PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I just don't see the chemestry that every great team needs in this NE team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I just don't see the chemestry that every great team needs in this NE team.

lol... Visiting locker room? Why? Because im a jets fan?

This is Patriots related... Not Jets related. The fact that Brady once again has 3 new WR's to throw the ball to in Moss, Stallworth, and welker plus you all just released Caldwell who was Bradys number 1 man... And guess what? The Chemestry man not be there.

Just go ask Manning and harrison who it means to have trust, timing, and chemestry down pat.

What made the Montana-Young combo so great?

I know Brady is a HOF QB but at the same time he may make some crutial mistakes trying to force the ball into the hands of a Moss or Stallworth. Sometimes I feel Brady works the best with WR's who just do thier job and get open.

So yea... Put this in the visitor locker room... Whats the point of have a pats site if other fans cant talk about the Pats?

Bottom line is this... The Chemestry may not be there with Moss, Stallworth and Welker... Add the fact that the Defense lost 2 leaders on the D in Seymour and Harrison less than 10 days before the start of the season... Yea, i'm sure you all will be perfect and never miss a beat...

Give me a break.

Not because you're a Jets fan but because you're an idiot (the word you're looking for is "chemistry", by the way) whose only interest is to talk smack.

Gee, Defensewinschampionships, you really have me worried. I mean, with all of the time you spent with the team on the practice field, with all of those happy hours in the Patriots' locker room while they were changing, and with all that time you spent socializing with team members--your opinion of the team's chemistry really matters.

But not to anyone except you.

Can a mod just condense all of DefenseWinsChampionships' threads into one entitled "DefenseWinsChampionships' Crappy Post Troll Compilation" please? They're starting to get in the way of legitimate threads.

lol... Visiting locker room? Why? Because im a jets fan?

This is Patriots related... Not Jets related. The fact that Brady once again has 3 new WR's to throw the ball to in Moss, Stallworth, and welker plus you all just released Caldwell who was Bradys number 1 man... And guess what? The Chemestry man not be there.

Just go ask Manning and harrison who it means to have trust, timing, and chemestry down pat.

What made the Montana-Young combo so great?

I know Brady is a HOF QB but at the same time he may make some crutial mistakes trying to force the ball into the hands of a Moss or Stallworth. Sometimes I feel Brady works the best with WR's who just do thier job and get open.

So yea... Put this in the visitor locker room... Whats the point of have a pats site if other fans cant talk about the Pats?

Bottom line is this... The Chemestry may not be there with Moss, Stallworth and Welker... Add the fact that the Defense lost 2 leaders on the D in Seymour and Harrison less than 10 days before the start of the season... Yea, i'm sure you all will be perfect and never miss a beat...

Give me a break.
If Brady can build chemistry with Caldwell in a year then I am pretty sure he can do it with Welker or any of the other receivers.

Its amazing how you love making an idiot out of yourself. Keep it up and someday you might get as pathetic as Aqua.

Don't worry about us buddy we'll be ready Let's see if Revis is the next Ty Law or the next Chris Canty, because he will be tested early and often by the looks of Stallworth, Moss, and Gaffney if he is gonna be your number 1 cb.
Your running game doesn't scare me in the least Jarvis Green is a starter on more than 70 percent of the teams in this league we just have the luxury to have him as a rotational player and a great insurance policy for situations such as this.
My only concern is that Rhodes read that fake BB quote and Mangina's kept him in isolation from hearing the truth and the rewritten apology that he is so hyped up he knocks Brady or Moss's head off.
Theres a guy who is a frickin beast in my opinion a candidate for illegal substances if there ever was one.
Anyhow no chemistry?
You must be joking Randy has been talking like he's been on the team for years not months.
Welker is Brady's go to man on third down good luck keeping an eye on him.
I'm just gonna stop cause it's gonna take alot more than Mangina trying to spy pieces of our game plan a storm and a rowdy crowd to knock these guys out.
Cause believe me will be ready for the JESTERS!

Since you didn't bother to respond to my other post.

Where to begin?

1) First, where do you buy one of those newfangled chemistry-o-meters? Absolutely no one talked about chemistry as a problem for NY until they started poorly. How do you measure it in a team that you don't even follow?

2) How do you know Thomas isn't great on his own. You do realize that Lewis was the 3rd best LB on his own team, right? Lewis hasn't been in the top 10 in the league at LB since 2003. I will grant you that Baltimore has a lot of talent on the D side of the ball, but I seem to recall another team that allowed less than 15 ppg last year that has some talent as well. d%#*!@t, who were they again? BTW, Rolle sucked last year and has for two years now. NE has two guys that are better than him. You are really out there if you want to prop up Rolle as an eample of Balt's talent edge.

3) As I said in the above post, NE allowed 2 more ppg than Baltimore and 1 less than Chicago. They were 5th in rushing ypg and 10th in ypc allowed. They allowed the fewest passing TDs in the league - despite three complete flukes coming in weeks 2 and 3. They did this with one ILB playing out of position with a broken hand, one ILB on IR, one OLB playing ILB with back issues and without the two top safeties for most of the year. Even if you want to say that Baltimore is *that* much better than NE, then you have to say that NE is easily one of the top 2-3 remaining defenses.

4) For some reason, I can't quite get my head around why Stalworth/Moss/Welker will have that much a harder time building chemistry than Caldwell/Jackson/Gabriel.

5) The "money can buy" is complete garbage. Do you even realize that Thomas was the only signing with significant $ involved?

I have no problem with other fans' opinions. I just can't stand it when people pass of utter crap like this. There is not one correct statement in that entire post other than McAlister and Suggs are excellent players.

6) Your draft comment is idiotic. There are three ways to garner players, FA, trades and the draft. All three are viable in and of themselves as long as you select good players. What makes the draft more important is that it is the easiest way to get more value than you pay for, thus keeping cap numbers low for the talent. But even the draft doesn't work if you pick bad players. That is what it all comes down to, the quality of the players brought it and the money that you give them. Do you really believe that Mangin wouldn't have jumped at the chance to bring in Moss for only a 4th and $3mm? Or Stallworth for only $3.6mm? Or Thomas at 20% *more* than NE gave him? Please.

That said, NE will start this Sunday with 8 of 11 defensive draftees and 7 of 11 offensive draftees. Does that really sound like a team that doesn't draft? Come on, man. Think a little.

Come on, man. Think a little.

That's asking a lot from a Jets fan and obvious troll. Don't give the little turd the time of day.

Since you didn't bother to respond to my other post.

Where to begin?

1) First, where do you buy one of those newfangled chemistry-o-meters? Absolutely no one talked about chemistry as a problem for NY until they started poorly. How do you measure it in a team that you don't even follow?

2) How do you know Thomas isn't great on his own. You do realize that Lewis was the 3rd best LB on his own team, right? Lewis hasn't been in the top 10 in the league at LB since 2003. I will grant you that Baltimore has a lot of talent on the D side of the ball, but I seem to recall another team that allowed less than 15 ppg last year that has some talent as well. d%#*!@t, who were they again? BTW, Rolle sucked last year and has for two years now. NE has two guys that are better than him. You are really out there if you want to prop up Rolle as an eample of Balt's talent edge.

3) As I said in the above post, NE allowed 2 more ppg than Baltimore and 1 less than Chicago. They were 5th in rushing ypg and 10th in ypc allowed. They allowed the fewest passing TDs in the league - despite three complete flukes coming in weeks 2 and 3. They did this with one ILB playing out of position with a broken hand, one ILB on IR, one OLB playing ILB with back issues and without the two top safeties for most of the year. Even if you want to say that Baltimore is *that* much better than NE, then you have to say that NE is easily one of the top 2-3 remaining defenses.

4) For some reason, I can't quite get my head around why Stalworth/Moss/Welker will have that much a harder time building chemistry than Caldwell/Jackson/Gabriel.

5) The "money can buy" is complete garbage. Do you even realize that Thomas was the only signing with significant $ involved?

I have no problem with other fans' opinions. I just can't stand it when people pass of utter crap like this. There is not one correct statement in that entire post other than McAlister and Suggs are excellent players.

6) Your draft comment is idiotic. There are three ways to garner players, FA, trades and the draft. All three are viable in and of themselves as long as you select good players. What makes the draft more important is that it is the easiest way to get more value than you pay for, thus keeping cap numbers low for the talent. But even the draft doesn't work if you pick bad players. That is what it all comes down to, the quality of the players brought it and the money that you give them. Do you really believe that Mangin wouldn't have jumped at the chance to bring in Moss for only a 4th and $3mm? Or Stallworth for only $3.6mm? Or Thomas at 20% *more* than NE gave him? Please.

That said, NE will start this Sunday with 8 of 11 defensive draftees and 7 of 11 offensive draftees. Does that really sound like a team that doesn't draft? Come on, man. Think a little.

That's about the best NE fan i'v seen on this site. Nice post.

Honestly... I just feel with the additon of Moss, Stallworth and Welker that it may take time to become a great group of WR's for Brady.

I also feel that A.Thomas was a product of a great system out in Baltimore and had way to much hype this whole offseason. Before last year, who knew about Thomas? lol... There was a reason for that also.

And as far as Seymour being replaced by Green, and Harrison being replaced by Sanders... I'm sorry, but thats a problem. I dont give a damn if you have all pro type backups on this team... Whenever 2 leaders of the D goes down and is missing in action at the same time, it cant be good.

When was the last time Seymour and Harrison were both out of the starting lineup at the SAME TIME?

Someone is whistlin' past the graveyard to calm his nerves.

I got half way through this thread and this exact phase popped into my head. :D

Nope, there are no scary monsters under my bed, nosireeee. Not one :rolleyes:

Honestly... I just feel with the additon of Moss, Stallworth and Welker that it may take time to become a great group of WR's for Brady.

I also feel that A.Thomas was a product of a great system out in Baltimore and had way to much hype this whole offseason. Before last year, who knew about Thomas? lol... There was a reason for that also.

And as far as Seymour being replaced by Green, and Harrison being replaced by Sanders... I'm sorry, but thats a problem. I dont give a damn if you have all pro type backups on this team... Whenever 2 leaders of the D goes down and is missing in action at the same time, it cant be good.

When was the last time Seymour and Harrison were both out of the starting lineup at the SAME TIME?

So, once again: With all those problems the Pats have, if they beat the Jets on the road, how does that bode for your next 4 months, DWC?

Geez, can they play a game before we judge if they have chemisty?

Even in the preseason, every time the Pats starters left the field, they did so with a lead.

I just don't see how you can judge something you have yet to observe.

Well then guess what? Thanks for Mangini.

The Jets FO talked to Caldwell, got as much info about the Patriot playcalling as they could, and guess what? Caldwell is still not a Jet.

Great job Manginious

How do you know that Caldwell didn't say, "No contract, no info."? He wasn't there very long. Either he didn't have much to say or the Jets didn't have much to offer in return,

RE: A. Thomas, are you saying you're a better judge of talent than Belichick and Piolli? Do you think they were just taken in by the "hype" and didn't do their homework?

So, once again: With all those problems the Pats have, if they beat the Jets on the road, how does that bode for your next 4 months, DWC?

Honestly... I just dont see a Patriots victory this week... I just dont see it. If they do beat the Jets, ill come back and take the abuse. But this is a solid Jets team we have this year, and I just see us upsetting this Patriot team on Sunday.

I love being the underdog.... And plus, the Pats are favored by like 6.5... We should lose this game in the eyes of the media, fans, and experts.

Let me ask you something.... What if the Jets beat the Pats this week?

Let me guess, it will be because Seymour and Harrison were out, or the fact that it was a road game, what will you all be saying about the Jets on this site? How bad we still suck? and how it was a lucky w?

Chemistry? The season hasn't even started. What's there to see. We wont see chemistry until the team loses a tough game, or pulls a rabbit out of their hat. The 2001 team was the ultimate overachieving SB team of all time, and that team didn't start to gel until Week 3 or 4. I dont see any reason why this team wont "find itself" in time for a playoff run.

At this time last year, Gaffney wasn't on the team, Gabriel was the great hope for our O and Samuel was a nickleback playing out of position because the FO hadn't been able to sign Law (sic).

DWC- As far as James Sanders is concerned he has both BB's and Rodney's full endorsement on many occasions especially this off season.
James is the future at safety on this team it's very telling when BB stated that James knew all the calls and he was very impressed how he picked up the whole defense and is very comfortable in doing so.
Now I'm not saying he is as good or and upgrade on a Rodney Harrison or a Kerry Rhodes, but I wouldn't be the least surprised if he made at least one crucial play this Sunday.

As far as Mr Green is concerned he is our most athletic D lineman he can cause match up problems think of him similar to a Charles Grant on the Saints.
He has proven many times that he could start in this league and being hear as long as he is I'm sure he knows all the plays Seymour does and is a great locker room guy.
So your whole argument has lost it's final straw you were clutching and the only way the Patriots lose is if our o line plays JEKYLL and HYDE and let us down.
Other then that happening I think the Patriots have more talent on both sides of the ball.

Sanders is not at Harrison's level, that is sure. The same can be said for Green although I believe that Jarvis would start for most teams in the league and he would immediately be NY's best DL. The last time both missed time was in the middle of 2005 but, while those were dreadful times for NE's defense, there is not one single defensive position that has not improved since then. Not one. So any comparison would be completely irrelevent.

I fully expect Stallworth and Moss to take some time, but they will be better than Gabriel and Caldwell were just because of their sheer talent. Welkel is another story. I expect him and Brady to come out looking like they have played together for some time now; not necessarily in a Manning/Harrison type way, but much better than typical for a QB/WR combo playing in their first game together.

Plenty of people knew about Thomas prior to last year. In fact, a large groudswell of positive commentary is the reason why he was so easy to notice. If you want to go back two years, I can live with that, but Thomas has been on the radar for some time now. All that said, I really have to just use the "In Bill We Trust" card on this one. To date, BB has missed on plenty of FAs, but not a single one was of the caliber of Thomas. I have no doubt that he will prove you wrong many times over by the time his contract is up.

Well then guess what? Thanks for Mangini.

The Jets FO talked to Caldwell, got as much info about the Patriot playcalling as they could, and guess what? Caldwell is still not a Jet.

Great job Manginious

How would you know what, if any information he got? Or is hyperbole your strong suit?

Honestly... I just dont see a Patriots victory this week... I just dont see it. If they do beat the Jets, ill come back and take the abuse. But this is a solid Jets team we have this year, and I just see us upsetting this Patriot team on Sunday.

I love being the underdog.... And plus, the Pats are favored by like 6.5... We should lose this game in the eyes of the media, fans, and experts.

Let me guess, it will be because Seymour and Harrison were out, or the fact that it was a road game, what will you all be saying about the Jets on this site? How bad we still suck? and how it was a lucky w?

No, that you merely held serve.

I would say it would be a bad development for the Pats, but knowing that it was on the road, and that we get Harrison and Seymour back later in the season would give me far more optimism than if I were a Jets fan and the Jets were to lose to such a team that you have spelled out in such detail above was so vulnerable.

If the Jets lose, they are in a hole. They would have lost their first home game, against a division team that is missing two of its foundation defensive players (players they will gain back well-rested later in the season) before the rematch in Foxboro. How ya like THEM apples?

My honest opinion of the Jets defense? Only Kerry Rhodes (whom I love) would be a starter for NE. Even with Seymour *and* Harrison gone, I believe that NE is better individually at 10 of the 11 positions. Really, the only other guy that is debatable is B. Thomas.

Now, let's look at the Jets offense. I like Maroney more than Jones, but I will grant you that one. I like Moss and Stallworth, but I will give the edge to C & C there. I really like Baker so I will give NY the edge there. But that is as far as I can go. NE is clearly superior at every other position.

Does this mean that I don't think the Jets are all that good? Of course not. Everything that I have read on NY's two main rookies leads me to believe that they are players. The Jets are also well coached. They aren't *that* far behind in some of the positions where NE has an edge. Plus, any team can beat another team if the right things fall into place.

But if NY wins it will be a significant upset. Hell, they really don't even have a HFA as their worst performance against NE happens on their own turf every year. I will be very surprised if NE does not win this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back