week. BUT GB isn't as strong as I thought and Colts don't scare me one bit. Bears arnt as good as I thought they were either.

I saw that as well. I am wondering if a play got changed. As in a pass that was a run or vise versa...it was 80-79...

And no I didn't change it :) I will take it! My team is bad. Let's make a trade.

I know you didn't change it. I don't mean to suggest that.

I was just surprised after 4 days to see it changed now, plus I've never seen a tie before in fantasy football.

Like I said, I didn't deserve to win last week anyway. I came in almost 50 pts under my projection.

I agree. It looks a lot tougher. In SD. Cindy is better...but I think we beat them at home next week. BUT GB isn't as strong as I thought and Colts don't scare me one bit. Bears arnt as good as I thought they were either.

I don't know. Even under the normal circumstances, I thought we were looking at 4-5 losses.

Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, Matt Forte, and Martellus Bennet all pose a significant threat in the passing game. Hopefully, we're up to the challenge.

I don't know. Even under the normal circumstances, I thought we were looking at 4-5 losses.

Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffrey, Matt Forte, and Martellus Bennet all pose a significant threat in the passing game. Hopefully, we're up to the challenge.
D will be fine baring injuries...OL is a different story. I look at front 7s now that could give us fits.

I think they are going to come out and play a good (or significantly improved) game on both sides of the ball, although that may not be when we're expecting it--LOL. Either way, they'll need to get things going because we play what I see as one hell of a challenging schedule, although I've seen it that way for awhile and some will disagree.

I never expected anything better than 11-5 or 12-4 at best, no matter what--just due to the schedule.

I predicted 12-4. The Pats play a tough, respectable schedule.

But most of the toughest teams are @ Foxboro, thankfully. Good teams on the road are KC, Green Bay and San Diego.

I hope the worst is behind us; and I hope and think the O-line changes will eventually show very good benefits. Keeping things in perspective, the Pats have scored the most, and given up the fewest points, in the AFCE. At 2-1 sit tied for first, atop the AFCE.

I still recall the Pats of the '60s and '70s playing in the Miami Heat, and their Summer 2nd half wilts. Those Pats teams were never very deep with talent. Due to dings and injuries, the current Pats team had no one to replace and rotate the starters, in the second half and simply wore out, just like the Pats of old.

Do you realize that 23 of the 49 points surrendered to date, happened in that Miami second half as did 3 of the 7 sacks yielded through 3 games. The Pats Offense was shut out in that Miami second half too,after accumulating a 20-10 halftime lead..

As an exercise excluding the Miami second half:

The Pats defense is averaging 16.3 (good) points per game, but only 10.4 (spectacular) points per game for 2.5 games.
The Pats offense is averaging 22.0 (fair to good) points per game, but 26.4 (good) points per game for 2.5 games.

That Miami second half was an outlier, as Deus has counseled.

chiefs fans trying to break loudest stadium record vs us......greatttt

I just glanced at ChiefsPlanet. I have to say it's nice to see that the media blitz against Brady has had absolutely no effect on the way people that aren't our rivals view him. None what so ever.

They seem more convinced Brady is going to torch them than we do.

I haven't seen them play yet this season. I guess their secondary is awful and their offensive line is comparable to ours?

I just glanced at ChiefsPlanet. I have to say it's nice to see that the media blitz against Brady has had absolutely no effect on the way people that aren't our rivals view him. None what so ever.

They seem more convinced Brady is going to torch them than we do.

I haven't seen them play yet this season. I guess their secondary is awful and their offensive line is comparable to ours?

Eh, that's pretty spot on. They definitely took a step back (or possibly never were quite as good as their 11-0 start suggested due to having a lot of ST/D scoring early on), but are always a tough out at Arrowhead no matter what. At least that's my opinion, anyway.

I'm not that worried about receivers they face, I am much more concerned about them facing the D-Lines from Cincy and Detroit, as well as Buffalo. Until they prove otherwise the top lines will have their way with them.

Eh, that's pretty spot on. They definitely took a step back (or possibly never were quite as good as their 11-0 start suggested due to having a lot of ST/D scoring early on), but are always a tough out at Arrowhead no matter what. At least that's my opinion, anyway.

Arrrowhead is always a big advantage but the Patriots have the ability to win there if they have a strong outing. As much as we can bag on the Patriots the Chef's have real issues as well, and schematically the Patriots should be able to handle them defensively as well as run on them offensively, but whether they can keep Hali and Houston off of Brady really remains to be seen?

KC is a very tough crowd. Incredibly loud. My bud played for the Steelers, said KC was his least favorite place to play, by far (though never played in Seattle).

Not a major point, just thought I'd name drop. :rolleyes:

I have a friend who played in the NFL for 6 years in the 80's and he never told me anything about KC. Maybe I should give him a call. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back