PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I just don't see the chemestry that every great team needs in this NE team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I just don't see the chemestry that every great team needs in this NE team.

My honest opinion of the Jets defense? Only Kerry Rhodes (whom I love) would be a starter for NE. Even with Seymour *and* Harrison gone, I believe that NE is better individually at 10 of the 11 positions. Really, the only other guy that is debatable is B. Thomas.
I think Vilma would find his way onto the field a lot for us too.

I'm not giving up on Maroney vs. Jones as easily as you did though ;)

I'd WAY rather have Maroney than Jones. That's a no brainer. Maroney has it in him to be something special. Jones is JAG.

I'd WAY rather have Maroney than Jones. That's a no brainer. Maroney has it in him to be something special. Jones is JAG.

I wouldn't call Jones a JAG, but I agree with you. I'm pretty sure that my post even said that. I was just trying to be generous in my assessment.

What ever happend to "Please don't feed the trolls?"

I don't see Jones as anything special. But I will admit that if he's getting 6 YPC on Bruschi and Thomas on Sunday, we could be in trouble. If we can shut down their running game this isn't even going to be close.

The '01 team survived Bryan Cox and a displaced Drew Bledsoe. Randy Moss alone won't be enough to drag this team down.

Rather than looking Randy Moss, I choose to focus on Brady, Brown, Faulk, Koppen, Light, Seymour, Warren, Bruschi, Colvin, Vrabel, and Harrison. Those are all veterans who have bought into this system (as evidenced by FA signing or re-signing with the team) and earned rings. There are probably more guys I could list under the crew to keep anyone new in line. For all we know Stephen Neal will put a sleeper hold on anyone who steps out of line.

Chemistry is one of those horribly overblown things anyway. Teams with chemistry don't win; winning teams are attributed chemistry.

As for free agent additions, the team has always tried to bring in new guys. This year more of them said "yes." Vrabel, Harrison, Colvin are the first guys who jump to mind. Roman Phifer came in as a FA. Seau was a great addition last year until his arm snapped in two. The aforementioned Bryan Cox was a FA here once. They brought in Dillon similarly to the way they brought Moss in. I don't see the problem here.

The Yankees suffered from pitching injuries, poor pitching, horrible early seasons by Cano and Abreu (maybe some others though I don't recall), and awful luck. They're still going to make the playoffs in the league where the fewest teams advance. When they lose in the playoffs it will be because their pitching is suspect, not because A-Rod and Jeter can't get along. I don't see how it's relevant.

We'll see how the season plays out. I have no issue with predicting downfalls, but the reasons need to stick. Old (you didn't go with age, but many do)? Not really, just the LBs. Forgoing the draft? No, not with all of the drafted players on the roster and extra 1sts and 3rds next year. Chemistry issues? Not with all of the veteran leaders on the team and a coach who will not put up with any bull.

And the fact that the division is so weak makes the downfall even less likely.

Judging from preseason first string outings, the Jets are the team that needs to be worried about chemistry -- not New England.

Honestly... I just feel with the additon of Moss, Stallworth and Welker that it may take time to become a great group of WR's for Brady.

Last year we played you early - IN NEW YORK - and had a worse group of WRs that had LESS time to get in sync with Brady and we put 27 points on you (and could've scored 3-7 more, what with taking a knee in your red zone at th end).

Wanna try again?

OP - What the **** are you talking about? When you play on a team with more talent, you have less of a chance to shine.

How the he!! would you know!!! TROLL.

Last edited:

Is that you Bob Jensen?

Last edited:

I just think the chemesty will be gone with this years NE team with Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Seymour out, Harrison out, and Maroneys first year starting.

BB sold his soul to the devil when he went and tested the FA market, and this year we may see why Dynastys are built through the draft, not Free Agency.

If you ask me, you've got it all wrong. Somehow I must have missed all the internal strife that's a sign of bad chemistry. You must have, too, since you didn't mention it in your post...

Pulled the following off of www.jetsinsider.net... it seems that a fellow there with the same name as our favorite troll this week had been banned from the site after posting the following little tidbit, but is now allowed to post with his fellow Jets fans again.

BEGIN QUOTE:

"This has to do with the Court System... It's either im blessed or I'm drop dead Lucky

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is long... But OMG... I'm just in shock still.

Damn yo, I been so stressed out, you all don't even know the excitement level/cloud nine that I'm on right now... I'm like whoa... I still cant believe what just happened.

See I'm 20 now, but when I was 16 I go pulled over with my friend while we were smoking a blunt, cop put the lights on... I ate the blunt... But forgot I had a quarter, 9 grams under my seat (I could not find this quarter for like 3 weeks or something like that) So when he asked if he could search... I ain't wanna be a prick and say no for the simple fact I was already high... And that right there alone is a charge waiting to happen... So I let him search, to make a long story short... He issued me a situation to appear in court... I got my license suspended for 6 months, P.O for 12 months, but got off after 6, had drug tests... all that... After i was done with P.O I went and got my license back that week... But then like 3 months later I did not even pay my car insurance and my license got suspended again....

but...

