PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft defends Roger Goodell: "The way he has handled this situation is excellent"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We honestly shouldn't be expecting any resignation. At the end of the day absolutely none of us are "outraged" over anything. We're just whining, and the NFL isn't going to take drastic action because of people whining on social media. It doesn't take any real conviction to tweet #FireGoodell.

That is just utterly worthless.

And anyone who says "You're wrong. I am outraged," I'll just call bull$#!^, because the NFL television ratings haven't taken the slightest hit, and you're still going to eagerly watch the games this Sunday.

So with all that said, at this point I'm of the mind that the whole thing is one giant charade, from Roger, to the owners, to the reporters, TO THE FANS.

One massive charade. This is little more than water cooler talk and fodder to plaster on our facebook walls.

Oops. Didn't see the actual press conference, just read the report. That's different. Sounds like business as usual.

So I guess they didn't mention how someone disrupted the press conference shouting something about the elevator and screaming. I couldn't make out what was being said. Probably mocking Goodell. But that person pretty much summed up what I thought of that press conference. A joke!

Goodell was talking about how they always tried to do the right thing and they made a mistake. No Mr Goodell you were NOT trying to do the right thing. You didn't care about doing the right thing. All you cared about was putting more money in the owner's pocket to get an even bigger bonus this year. Go f*ck yourself Goodell, and take your 32 scumbag owners with you. Of course they support your ass. You make them a lot of money which is all the owners care about.:rolleyes:

Goodell was talking about how they always tried to do the right thing and they made a mistake. No Mr Goodell you were NOT trying to do the right thing. You didn't care about doing the right thing. All you cared about was putting more money in the owner's pocket to get an even bigger bonus this year. Go f*ck yourself Goodell, and take your 32 scumbag owners with you. Of course they support your ass. You make them a lot of money which is all the owners care about.:rolleyes:
See you at the game, bro!

And when you get your head out of your own ass, you'll be watching the Pats-Raiders game this Sunday. Looking forward to hearing your analysis, m'man!

Nice....the only idiot on this entire board with HIS head up another person's ass(Goodell's) mocks a true Patriots fan and NFL football fan...what's next? Let me guess...I'm betting soime kind of crude insult about Wheelman's junk and more bragging about the 39 Method of relationships destruction...

"A lot of times"..? :eek: :eek:

I had a girlfriend hit me once. I did nothing but cover up as best as I could until she calmed down and then I left the room as soon as possible once I was able to without, like, barreling through her. I dumped the ***** the very next day. She didn't hurt me physically one bit, but just the fact that she did what she did ends the relationship immediately AFAIC, no reprieve, no chance for parole.

Maybe if you didn't have such a small pee pee you would be a man and dump any woman who laid hands on you in anger.
What kind of a "man" gets women so infuriated that THEY lay their hands on him??? Face it, EVERYONE thinks you are a jerk, 39....even those 5 empty seats you "have" along with the one you sit in at Pats games.

I understand that Goodell was inconsistent and a scumbag because of his sentence of ONLY 2 games for the first offense of spousal abuse. There have been over 50 other such cases.

QUESTION ONE
Will someone tell us how many resulted in penalties of more than 2 game suspension.

QUESTION TWO
Will someone tell us how many resulted in as much as the 6 game suspension of the new policy passed after the Rice incident took place.

IF SOMEONE CAN POINT OUT
the many cases where the offender was given a suspension of many more then 2 games, then the charge of inconsistency would be well founded.

If not, we may really be dealing with someone who acted according to the existing rules and precedents and then bowed now three times to the media (once to change the policy, the second time to change Rice's penalty and then to explain how further changes will be made to policies).

We honestly shouldn't be expecting any resignation. At the end of the day absolutely none of us are "outraged" over anything. We're just whining, and the NFL isn't going to take drastic action because of people whining on social media. It doesn't take any real conviction to tweet #FireGoodell.
The people whining the most and the loudest are the ones who aren't going anywhere. It's the ones who quietly shrug their shoulders and say "eh, guess I'll do something else" that the league needs to watch out for.

Nice....the only idiot on this entire board with HIS head up another person's ass(Goodell's) mocks a true Patriots fan and NFL football fan...what's next? Let me guess...I'm betting soime kind of crude insult about Wheelman's junk and more bragging about the 39 Method of relationships destruction...

What kind of a "man" gets women so infuriated that THEY lay their hands on him??? Face it, EVERYONE thinks you are a jerk, 39....even those 5 empty seats you "have" along with the one you sit in at Pats games.
Don't be fooled, SB39 sits at Jets games.

SB39 still worships the poster of Roger Goodell as a Jets intern on his mom's basement wall.

Don't be fooled, SB39 sits at Jets games.

SB39 still worships the poster of Roger Goodell as a Jets intern on his mom's basement wall.

Notice there is a line through his name now.

So let's get back to the thread subject, shall we?

Notice there is a line through his name now.

So let's get back to the thread subject, shall we?

Hate to say it Shmessy but unless something else breaks I think they have weathered the worst of it and Goodell will stick as Commissioner. Unless the big corporate advertisers break with them the owners are sticking with Goodell, and even though they have huffed and puffed a little not one has dropped out at the NFL Level (Radisson dropped out for the Vikings.)

He may not be safe for the long term, and with the Hernandez trial impending the issues won't be going away, but he has lost authority as moral voice for the league, from now on any time he rules on an issue he is going to be called a hypocrite, and with good reason, so he could well be in some jeopardy down the road, but for now i think he makes it through.

Not trying to give you a hard time, man, but if you're not going to stop watching games unless it's part of some nationwide concerted effort that will make a big splash in the headlines, you're not that mad.

I don't understand why you and SB feel that you get to dictate what the correct response should be for fans. I can decide to protest in any way I choose and that might not be to step away from the game, as I did with MLB and the NBA.

The funny thing is, it really wouldn't take much to get fans organized right now. All we need is a catchy name, slogan and logo. Hopefully we could get tax-exempt status like the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back