PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am happy to be alive and back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad your still with us, get well soon!

But the bottom line is for all of you to take the time to post there is just one thing for me to say to all of you......

thanks-april.jpg

Glad to hear you're still with us after your accident. I'm on the road a lot running my business and I've managed somehow to stay in one piece but everyday I worry my number is coming ... what fraction of a second decision can we make to stay alive in such a scenario that we cannot plan for ... well now you know better than most of us ... make the most of the 8 lives you have left. ;) ... :eat1:

Dang dude, I'm very sorry this happened to you. I'm glad you are alive too, and wish you the best in your rehab. There but for the grace of God go any one of us.

Sorry to hear about your accident, PA. Good to see your still alive, thankful, and probably in some strange way, a better man for it. Get better and stay that way.

"Broken pelvis" can mean a number of things, but the biggest dangers are all related to spending long periods of time off your feet.

So, no matter how much you may hate it, and no matter how much it hurt, whatever movement they recommend, DO IT.

Very good advice/point. Bedridden patients are among those most susceptible to thrombus(clot) formation among other things. Keep those toes wigglin PFinPA or yeah whatever they recommend.

Last edited:
If Crable can make it back anyone can. Get well.

Dude, DON'T draw THAT parallel. If PFinPA's chances are equivalent to Crable's chances of playing a meaningful down, he's a goner.

PatsfanPA-I'm happy that you're OK. Best wishes on your recovery.

Glad you are OK, sounds scary, good luck in your recovery

Is that video real or staged? :eek:

Don't know. But it looks like it's taken from a security camera. If it's staged, that's some risk the guy is putting on to himself. He's wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Sorry to hear about the accident, I had a similar experience with an older driver a number of years ago. You are a good poster, I've enjoyed reading what you've had to say over the (many) years (of my lurking on this board). Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

As someone who has also survived a potentially serious accident on the road I can relate to how lucky you feel.

WOW what a scare! I remember doin some stunts on my car while being semi-drunk, not to mention I live on an island where you run out of road quickly. I just got the thing back in July 09. The next day my cousin who works at the transport dept. heard reports of my car which was mentioned only as my license number doing extreme speeding and wreckless driving. Also my friend who was with me said that I am nuts and could've gotten us killed cause the reports said it almost tipped over.

You're story is more scary and you truly are lucky to be alive. My story compares nothing to yours but after that I realised how silly it was taking my life for granted. Reading your story reminds me of my dumbest nite ever. It has never happened again, now I roll or run home when I'm drunk!

Good luck in your recovery!!!

Speedy recovery bud.

I fear old people driving as much as anything.

recovery23.gif

This is exhibit 1 of why I will never own a bike. It's not me that I'm worried about, it's other people like this moron.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Glad your back man I hope you have a full and speedy recovery! Speaking of being back whatever happen to mayoclinic?

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I know what its like, I survived a head on collision where I came around a bend on a narrow road seeing a truck on one side and an idiot overtaking him coming straight at me.

Here I am now with a lip busted in 4 places which the force of my head actually bent the steering wheel in half and worse I sustained a severe painful broken pelvis to my right side which will keep me bedbound for 2-4 months.

Cool man! Glad to know you're still with us! Thanks for sharing!

That being said, not to belittle the busted lip, nor the effect of pain killers - but I suggest you lead with the shattered pelvis next time you tell the story.

;)

Last edited:
Cool man! Glad to know you're still with us! Thanks for sharing!

That being said, not to belittle the busted lip, nor the effect of pain killers - but I suggest you lead with the shattered pelvis next time you tell the story.

;)

I like to start off my threads slowly :)

One thing I must say is I love these new disolving stitches,it saves me from more pain of getting them taken out and back to the Dr. like you would have had to do years ago,A few have gone away but there are still several left and my lip still resembles a 1st round T.K.O. by Tyson.

I was able to SLOWLY get out of bed on one leg today and stand with my bad one in the air balanced by one of those old man walker devices,I never felt so happy in my life,I sit and almost laugh of how normal it is to do this everyday in a regular,non accidental situation and here I am happy and gleeful because I could stand on just one leg - its a start....boy,the little things change in a life ..fast,especially the ones everyone in here and everywhere in the world take for granted when healthy.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you're alright. Best of luck on a speedy and full recovery. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back