PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I just don't see the chemestry that every great team needs in this NE team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy upsets the posters on Jets Nation as well. He is convinced they are certs for the AFC East and even the other Jets fans are sick of him...they are more realistic in their assessments

lol we all mess around at JN, as far as them being sick of me? They understand im a homer, alot of them love that about me... lol, its better than calling the season off before the season starts like some Jet fans (Not many)

In recent years, the Patriots have been a team that has built a great dynasty through the draft and with team team players. Just go ask T.Brown what it means to be a team player, he helped save that secondary with Mangini by switching from a WR to a CB... I just dont see that kind of "Team player" in Randy "Keep me happy" Moss. Chemistry develops over time. And EVERY team has a large turnover every year and has to develop that again.

The Patriots remind me of this years Yankees "team"... I love the Yankees, but it took us halfway through the Season to finially get hot. Players such as A.Rod, Jeter, Abreau, Giambi... I'm sorry but the whole feeling like a "Team" and chemesty just aint there... And in Football 16 games is not enough time to get that chemesty once you start off to a slow start.

What do you base ANY of this on? Do you honestly have any clue what you are talking about? What FACTS lead you to this idea?

I'm sorry but the Patriots are the best team money can buy as of right now with big name players such as Moss, Stallworth and A.Thomas.

No, the Pats aren't the best team money can buy. In fact, if you actually knew a damn thing, you'd know that the Pats didn't spend nearly as much on free agents as teams like Denver and San Fran.

A.Thomas may be a good LB, But he has been hyped up so much this whole offseason that it aint even funny.. How many people were talking about A.Thomas 2 seasons ago? Nobody as far as I know. This A.Thomas guy is far from great. What made him a little more than productive in Baltimore last year were the players around him. He was more of a product of a great system out in Baltimore, than actually being a great player himself...

Adalius Thomas has been talked about since 2002 or 2003. You might be new to watching Football, but I'd heard of him since then.

And I'm sorry but this Pats Defense of this year without Seymour and Harrison has nothing on the Ravens D of last year, with or without Seymour and Harrison.

The Pats were without Harrison for a majority of last year and still allowed less than 15 points a game. The Pats have had Seymour out before. In fact, he missed games last year. The Pats did fine.

The Ravens D line had Suggs, Ngata, and Price on the D-Line last season. Im sorry but J.Green is no Suggs... Wilkfok is better than Ngata and Trevor Price is just as good as T.Warren.

Considering that the Ravens run a 4-3 with Kelly Gregg on the line next to Ngata and the Pats a 3-4, you're right, Green is no Suggs. Green is a 3-4 DE who comes on primarily in passing situations, but has filled in admirably on several occasions, I don't expect there to be an issue. And, btw, the Pats D-line, without Warren and Seymour, destroyed the Carolina O-line.

A.Thomas was playing alongside R.Lewis, and once again... I'm sorry... But Teddy B is no Ray Lewis, not even close... R.Lewis is a top 3 MLB in all of Football.

Ray Lewis is NOT in the top 3 in football. Maybe 3-4 years ago, but he's not now. And, since you missed it, the Pats have a damn good corps of LBs in Vrabel, Seau, Bruschi, and Colvin.

The Ravens also had one of the best secondary in all of Football with two #1 CB's in Rolle and C.McCalister. C.McCalister is actualy a great shut-down coverage corner. Add the fact that Rolle is much better than any other CB on this Patriots team other than A.Samuel and guess what? That alone gave A.Thomas the much needed time to rush the QB and make plays in the backfield without having the Ravens D get burnt on the Blitz by opposing offenses.

The Ravens Defense were the best in the league in many categories. But Thomas was a HUGE part of that and your ignorant if you believe he wasn't. Your assessment of the Pats CBs leaves a tremendous amount to be desired.

Add the fact that the Ravens had E.Reed roaming the secondary... That man is un-Freaking-Believable... One of the best Safetys in the past 10 years, and there is no way... And I repeat no way a safety like Wilson or a backup in Sanders can ever sniff the level of play that E.Reed bring each and every Sunday. Teams are scared to throw deep on the Ravens because of E.Reed himself. A.Thomas fits the role of a OLB much better than he does the starting MLB for this Pats D... He is playing out of position if you ask me.

I just think the chemesty will be gone with this years NE team with Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Seymour out, Harrison out, and Maroneys first year starting.
Again, you have NOTHING to base this on but half-arsed speculation. So, its worthless blather. I think that the Jets will have significantly more issues with CHEMISTRY than the Pats will.

BB sold his soul to the devil when he went and tested the FA market, and this year we may see why Dynastys are built through the draft, not Free Agency.

Your an imbecile for thinking that BB sold his soul to the devil by going into free agency the way he did. BTW, the Pats brought in something like 27 free agents in 2001. The Start of the Pats dynasty. Each year, they bring in 10-15 new free agents and they lose players as well. Each year, they've been right in the middle of the AFCE title fight. So, spare me your simplistic garbage that DYNASTIES are only built through the draft. Its not supported by FACT.

Has anybody addressed the spelling of the word chemistry?

I read the first page and wasn't exactly on the edge of my seat, so I didn't press on through the next two.

PFnV

Your an imbecile for thinking that BB sold his soul to the devil by going into free agency the way he did. BTW, the Pats brought in something like 27 free agents in 2001. The Start of the Pats dynasty. Each year, they bring in 10-15 new free agents and they lose players as well. Each year, they've been right in the middle of the AFCE title fight. So, spare me your simplistic garbage that DYNASTIES are only built through the draft. Its not supported by FACT.

The Pats Draft Well AND Utilize FA to fill the GAPS-a combination that makes skies the limit.

Look at the Skins-they overpay former pro bowlers AND *trade away* their draft picks-which is why they just get thinner in talent every year.

Re: I just don't see the chemestry that every great team needs in this NE team.

Honestly... I just dont see a Patriots victory this week... I just dont see it. If they do beat the Jets, ill come back and take the abuse. But this is a solid Jets team we have this year, and I just see us upsetting this Patriot team on Sunday.

I love being the underdog.... And plus, the Pats are favored by like 6.5... We should lose this game in the eyes of the media, fans, and experts.

Let me ask you something.... What if the Jets beat the Pats this week?

Let me guess, it will be because Seymour and Harrison were out, or the fact that it was a road game, what will you all be saying about the Jets on this site? How bad we still suck? and how it was a lucky w?

When the Jets lose this week it will be because Jarvis Green, LeKevin Smith, James Sadnders, Brandon Meriweather and other unexpected players stepped up when given the opportunity.

The Patriots have depth. The Jets do not. The Patriots have won multiple Super Bowls missing multiple starters. The Jets have missed the playoffs with most of their team healthy.

Noodlearm Peddlington will find a way to hand us the game. Bank on it.

Ya know, if someone analyzes that statement logically, then you have just called yourself an idiot.

Well, the 1st step in recovery is admitting you have a problem. No fan is going to know about the chemistry in a locker room unless it spills out to the media. No fan is in the locker room to know what the chemistry is otherwise. I haven't heard anything that sounds any different than any other year so far.

first off, i should say that i really didn't bother reading the pages in between this one and the first one. I am surprised however that this thread even got this long. A jets fan critiquing a patriots team? That's laughable. He should worry about his own team before anyone else's

I don't see the chemistry either.............BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED A REAL GAME YET!!!

Anyone who says "I dont see the chemistry..." when the season hasnt begun, when they arent in the locker room with the players, and is sitting in front of a computer, is clueless. None of us are in any position to know a thing about what kind of chemistry exists with the Patriots.

I just think the chemesty will be gone with this years NE team with Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Seymour out, Harrison out, and Maroneys first year starting.

BB sold his soul to the devil when he went and tested the FA market, and this year we may see why Dynastys are built through the draft, not Free Agency.

This is the most moronic post I've seen in a long, long time. Please learn how to spell the word "chemistry" next time you use it to present a central concept. And by the way, we sympathize with the Jest for upsetting their own chemistry by hiring Thomas Jones via Man-vagina selling his soul to the devil.

In recent years, the Patriots have been a team that has built a great dynasty through the draft and with team team players. Just go ask T.Brown what it means to be a team player, he helped save that secondary with Mangini by switching from a WR to a CB... I just dont see that kind of "Team player" in Randy "Keep me happy" Moss.

The Patriots remind me of this years Yankees "team"... I love the Yankees, but it took us halfway through the Season to finially get hot. Players such as A.Rod, Jeter, Abreau, Giambi... I'm sorry but the whole feeling like a "Team" and chemesty just aint there... And in Football 16 games is not enough time to get that chemesty once you start off to a slow start.

I'm sorry but the Patriots are the best team money can buy as of right now with big name players such as Moss, Stallworth and A.Thomas.

A.Thomas may be a good LB, But he has been hyped up so much this whole offseason that it aint even funny.. How many people were talking about A.Thomas 2 seasons ago? Nobody as far as I know. This A.Thomas guy is far from great. What made him a little more than productive in Baltimore last year were the players around him. He was more of a product of a great system out in Baltimore, than actually being a great player himself...

And I'm sorry but this Pats Defense of this year without Seymour and Harrison has nothing on the Ravens D of last year, with or without Seymour and Harrison.

The Ravens D line had Suggs, Ngata, and Price on the D-Line last season. Im sorry but J.Green is no Suggs... Wilkfok is better than Ngata and Trevor Price is just as good as T.Warren.

A.Thomas was playing alongside R.Lewis, and once again... I'm sorry... But Teddy B is no Ray Lewis, not even close... R.Lewis is a top 3 MLB in all of Football.

The Ravens also had one of the best secondary in all of Football with two #1 CB's in Rolle and C.McCalister. C.McCalister is actualy a great shut-down coverage corner. Add the fact that Rolle is much better than any other CB on this Patriots team other than A.Samuel and guess what? That alone gave A.Thomas the much needed time to rush the QB and make plays in the backfield without having the Ravens D get burnt on the Blitz by opposing offenses.

Add the fact that the Ravens had E.Reed roaming the secondary... That man is un-Freaking-Believable... One of the best Safetys in the past 10 years, and there is no way... And I repeat no way a safety like Wilson or a backup in Sanders can ever sniff the level of play that E.Reed bring each and every Sunday. Teams are scared to throw deep on the Ravens because of E.Reed himself. A.Thomas fits the role of a OLB much better than he does the starting MLB for this Pats D... He is playing out of position if you ask me.

Sheesh. Evrything in this post is based on wishful thinking... :rolleyes:

In recent years, the Patriots have been a team that has built a great dynasty through the draft and with team team players. Just go ask T.Brown what it means to be a team player, he helped save that secondary with Mangini by switching from a WR to a CB... I just dont see that kind of "Team player" in Randy "Keep me happy" Moss.

first of all, "chemestry" is about leadership more than anything else, and I don't think that will be lacking in the Patriots lockerroom. This team has a very strong leadership culture, managed carefully by Bill Belichick. Newcomers worry more about fitting in that do veterans worry about disruptions.

second, another poster has made the point that most starters were drafted and developed by the patriots.

finally, the Yankee's problems this year were related primarily to a threadbare pitching rotation in April and May and not to any problems among veteran and new players. I'm no Yankee fan, but when you watch them in the dugout during a game you can see that this is a group that gets along as well as any group of highly competitive, highly talented athletes anywhere. That's a strawman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes