PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How would Goodell have handled this situation??

Status
Not open for further replies.
When David Stern became commish in 1984, he already understood the $$ that could be made from the successes of Tragic Johnson and Larry Bird.

Michael Jordan joined the NBA that same year, and soon thereafter Stern set about to establish what later became known as the "Jordan Rules." Refs were covertly instructed to officiate games in such a way that Stern-approved "superstars" and large-market teams were given favorable treatment whenever possible.

The only thing surprising to me is that this slimy, dirty, not-so-little secret took so long to be uncovered and brought to the attention of the general public. I hope that a full-blown scandal, involving the majority of league zebras, supervisors of officials, coaches, players, owners and the commish himself is the result.

So, effectively, this is a nice F.U. from Donaghy to the NBA for trying to put the screws to him--and, frankly, a far more effective one than Matt Walsh's attempts (assuming they were such).

Donaghy is essentially saying " prove that you spent $1 million investigating me" and let's see if you investigated anybody else?? Stern opened Pandora's box and may not like the outcome.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News