PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else still think the 31 other owners are loving how Goodell is handling this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure most (but not all *cough*Mark Davis*cough*) do. The question is, which news sources are they reading. Maybe they think ESPN has it right and the rest is liberal, union loving garbage. There are many ways to lie to oneself. And until the gavel falls, no one, including the members of this board, knows how this will play out.

You do realize that in owners' meetings, they give Mark Davis a coloring book and some crayons and tell him to sit in the corner and be quite? Most owners are somewhat intelligent, there are only a handful of sperm lottery winners who are complete morons (Davis, Irsay, Mike Brown).

The question is whether for the first time 24/32 owners care enough to do something about it. We are not there yet. Any outcome to the cheating allegations in which the Patriots fork over a #1 draft pick, #4 draft pick, $1M, and additional penalties to Brady (even if just a fine) is a win for Goodell/NFL.
Unless, of course, there are emails/proof in the league offices that have owners pushing an agenda and Goodell backing it up. But, if there was something that obvious, it'd be stupid for Goodell to keep going down the path he is on (or he/they are willing to bluff that then lord help them and us as fans of the game).

The worst part is if Brady's suspension is upheld, all of those **** eating owners will gloating to the press about how Goodell did such an amazing job, and frankly, they'll probably believe it. Lying, leaking fake, out-of-context information, misleading the public, doctoring reports, blatantly making a mockery of an arbitrator's role, negotiating in bad faith...yet these jerks would all give him a pat on the back on talk about "the integrity of the game." How can I watch the NFL any more?

I dont think it was ever 31 owners being happy, 15-20 teams? sure, but Id say that number has dropped a bit, not because of the penalties, but because all teh dirty laundry is about to be aired.

You do realize that in owners' meetings, they give Mark Davis a coloring book and some crayons and tell him to sit in the corner and be quite? Most owners are somewhat intelligent, there are only a handful of sperm lottery winners who are complete morons (Davis, Irsay, Mike Brown).

Intelligent does not equate to without bias or without other goals. If you think everyone sees this case as simply as this board, well, I'm just not sure that's true. Some people are now even trying to make the case that failure here is what the NFL wanted all along because the drama makes money. There are so many ways of looking at this and I think we are only looking at it in a very black/white/right/wrong kind of way.

So when you ask if the owners will find that Goody handled this poorly, I think they will each have their own measurement of that. Some will only look at their pocketbooks after the NFL rakes in sales of Brady jerseys and call it a win while patting Goodell on the head. Just look at our own owner who backed up Goodell recently during the Rice debacle. That was a pretty messed up situation for Goodell as well, but he still garnered plenty of support where he needed it. It is just a little naive to think their point of view is the same as ours just because of some negative press.

But like I said, there will be some that will think Goodell is screwing this up completely. There will also be plenty that still think this all was handled just fine for their own intents and purposes.

I would not be so quick to say this is the end of Goodell. He has survived the last year and continues to bring money to the NFL. He may be hard to oust.

I certainly believe he should be given his walking papers, but it takes something like 26 owners to vote him out...

He's lost at least one key owner/supporter - the one he stabbed in the back. ;) Add the Saint's owner.

I've stated this in another thread, and I'll state this here too:
Goodell...isn't...going...anywhere.
At the very least he has the Jesters, Clots, Murderer-Worshippers, Donkeys, Doofins, Squealers & Jints going 100% to the mattresses for him, and they'll strong-arm enough of the other owners to ensure that he stays exactly where he is.

The question is whether for the first time 24/32 owners care enough to do something about it. We are not there yet. Any outcome to the cheating allegations in which the Patriots fork over a #1 draft pick, #4 draft pick, $1M, and additional penalties to Brady (even if just a fine) is a win for Goodell/NFL.
Thank you Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back