PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft defends Roger Goodell: "The way he has handled this situation is excellent"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Patriots owner Robert Karft defends Commissioner Roger Goodell's handling of Ray Rice case | Boston Herald

"I know our commissioner has taken some heat, and I just want to say that I spoke with him yesterday when this came out, not knowing what was going to happen and knowing I was coming in here, and he had no knowledge of this video. The way he has handled this situation himself, coming out with the mea culpa in his statement a couple weeks ago, or ten days ago, and setting a very clear policy of how we conduct ourselves in the NFL, I thought was excellent. Anyone who is second guessing that doesn’t know him."

Wow...

Just further proof people, Robert Goodell is a FIGUREHEAD who just does what the owners (including one his biggest supporters, Kraft) tell him to do.

Last edited:
I just threw up a little in my own mouth.

Supporting the guy who covered up DV and blamed the victim is disgusting. Mr. Kraft, you disappoint. And to give high marks on handling is obviously untrue given the current state of things. How ridiculous.

Just further-proof people, Robert Goodell is a FIGUREHEAD who just does what the owners (including one his biggest supporters, Kraft) tell him to do.

As I wrote on the Ray Rice thread:

Goodell is the owner's man. They hired him, he works for them. He makes $44M because he makes them a ton of money. He's the guy who does their clean up work so that they can be above it all. They will be behind him 100% right up to the point where he becomes a liability (in terms of either money or public image, which is essentially the same thing), at which point they would jettison him like a hot potato.

One of the few times Mr. Kraft has clearly put his foot in his mouth.

Sometimes it's better to say nothing at all. I think this is one of those times.

I'm not sure what the best route is, but a message from the fan base to Mr. Kraft would not be inappropriate, IMO. This is not the time to be coming across as a league apologist. This was screwed up, and that needs to be admitted, and the responsibility for the fallout taken.

Thats a pretty big endorsement of Goodell. Had kraft said the opposite. it was bye bye time.

I just threw up a little in my own mouth.

Supporting the guy who covered up DV and blamed the victim is disgusting. Mr. Kraft, you disappoint. And to give high marks on handling is obviously untrue given the current state of things. How ridiculous.

I agree. That's incredibly disappointing. I wonder what Myra would have to say.

Well, glad to see that people aren't blind to even Kraft making a PR mistake...someone needs to tell him to just zip it for now...there will be plenty of time for statements....as I said in another thread...Goodell needs to face the questions, not his owners and not his representatives though social media.

Either these NFL reps need to shut up or they need to open up the discussion. Hiding behind social media and throwing out statements without Goodell facing questions is just making this worse.

It Is What It Is >> Robert Kraft says Roger Goodell 'had no knowledge' of Ray Rice video

They're missing the point. Greg Bedard said it best:

As for Goodell and the league office, their credibility took a huge hit in regards to the video. Whether they saw it before Monday or not doesn’t really matter in the end, because it ends up in the same place: ineptitude. If they saw the video and thought two games was the proper suspension for Rice, they failed. If they didn’t push to see the video before reaching their original decision, they also failed.

Ray Rice's Punishment by Ravens, NFL Should Not Have Taken So Long | MMQB

Kraft will always do what he feels is best for the league. Defending Goodell is what is best for the league. Letting people think that Goodell knew what was on the video or didn't try enough to get the video only weakens the league.

BTW, I don't agree with him, but I expect the league to circles the wagons around Goodell.

Defend the Ommissioner to try help in getting the Super Bowl at the Gillette?

Nope, he would have defended him if he had slept with a 10 year old girl. Kraft is a league man and while that payed off big time when it came to the lockout it comes back to bite everyone in the ass when it comes to a team in London, expanded play-offs, and expanded regular season schedule. They believe Goodell is making them a ton of money and will stand by him no matter what he does. Much as i like Bob Kraft and i am grateful to him for all he has done for Patriot fans I can't stand him when he's shilling.

Note to Bob Kraft: Bob, we all love you because of what you've done for our beloved Patriots and the league. We urge you to now step aside to enjoy the fruits of your labors and make your son Jonathan spokesman for the franchise.

Kraft will always do what is best for the league. Defending Goodell is what is best for the league. Letting people think that Goodell knew what was on the video or didn't try enough to get the video only weakens the league.

I have to disagree with you on this one, Rob. Right now the public perception is that the league has tarnished it's own shield, whether by malfeasance, abetment, or just plain incompetence. Circling the wagons won't change that.

This situation is far too messy. Kraft should remain quiet on this one and let Goodell leave quietly and without fanfare.

I have to disagree with you on this one, Rob. Right now the public perception is that the league has tarnished it's own shield. Circling the wagons won't change that.

Goodell and the league is going to take a huge hit no matter what. An owner throwing Goodell under the bus will only worsen the situation.

I don't think there is anything they can do to not take a big hit here. I think all they can do is minimize the damage.

I have to disagree with you on this one, Rob. Right now the public perception is that the league has tarnished it's own shield. Circling the wagons won't change that.

Again, i agree, but circle the wagons they will Goodell isn't going anywhere, and not only will they decide against it but they won't even bother to consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back