I had this job at Special Data Processing... Where I would sell magazines, it was pretty good money for me when I was 17, was making like 550-700 a week off of hours and commission... Long story short... On the way back to work from my lunch break... I hit a parked car going like 5 mph... No1 was in the car, I got nervous and left and parked my car behind a store... Went back to work... Well I guess someone seen me do it, called the police... Long story short, I got arrested but got bailed out that same day for driving on a suspended license (1st time actually on SUSPENDED License) for no insurance, driving on a suspended license, and no registration for the car (I just got the car 2 weeks prior)... So once again, I was on p.o for another 6 months and a whole lot of court fees and all that...

Now... when I was 19... Last year... After I got my license back (AGAIN)... I failed to pay a traffic ticket for a unsafe lane change... The ticket was real cheap, but I just forgot to pay it for some stupid reason... To make a long story short... My older sister was in the hospital about to have her baby... I jumped in my moms car and drove to the hospital to see my nephew... On the way back I got pulled over on another SUSPENDED for failure to pay a traffic ticket... I was like FUCCKKK.... Thank god this time I ain't get P.O and I just had to pay some fines...

Now that was the 3rd time my license was suspended... and the second time for driving on a suspended... I honestly did learn my lesion to not fuuck around with my license... but hey, what can I say... I was young... but at the same time determined to keep my license, and insurance on the up and up...

But about 2 months ago I had the worst luck of my life... About 3 months ago I got a ticket for going 7 over the speed limit... So is what happened was... I called the traffic court to get an extension to pay it... they gave me an extra 30 days... During that time I sold my 1990 Cadillac fleet wood for 1800 dollars... I actually canceled my insurance on the car... I had a extension for 30 days on my ticket... But I actually forgot to turn in my LICENSE PLATE.... I never knew we had to do that shiit here in Florida... So once again, to make a long story short.... 2 month ago I was driving in Clearwater, its right around the beech where all the clubs are... And I was with my girl, I got pulled over again!!!!! But this time, I was not worries because I was in her car, i had my license on me and everything... Come to find out, next thing I know I'm in the back of the car going to county jail for the simple fact I did not turn in my plates... 3 times and your out... This is a FELONY...

I was in county for 2 days before I went to court... The judge actually gave me R.O.R... Which means I'm released under my own supervision before I actually have to go to court... Well every Wednesday I had to call the R.O.R office from the hours of 8:30 a.m, and 4:00 p.m, just to check in and see if I have a court date yet... It's a felony, and 100% Lucie's suspended for 5 years, because it's the 3rd driving on a suspended in 5 years... And I was looking at 6-12 months in county jail... the 6 months in County was not the part that was horrible... It was the license suspended for 5 years that would have killed me... I mean I'm 20 now, and would actually be 25 going on 26 before I ever drove again... And I'm not the person to take a cab, take a bus, or ask other for a ride to work... So I would have been shiit out of luck ya know?

Anyways... I called in today, and the girl who I always talk to said... "OMG, I cant fuucking believe what I'm looking at right now" I got so nervous when she said that to me... Then she started to LOL... And she was like "Phil, can you believe that state did not pick up the case, and this charge is actually dismissed and thrown out of the system".... When she said that, my face turned pale... I could not believe what I was hearing... So I called back 2 more times to talk to two different people... All said the same news...

All I know is this, I have to pay 75 dollars to get my license back... And I know I'm blessed, but at the same time... I know I'm lucky here. My brother told me its like 1 in every 1500 people with a felony... To actually have the case thrown out before you even go to court and get a lawyer.

The thing is... I think the state seen how I extended the ticket, canceled my insurance, and was driving with no knowledge of a suspended the 3rd time.... So they ain't throw the book at me.

All I have to say is thank god... And I will never, ever... ever, ever, ever be in a situation like this again.

Thanks to all who took the time to check what I had to say out."

END QUOTE

link: http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=112004

Relevant... prob. not... but thought that it might help to have some insight into Defensewinschampionships.

The closer we get to game time, the weirder this board gets. Hah!

Much more than 10 characters.

Damn, I remember those days like yesterday... Yea I made some mistakes, and it all started with having Weed on me... From there on everything just went down hill as far as my license goes.

Everything happens for a reason in life, maybe not everything... But at the same time, put it this way, me being in jail for 2 days made me never wanna go back... It's not the fighting that you see, or the crazy people your around that got to me... It's the damn food. Can you believe that u get a bologna sandwich with 1 piece, I repeat 1 piece of Bologna with a packet of mustard? Not even any mayo... Are you kidding me, not even any freaking Mayo?

Say what you wanna say about me, I was young, I made mistakes when I was younger as far as driving goes, I was young, but at the same time I know people that I grew up with who made mistakes in life that landed them in prison for years, let alone county jail for 2 years. I learned alot of things from those days in my life... It only made me a stronger person and a better Man to my lady in the long run... Because she's had my back this whole time and never gave up on me like alot of other girls would have done. She still always makes jokes and says... Did you pay your car insurance this month? Any tickets lately? Still smoking weed? lol, she throws alot of things in my face but I understand why she does it.

And I bet after reading that link... Alot of posters will throw things in my face over the internet, I understand that, but you know what? I'm glad they happen when I was younger rather than later

This guy upsets the posters on Jets Nation as well. He is convinced they are certs for the AFC East and even the other Jets fans are sick of him...they are more realistic in their assessments

In recent years, the Patriots have been a team that has built a great dynasty through the draft and with team team players. Just go ask T.Brown what it means to be a team player, he helped save that secondary with Mangini by switching from a WR to a CB... I just dont see that kind of "Team player" in Randy "Keep me happy" Moss.

The Patriots remind me of this years Yankees "team"... I love the Yankees, but it took us halfway through the Season to finially get hot. Players such as A.Rod, Jeter, Abreau, Giambi... I'm sorry but the whole feeling like a "Team" and chemesty just aint there... And in Football 16 games is not enough time to get that chemesty once you start off to a slow start.

I'm sorry but the Patriots are the best team money can buy as of right now with big name players such as Moss, Stallworth and A.Thomas.

A.Thomas may be a good LB, But he has been hyped up so much this whole offseason that it aint even funny.. How many people were talking about A.Thomas 2 seasons ago? Nobody as far as I know. This A.Thomas guy is far from great. What made him a little more than productive in Baltimore last year were the players around him. He was more of a product of a great system out in Baltimore, than actually being a great player himself...

And I'm sorry but this Pats Defense of this year without Seymour and Harrison has nothing on the Ravens D of last year, with or without Seymour and Harrison.

The Ravens D line had Suggs, Ngata, and Price on the D-Line last season. Im sorry but J.Green is no Suggs... Wilkfok is better than Ngata and Trevor Price is just as good as T.Warren.

A.Thomas was playing alongside R.Lewis, and once again... I'm sorry... But Teddy B is no Ray Lewis, not even close... R.Lewis is a top 3 MLB in all of Football.

The Ravens also had one of the best secondary in all of Football with two #1 CB's in Rolle and C.McCalister. C.McCalister is actualy a great shut-down coverage corner. Add the fact that Rolle is much better than any other CB on this Patriots team other than A.Samuel and guess what? That alone gave A.Thomas the much needed time to rush the QB and make plays in the backfield without having the Ravens D get burnt on the Blitz by opposing offenses.

Add the fact that the Ravens had E.Reed roaming the secondary... That man is un-Freaking-Believable... One of the best Safetys in the past 10 years, and there is no way... And I repeat no way a safety like Wilson or a backup in Sanders can ever sniff the level of play that E.Reed bring each and every Sunday. Teams are scared to throw deep on the Ravens because of E.Reed himself. A.Thomas fits the role of a OLB much better than he does the starting MLB for this Pats D... He is playing out of position if you ask me.

I just think the chemesty will be gone with this years NE team with Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Seymour out, Harrison out, and Maroneys first year starting.

BB sold his soul to the devil when he went and tested the FA market, and this year we may see why Dynastys are built through the draft, not Free Agency.

You know what, you're right.

Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel, Troy Brown, Izzo, Faulk, Brady...those are nothing but selfish, turdish, me first kinds of players.

This Patriots team sucks and this is the year they implode, 5-11 and last in the division.

Get off this board, idiot.

Damn, I remember those days like yesterday... Yea I made some mistakes, and it all started with having Weed on me... From there on everything just went down hill as far as my license goes.

Everything happens for a reason in life, maybe not everything... But at the same time, put it this way, me being in jail for 2 days made me never wanna go back... It's not the fighting that you see, or the crazy people your around that got to me... It's the damn food. Can you believe that u get a bologna sandwich with 1 piece, I repeat 1 piece of Bologna with a packet of mustard? Not even any mayo... Are you kidding me, not even any freaking Mayo?

Say what you wanna say about me, I was young, I made mistakes when I was younger as far as driving goes, I was young, but at the same time I know people that I grew up with who made mistakes in life that landed them in prison for years, let alone county jail for 2 years. I learned alot of things from those days in my life... It only made me a stronger person and a better Man to my lady in the long run... Because she's had my back this whole time and never gave up on me like alot of other girls would have done. She still always makes jokes and says... Did you pay your car insurance this month? Any tickets lately? Still smoking weed? lol, she throws alot of things in my face but I understand why she does it.

And I bet after reading that link... Alot of posters will throw things in my face over the internet, I understand that, but you know what? I'm glad they happen when I was younger rather than later
What are you babbling about?

You know what, you're right.

Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel, Troy Brown, Izzo, Faulk, Brady...those are nothing but selfish, turdish, me first kinds of players.

This Patriots team sucks and this is the year they implode, 5-11 and last in the division.

Get off this board, idiot.

Take an idiot to know an idiot... Idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back