PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hunt for the 1 seed - Pats in 1st place again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
people want to talk about our defense, but the Raiders defense is pourous and has had one game they kept the opponent under 20. good offenses have been passing all over them. they gave up 32 today to the panthers.

people here are freaking out that we gave up 17 to the Jets.

Yep, they might have one of the worst pass defenses in the league, and they get penalized a lot. They've got a legit offense and a couple play makers on defense, but they can be had.

people want to talk about our defense, but the Raiders defense is pourous and has had one game they kept the opponent under 20. good offenses have been passing all over them. they gave up 32 today to the panthers.

people here are freaking out that we gave up 17 to the Jets.

What does the Raiders defense have to do with how good the Patriots are as of this moment?

People just like to whine and because we are winning they have to nit pick. We have already had more subdued versions of I don't care! I can't stand it
Constanza probably posted on Patsfans

c9af10dd2206d3e37d7ec9f25838bb90.jpg

Bills, Chiefs, Chargers, Colts, Broncos left for the Raiders looks a lot harder than our path these remaining 5 games, I like our chances for the 1 seed...

It will be a crazy finish to the season,no doubt.

Ravens are always very tough for us.

Broncos in Denver. That will be brutal they will play tough.

My worry is we coast into the postseason again like last year.

At Denver and at Miami are traditionally hard games for the Pats to win, even when those teams aren't good. This year, they're both good. Frankly, all 4 of the Pats games after this week's game are going to be tough. I think 4-1 gets them home field for sure, but I think 3-2 is much more likely with all the injuries the offense is working through.
I think at Miami may be tougher than at Denver.

Interestingly they've played all 3 divisional opponents at home but still have to play the Chiefs, Broncos and Chargers on the road, you'd expect they'd lose at least 1 of them then you have the Bills and Colts at home the Colts will be able to put up points at least so you'd expect that game to be competitive, if Tyrod can play well even that one is no gimmie.
hopefully they drop two out of those three.

I think at Miami may be tougher than at Denver.

Absolutely. I think Miami would be a tougher playoff opponent than Denver as well. Though I would still very much like our chances in that matchup.

People here in the bay area on talk radio and all want a raider @ ne battle in the snow for revenge of tuck rule game. They are calling it possibly changing of the guard in reverse like in 2001 when a young upstart QB beat an experience QB and team which was favored.

So they want a game in Gillette? :D

They'll beat the bills, colts and chargers - that won't be a problem for oakland I think they'll also beat the chiefs since the chiefs already beat them once this year. at worst they go 4-1 the rest of the way. On the other hand, the pats have baltimore, denver and miami (on the road). We too will likely go 4-1 the rest of the way.

I think the Patriots' schedule is pretty tough the rest of the way. The Rams game should be the one relatively straightforward win. But Baltimore at home always gives the Pats fits. Every game with the Jets is close. Miami on the road? Always a nightmare. Denver on the road? The Pats almost never win there.

I could see NE going 3-2 the rest of the way. 2-3 would surprise me, but then again, wouldn't shock me.

I see 13-3 or 12-4, with 12-4 being most likely.

People here in the bay area on talk radio and all want a raider @ ne battle in the snow for revenge of tuck rule game. They are calling it possibly changing of the guard in reverse like in 2001 when a young upstart QB beat an experience QB and team which was favored.
Oakland had the experienced QB that night, but if I recall correctly NE was a 2.5 to 3 point favorite going in.

There are 5 games more to go, for god's sake. Are we going to have to endure this a thread like this every week for the rest of the season? For now, who cares. Too much can still happen. Let's just table this discussion for the next few weeks and see where we are when we go down to see the Phins.

Oak beat an NFC team that is why.
Oak is 6-1 in conference, 3-1 out of conf (all out of conf games done)
Pats are 7-1 in conference and 2-1 out of conf ( Rams game is lone remaining NFC game).
Now PAts are 7-1 in AFC vs Oak 6-1 which is the tie breaker.
If they both win this week, they will both be 7-1 in conference and the tie breaker after that is SOV( strength of victory) where Oak has a better SOV now.....

The number 1 seed will be ours when it's all said and done! There's no way in Hell Oakland goes undefeated in their remaining brutal AFC West games. They can very well lose all 3 games! Those scappy San Diego Chargers will be playing spoiler from here on out as well! Our schedule is tough too but more favorable down the stretch. In a perfect world we'll go 4-0 in our next four games and the week 17 @ Miami game is irrelevant!

Has Carr ever played in snow before???? There's a learning curve and I'm not sure I would want it to be in Foxboro come playoff time if I were a Raider fan..............

Almost impossible to tell now. Some big games to keep an eye on are the common opponents i e when they play the bills or both teams having games against denver.

Has Carr ever played in snow before???? There's a learning curve and I'm not sure I would want it to be in Foxboro come playoff time if I were a Raider fan..............
Brady hadnt either in 2001.

Brady hadnt either in 2001.
But he played in Michigan and they had snow games annd crappy weather during his time there. Carr played at Fresno State which has a milder climate.....................

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye