I hope I NEVER see that again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe bb remember Blount is on the roster next week

Blount's past three games vs. a Rex Ryan defense, prior to yesterday's game:

--5 attempts for 0 yards

--4 attempts for 11 yards

--1 attempt for 4 yards

I think it's safe to say that Blount isn't the kind of back who will see success vs. tough defensive fronts. This was also on display yesterday, as well as the BAL and SEA postseason games.

Those are games where you utilize a 3rd down back, and Shane Vereen had his two biggest games last year against DET and SEA. I think we saw Lewis repeat the same yesterday in BUF.

Blount's past three games vs. a Rex Ryan defense, prior to yesterday's game:

--5 attempts for 0 yards

--4 attempts for 11 yards

--1 attempt for 4 yards

I think it's safe to say that Blount isn't the kind of back who will see success vs. tough defensive fronts. This was also on display yesterday, as well as the BAL and SEA postseason games.

Those are games where you utilize a 3rd down back, and Shane Vereen had his two biggest games last year against DET and SEA. I think we saw Lewis repeat the same yesterday in BUF.
are you saying that Jax's front is too tough as well? Because I want them to have some general diversity between the run and the pass.

That was some Bull Mort play calling.

Gotta think there is more to than the obvious. BB does things for a reason.

are you saying that Jax's front is too tough as well? Because I want them to have some general diversity between the run and the pass.

You may have a point that the JAX defensive front shouldn't be overlooked, but I wasn't really considering next week's game, to be honest.

I was just stating Blount's current struggles against a Ryan coached defense, which is now on a 4 game streak, while also bringing up his failures against generally tough fronts such as DET and SEA.

I understand that it is a long season, and you can't run a quarterback sneak every time. You have to make the defense respect a pass.
You know, considering that Belichick operates light years beyond just about everyone else, I think it might be possible that both of those 4th downs were intended to achieve precisely that.

They should have never gone for either 4th down play. They should have punted it and pushed the Bills deep inside their own territory. Just stupid.
**** that, don't punt on fourth and less than 5 especially 1, in opponents territory with this offense. Going for it was 100% the right decision.

I might use a slightly different word choice. I wouldn't say Blount cant succeed against tough Defenses. I would say he is not the best option against a big, oversized D line where you want to attack on the perimeter. Blount has a nice skill set and we will see him against some tougher units like Denver and in bad weather. The game plan Sunday was to go away from the Bills' strength on the D line and beat them with speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST